PDA

View Full Version : National WW1 or WW2 or Both

richarddaystrom
01-03-2014, 07:55
Dear Fellow Pilots,

I was curious as to what (or both) Wings Of Glory games that you prefer to play and collect. Therefore I am setting up this poll to seek that answer.

Thank you for your help in advance!

Teaticket
01-03-2014, 08:23
I have WWI only. (there is more than enough there to collect!) I played WW2 when it came out and thought it too deadly. Maybe it was the planes we were playing, but with one pass and you could be shot down.

richarddaystrom
01-03-2014, 08:28
I have WWI only. (there is more than enough there to collect!) I played WW2 when it came out and thought it too deadly. Maybe it was the planes we were playing, but with one pass and you could be shot down.

Thank you for your vote and insight Peter!

flash
01-03-2014, 08:39
WW1 for me - just something about it I've always liked (and I never got past the disappointment of the 1/200 scale when WW2 was released!)

Warhawk
01-03-2014, 09:25
Though I have yet to play the WWI version (it's on its way) my interest in the period and the game suggests I will enjoy both versions when certain moods set in.

Doug
01-03-2014, 13:06
Initialy when WW2 came out I was a bit reluctant to play it, then I found other manufactures who made 1/200 scale planes and that was it i was in. I do find a difference between WW1 & WW2 games, but like both.

OldGuy59
01-03-2014, 19:13
I am firmly in the WWI camp, although I have ventured into WWII. I plan on staying in WWI, as I can't afford the cost, space, and effort required for two wars. Maybe I need a job to support my hobby?

Mike :)

richarddaystrom
01-03-2014, 19:44
Although it is early in the polling it is interesting to see that no one is solely a WW2 player.

Strangely Brown
01-04-2014, 02:48
I started with WW2 DoW, got into the Great War for a while but lost interest with the early period and have returned to my first love with a passion, as evidenced by commitment to bring WGS to the UK masses... :minis:

Boney10
01-04-2014, 03:18
While predominately WW1 I do like the odd WW2 game.
Most of my collection is WW1 but I do have a few BoB aircraft, just need some JU88 and Do17, a couple official Hurricanes would be nice

CdnFlyer
01-04-2014, 04:04
At the moment only WW1. Like many of the gentlemen here I neither have the space or funds to run and store a second mass collection of planes. It does look damn tempting though.

StefanoMancosu
01-04-2014, 04:12
WWI: more eroic times!

But my real interest is fight against (or perhaps with) ...

Dastardly and Muttley in Their Flying Machines!

;)

grumpybear
01-04-2014, 04:18
WW1 for me but I have collected WW2 planes

fast.git
01-04-2014, 05:31
...I played WW2 when it came out and thought it too deadly. Maybe it was the planes we were playing, but with one pass and you could be shot down...

I agree... I've found WGS more deadly. Cannon fire is particularly nasty.
I started with WGF, but have jumped on the WGS train as well. It's a sickness, really it is... :sick: ;)

richarddaystrom
01-04-2014, 20:33
I agree... I've found WGS more deadly. Cannon fire is particularly nasty.
I started with WGF, but have jumped on the WGS train as well. It's a sickness, really it is... :sick: ;)

What a lovely way to die - Wings Of Glory syndrome lol

Teaticket
01-05-2014, 08:57
I have all the WGF my poor little house can handle.

Must......fight......WGS.......temptation......

fast.git
01-05-2014, 10:21

I remember that conversation I had with myself... In fact, I could probably find the post here where I stated emphatically that I wouldn't jump into WGS. So much for that little bit of silliness. ;)

richarddaystrom
01-05-2014, 14:58

Resistance is futile ... so say the Borg from Star Trek and Wings Of Glory die-hard fans ;-)

Teaticket
01-05-2014, 17:18
I think I'm safe if I run games at conventions, as I usually do to a point where I don't have time to play in any other games. If I slip up and get to play in a WGS game,
I'm doomed. I'd like to be able to say, "thanks for all the support" from all you here at the drome, but I feel that you will be more likely helping the addiction grow!

fast.git
01-05-2014, 17:25
I think I'm safe if I run games at conventions, as I usually do to a point where I don't have time to play in any other games. If I slip up and get to play in a WGS game,
I'm doomed. I'd like to be able to say, "thanks for all the support" from all you here at the drome, but I feel that you will be more likely helping the addiction grow!

So... I should leave the WGS :minis: at home this weekend? :slysmile:

Willi Von Klugermann
01-05-2014, 19:41
Only WWI for me. So far I have been able to resist the urge.

Teaticket
01-06-2014, 05:03
So... I should leave the WGS :minis: at home this weekend? :slysmile:

You are evil.

I'm sure you will fill me in on why I should also get into WGS, I'll be all ears.

fast.git
01-06-2014, 05:54
You are evil.

I'm sure you will fill me in on why I should also get into WGS, I'll be all ears.

Who, me? :cheezy: Don't know what you're talking about.... ;)

Brambo
01-06-2014, 06:02
I started with WW1, I just love the aircraft. I then tried WW2 and dipped a toe in the water, I fell in! I love both games and have now decided it's an addiction and I can't afford to retire. ;)

Lt. S.Kafloc
01-06-2014, 06:31
WW1 was the start for me. Bashed WW2 as overly complicated with too many chits! How wrong was I. Don't knock it until you've played it. My WW2 collection is now mainly 1/200 for Pacific,Norway and Finland. Whilst I have over 20 aircraft in 1/144th scale for BoB. Soon my WW2 aircraft will outnumber the WW1 aircraft. (and the wallet is starting to hurt).

fast.git
01-06-2014, 08:39
...Bashed WW2 as overly complicated with too many chits! How wrong was I. Don't knock it until you've played it...

I did much the same... and then came to the same realization. WGS is really no more complicated that WGF and, in fact, often plays faster than it's older brother!

richarddaystrom
01-06-2014, 13:42
Hmmm ... if I were to play WGS I would like to play these three air battles:

Battle Of Britain for the Spitfire VS ME-109FW

Germany Bombing Campaign for the P-51's VS Any German Fighter

Pacific for the Zero VS US Wildcat or US Corsair

Teaticket
03-17-2014, 18:49
I have fallen! :surrender: I now have WGS rules and a dozen Pacific planes! Haven't played yet but the inevitable has happened sooner rather than later. My vote must now be both. :)

richarddaystrom
03-17-2014, 18:56
I have fallen! :surrender: I now have WGS rules and a dozen Pacific planes! Haven't played yet but the inevitable has happened sooner rather than later. My vote must now be both. :)

Congratulations Peter!

I only have WGF for the moment but once we see Zeroes and Wildcats and Corsairs added to the game I will be doomed.

Oh and bubbletop Thunderbolts too :)

Teaticket
03-17-2014, 19:13
I like to think I can limit myself to the Pacific but deep down know I will fly every theatre.

richarddaystrom
03-18-2014, 03:14
I like to think I can limit myself to the Pacific but deep down know I will fly every theatre.

Who can resist those beautiful Spitfires :)

Flying Helmut
03-18-2014, 04:39
Who can resist those beautiful Spitfires :)

I can! Still WW1 only - my collection is FAR too large to sideline with another World War.
WW2 is sorely tempting, but so far I'm managing to resist....................so far!

tractorboy
03-18-2014, 05:45
While I like WW 2 aircraft and would play that version anytime, I am very partial to the WW 1 aircraft. Maybe its the nostalgia, paint schemes, or whatever, I just think they are way cooler. How is that for proper English?