PDA

View Full Version : Pets: Enemy of all.

Aero825
07-15-2010, 13:26
Hello friends of the aerodrome! Do any of you have a pet? A cat? A dog? A bird even! If you do then they've probably interfered with your gameplay once in a while. I know my cat Max has a few kills under his belt himself.;) I would love to hear your own stories if you have any.

Hunter

richard m schwab
07-15-2010, 13:49
Hunter!

My hobby room became a hobby room went pet free six months ago.:o Our now year old kitten Augustus Fink-Nottel deforested my N Scale train modules one night.:eek: He thinks himself a great DOW player also, oh yes he loves to bat all the those tokens around!:rolleyes:

Rich

Aero825
07-15-2010, 14:14
Thanks for the reply Rich. I also enjoy making model train layouts (N scale to be exact!), and i'm really sorry for your train-related loss. See you soon!

Hunter

Galland
07-15-2010, 19:18
Im litle obsesed about animals near my miniatures, all thanks Ungy, a friendīs dog.
He found the way to reach a box full of warhamer miniatures....

It was a masacre...

check6
07-15-2010, 21:54
Im litle obsesed about animals near my miniatures, all thanks Ungy, a friendīs dog.
He found the way to reach a box full of warhamer miniatures....

It was a masacre...

I think, despite the fact that I love our dog very much, if that happened to me, I would have a nice new animal skin rug.

that said, I have just as nasty a story I heard from someone else. This guy was going somewhere for the weekend, and told his brother to watch the dog while he was gone. So, his brother then proceeds to leave as well, while the dog who was left alone proceeded to demolish/devour the poor bugger's Forgeworld Warhound Titan as well as a decent (but mostly repairable) portion of his collection.

Attila57
07-15-2010, 22:50
I've two cats (a male and a female).

They don't seem interested to became WoW aces but sometimes they appreciate the battlefield open space to stretch down on it, shutting down mines without a specific preference for German or Allied models. If I forgot to close the door of the room where we are playing, of course.

I think they could be introduced as a new house rule. Something like an unexpected storm (the first weather rule?) that end the game in advance and assign the win to ..... :cool:

A.

csadn
07-15-2010, 23:01
Five words:

"wingz uv wor: burnin' kittehs".

Work it out.... :)

Rum Demon
07-15-2010, 23:19
I've recently taken my WoW stuff over to a buddy's place for 4 and 5 man skirmishes. We play outside on the porch, or set the tables up on his lawn. His cat, Iggy, is nearly a constant menace. It adds a whole new element to the game: Watch the enemy, make sure someone doesn't slip in behind you while you chase that burning Camel, and always have one eye on the furry menace.

Olt^Jones
07-16-2010, 00:08
Five words:

"wingz uv wor: burnin' kittehs".

Work it out.... :)

LOL! very funny this one :D

i have a dog but i always take care of my boardgames and of course my wow minis.
so when i finish to play i put all the stuffs away in their boxes and my room has "biohazard risk" warning to keep out people and animals :D
only me and my friends are allowed to enter.

Aero825
07-16-2010, 13:26
When my dad and I play, we play in our sunroom because a lot of times we don't finish our games on the same days we finish, and since our sun room has a door its perfect for Wings of War

Snowy
07-16-2010, 13:59
OK, I will share....

I have a couple of stories.

I had a female Cat that one time prior to having kittens, stole several of my 'Treasures' and put them in her nest. Not sure how she was going to nurse a T34/85 tank but she was sure going to try.

Another Cat, a few years later, used to like to perch on top of the cupboard and take a nap. This boardered on the game table. During one session, he fell so sound asleep he fell off his 'perch' and landed on the edge of the table, with the affect of everything on it flying in all directions. I think we are still occassionally finding micro armour bits and peices from that one.

Rearranging the layout is probably the most common.

The worst was one game, while we were taking a break, we experienced a chemical attack in the form of a furball left on the main objective. It wasn't my model, but it was sold at the next convention.

Lastly, my wife came up with this one...
Its called Bomb Beatle. We have these large Rhinosorus Beatles here. She would find one and drop it on the game table. She would say 5 minutes or some other time. At the designated time, it became a crater, along with whatever favorite figure youo had there. Have you ever seen a bunch of grown guys trying to shoo a beatle all over the table. Deffinately a different dimention. I guess it would fit right in if you were playing starship troopers.:)

Goering Ace
07-16-2010, 15:48
LOL!! Awesome stories, EVERYONE!! I read them all and busted a gut laughing the whole time!!

Scott

Rick57
07-17-2010, 06:34
Luckily, my hobby room has a door and my two cats prefer not being around strangers. Still, it doesn't matter how well you vacuum a house, one or two of their little thin hairs usually seem to show up as I paint any miniature. So, yeah I'm always on alert for the "enemy".

HardRock
07-18-2010, 19:51
Years ago, I used to play modern micro armor with a guy. He had a dog. Once when he was ignoring the dog during a game, several miniatures turned up missing. Afterwards while cleaning up the yard, he discovered the remains of several Abrahms and a Hind.

Aero825
07-19-2010, 16:28
Great story Henry! Hilarious! Thanks for sharing!

Hunter

Flying Officer Kyte
07-20-2010, 09:21
How to keep your cat off the hobby table. :)
Rob.

Von Deekin
07-20-2010, 16:04
So, here's a riddle........
Where does a thirty pound cat lay? :confused:

Anywhere his' twenty-nine pound brother isn't. :D

(& that's only two of five!) :eek:

Needless to say, we go out to game, felines run the house.

Aero825
07-21-2010, 08:18
GREAT PICTURE Rob! That is HILARIOUS!!!!! Nice cat too.

Hunter

Flying Officer Kyte
07-24-2010, 13:41
GREAT PICTURE Rob! That is HILARIOUS!!!!! Nice cat too.

Hunter

Hi Hunter, Here is the picture of Salem I promised you.
Rob.

Doug
07-25-2010, 04:35
I am rather lucky with my cat as he does not tolerate strangers in his house and will go and hide after spitting at any body who come near him, so it is no problem gaming, however he always seams to know when I am painting some thing difficult and choses that moment to demant instant attention (or he will start walking on my model table knocking over pain or sitting on fragile models ect), such as more food or cuddels. I do not know how many paint brushes I have had dry up on me because of this.

richard m schwab
07-25-2010, 05:06
Doug!

That is why my hobby i room is a cat free zone!

Rich

Flying Officer Kyte
07-25-2010, 07:20
Doug!

That is why my hobby i room is a cat free zone!

Rich

Rich. Your cats obviously don't head butt, shoulder charge doors, or pick locks. Salem can even shift a full metal rubbish bin backed up by a set of Boules to get through a door, but then he is a witches cat.
Rob.

Galland
07-25-2010, 09:27
Rich. Your cats obviously don't head butt, shoulder charge doors, or pick locks. Salem can even shift a full metal rubbish bin backed up by a set of Boules to get through a door, but then he is a witches cat.
Rob.

mmmm salem -> wichs cat....
now its has all sense..

Flying Officer Kyte
07-25-2010, 09:46
mmmm salem -> wichs cat....
now its has all sense..

I've just noticed, he has jumped out of my posting here into Aces' Pets Names thread. That's the sort of thing he does all the time.:confused:
Rob.

Aero825
07-26-2010, 18:04
LOL!! Rob, you are one funny guy! I just hope Salem doesn't get his paws on a REAL Dr.I ... shiver (I wonder how much apocalypse insurance costs these days.)

Hunter

Flying Officer Kyte
07-27-2010, 00:39
LOL!! Rob, you are one funny guy! I just hope Salem doesn't get his paws on a REAL Dr.I ... shiver (I wonder how much apocalypse insurance costs these days.)

Hunter

You want to see his broomstick. It's more souped up than Harry Potters.;)
Rob.

Goberfish
07-27-2010, 12:55
My most memorable pet attack was while playing a game of Wizkids Pirates (lite plasticard ships) and my friend let his parrot out. The bird promptly flew over to our game table and hovered. The down draft the bird created was impressive. Completely cleared the table of all models and tokens.

I was winning too :(

Aero825
07-27-2010, 13:37
Andre, FYI I collect those ships, though I don't play the game much.

Hunter

Flying Officer Kyte
07-27-2010, 14:37
I was winning too :([/QUOTE]

Could the parrot have been his secret weapon for if he were loseing?
Rob.:(