PDA

View Full Version : I am ringing the bell and Buying!

richard m schwab
07-15-2010, 13:56
I have observed my recent promotion to Lt. Colonel! :confused: This being the case i am off to the bar for a drink! Come join me i am buying!:eek: Baldric get out the good stuff!:)

Rich

gregbond77
07-15-2010, 14:49
Congrats, by good stuff did you mean anti-freeze? If so....make mine a double. Did you hear the one about the horse and the penguin?

richard m schwab
07-15-2010, 15:59
Greg!

What ever you want.:D I only hit the antifreeze before a mission! ;)Be careful i will tell you the one about the Penguin with car trouble! ;)

Rich

Timothy Pray
07-15-2010, 22:12
Aw, man, I want to hear about the pengin with car trouble.

Oberst Hajj
07-15-2010, 23:59
Congrats Rich! You guys are making Lt. Col every day now!

Olt^Jones
07-16-2010, 00:12
hi Rich, congrats for your new promotion!
i salute you and here you are one beer for you! cheers!! :D

Flying Officer Kyte
07-16-2010, 03:09
Well done Richard, I knew you were just behind me. If it hadn't been for all your new admin duties taking up your time I'm sure you would have beaten me to it. I'm just preying that Trenchard don't post me back to Home Establishment. Do you think there is any chance of getting a squadron. I'm not sure I could afford that many models.
So to the bar old chap.
Rob.

Guntruck
07-16-2010, 03:48
...although with all the promotions flying about, there will soon be whole flights made up of colonels and generals :eek:

Flying Officer Kyte
07-16-2010, 04:22
Why don't Polar Bears eat Penguins? :)

Oberst Hajj
07-16-2010, 04:41
...although with all the promotions flying about, there will soon be whole flights made up of colonels and generals :eek:

Don't count on that ;)

Flying Officer Kyte
07-16-2010, 05:20
Just seen your other posting.
Answer. That Fokker was an Albatros.
Rob.

usmc1855
07-16-2010, 06:07
Congratulations!

flash
07-16-2010, 09:22
Well done Rich - thoroughly deserved.

richard m schwab
07-16-2010, 13:24
Thank you one and all!:)

Rob!
Yes flying this desk has slowed me down.:rolleyes:

My guess they cannot afford the air fare to Antarctica!;) Or did i ruin the joke.:p

Tim!
We have members under 50 who might find the Penguin With Car Trouble joke in bad taste.:eek: PM me and i will give to you!;)
Rich

P.S. Rob my good word will get you air fare to Antarctica. One way!:eek:

Flying Officer Kyte
07-16-2010, 14:34
[QUOTE=richard m schwab;20851]Thank you one and all!:)

Rob!
Yes flying this desk has slowed me down.:rolleyes:

My guess they cannot afford the air fare to Antarctica!;) Or did i ruin the joke.:p

No Rich. It's because they can't get the wrappers off.
Rob.:D

richard m schwab
07-17-2010, 02:27
Rob!

Now that`s not funny!:p

Rich

bumblie3
07-17-2010, 11:47
Hi Rich, SIR! That's also why elephant's don't like them. (In the UK Penguins are chocolate coated biscuits - unless they wriggle, which means you picked one up in the zoo by mistake!)
Congratulations on a well deserved promotion. Sorry I'm a bit late with the accolade, but I've only just landed. So, where's my double Harpic and soda?
John.

richard m schwab
07-17-2010, 14:08
John!

Thank you i will have Baldric set you up!:)

Rich

Wolf
12-12-2010, 09:53
Sorry but it looks to me like you are a Major not Lt Col. Maybe I am wrong. I do not hae my glasses on.

Flying Officer Kyte
12-12-2010, 11:15
Sorry but it looks to me like you are a Major not Lt Col. Maybe I am wrong. I do not hae my glasses on.
William, you have made the error of not reading the date of the original posting of the thread. At the time I made the remark, I had just made Major and Richard was nearly there. Since then he has got to Major and I have also moved up one.
The Avatar always reflects your current rank, not the one you held when the posting was made. Hope that this helps to solve the mystery :)
Rob.

The Cowman
12-12-2010, 12:24
William, you have made the error of not reading the date of the original posting of the thread. At the time I made the remark, I had just made Major and Richard was nearly there. Since then he has got to Major and I have also moved up one.
The Avatar always reflects your current rank, not the one you held when the posting was made. Hope that this helps to solve the mystery :)
Rob.

First of all let me say congratulations!...

I think I see where William is coming from... if you look at Richard's rank insignia, based on current U.S. Air Force Officer rank insignia, the gold maple leaf designates the rank of Major, while the silver maple leaf designates the rank of Lt. Colonel.

tuladin
12-12-2010, 12:41
First of all let me say congratulations!...

I think I see where William is coming from... if you look at Richard's rank insignia, based on current U.S. Air Force Officer rank insignia, the gold maple leaf designates the rank of Major, while the silver maple leaf designates the rank of Lt. Colonel.

If you put your cursor over the gold leaf, "major" pops up.

A few months ago there was a rank adjustment on this site - the number of missions needed to advance went up. Its likely that Richard was a Lt. Colonel when he hit, say, 1000 missions, then the mark was increased to 1200? 1250? and he was adjusted back down to major.

Flying Officer Kyte
12-12-2010, 12:49
If you put your cursor over the gold leaf, "major" pops up.

A few months ago there was a rank adjustment on this site - the number of missions needed to advance went up. Its likely that Richard was a Lt. Colonel when he hit, say, 1000 missions, then the mark was increased to 1200? 1250? and he was adjusted back down to major.
Yes,that is correct. Larry has summed it up correctly.:)
Rob.

AlgyLacey
12-12-2010, 13:07
Aw, man, I want to hear about the pengin with car trouble.

Trust me on this Tim...You don't. :p

The Cowman
12-12-2010, 18:56
Yes,that is correct. Larry has summed it up correctly.:)
Rob.

Ah man... what a bummer... Rang the bell and then got his bell rung! :eek: :D

HEY WAIT!!!! Does that mean that sometime next year when I make Lt. Colonel, I will get to ring the Cowbell?!?! :D Cool! :cool:

(This, of course, assumes that by that time I have not been removed from the site by Col. Haaj for telling too many really bad jokes... but then again if that were the case, then Tony and Rob would have been removed from the site months ago... :eek::eek::D )