PDA

View Full Version : New Expansions are Out

David Kuijt
07-14-2010, 07:42
Nobody else seems to have mentioned this -- the Crossfire and Hit and Run expansions are available at several online stores right now -- mine is coming to me from thewarstore.com, but I'm sure others have them.

Dathbain
07-14-2010, 09:12
I think Hit and Run is the only expansion that peaks my intrest, ordering today!

Akosion
07-14-2010, 09:19
Hot dog! That's some very good news.
Aris K.

Flying Officer Kyte
07-14-2010, 13:06
Great news. Remind me please which one has the Bristol fighter in it.
Rob.

ChaosChild
07-14-2010, 15:00
Great news. Remind me please which one has the Bristol fighter in it.
Rob.

That would be Crossfire.

I just got mine today (along with Flight of the Giants) from Coolstuffinc.

Chico
07-14-2010, 16:37
What do we get in these new expansions? I saw some Hit and Run Cards at my local game store. Are there any changes to rules?

Ah never mind mates, i just got the low down on the expansions.

"The Crossfire booster pack brings 4 different airplanes to the fray: the famed two-seater scout Bristol F2B Fighter and the more traditional two-seaters Rumpler C.IV, SAML S.2, and Phönix C.I. These planes fought in the skies all over Europe during World War I, and played a vital role in determining the outcome of the War. The Crossfire Booster Pack is composed of 18 airplane cards and 3 decks of Maneuver cards (K, R, and R)."

"The Hit and Run booster pack will allow you to pilot two famous fighter planes: the SPAD VII and the Aviatik D.I. These fast but powerful airplanes were piloted by some of the immortal aces of World War I, such as Francesco Baracca and Georges Guynemer. The Hit and Run Booster Pack is composed of 31 airplane cards and 2 decks of Maneuver cards (B and Q)."

-Source: Fantasy Flight Games.com

Bruce
07-14-2010, 17:41
Excellent for the new cards.

I have already scratch-built 4 Rumpler's and have the Aviatik D.I and Phoenix C.I on my "to build" list after I finish the 4 X Sopwith Triplanes, 4 X Hanriots and 4 X BE 2s that are in production now. I have only the top wings to attach, then the landing gear and propellors, and the final paint touch-ups.

Perhaps I'll also add the Bristol F2B Fighter to make it three 2-seaters. They will all be ready for our return to gaming in late October. The summers here in Ottawa are too nice to be inside during the warm weather; so my gaming group games only from late Oct to April. PBeM is a good alternative for those who need a "fix" to tide them over the 6 month gap; and we build new aircraft.

Flying Officer Kyte
07-15-2010, 01:03
That would be Crossfire.

I just got mine today (along with Flight of the Giants) from Coolstuffinc.

Thanks Chaos, I will get an order off.:)

Rob.

Pseudotheist
07-15-2010, 05:43
"The Crossfire Booster Pack is composed of 18 airplane cards and 3 decks of Maneuver cards (K, R, and R)."
I hope this is incorrect; otherwise Nexus printed 2 different R decks...

Flying Officer Kyte
07-15-2010, 09:31
Any one this side of the pond selling Crossfire yet. I cant find any reference to it other than on F.F.G. United States site.
Rob.

aper373
07-16-2010, 11:36
"The Crossfire booster pack brings 4 different airplanes to the fray: the famed two-seater scout Bristol F2B Fighter and the more traditional two-seaters Rumpler C.IV, SAML S.2, and Phönix C.I. These planes fought in the skies all over Europe during World War I, and played a vital role in determining the outcome of the War. The Crossfire Booster Pack is composed of 18 airplane cards and 3 decks of Maneuver cards (K, R, and R)."

I just got the Crossfire and Hit and Run boosters and my Crossfire has one 'K' Maneuver deck and two 'S' Maneuver decks. Did they change from the 'R' to the 'S' deck and what is the 'R' Maneuver deck being used for, maybe the bombers?

Andy

Flying Officer Kyte
07-16-2010, 11:49
I just got the Crossfire and Hit and Run boosters and my Crossfire has one 'K' Maneuver deck and two 'S' Maneuver decks. Did they change from the 'R' to the 'S' deck and what is the 'R' Maneuver deck being used for, maybe the bombers?

Andy

Check the aircraft cards, and see which decks are marked on them. I would like to know categorically which deck applies to which plane, as there have been so many contradictory references over the last few months.
Rob.

tuladin
07-16-2010, 13:12

Andy

The R deck was used in Balloon Busters for the Nieuport 16.

aper373
07-16-2010, 17:17
Check the aircraft cards, and see which decks are marked on them. I would like to know categorically which deck applies to which plane, as there have been so many contradictory references over the last few months.
Rob.

Hey Rob,

Here is the simple break down for Crossfire booster pack:

(8) Bristol F2b cards
(4) Phonix C.I
(3) Rumpler C.IV
(3) SAML S.2
(2) S Maneuver Decks - Damage Decks - 16 Damage Points
(1) K Maneuver Deck

Bristol F2b: S B/B, B/A and AB/A 16

Phonix C.I: K B/B 16

Rumpler C.IV: K B/B 15

SAML S.2: K B/B and -/B 16

Andy

tuladin
07-16-2010, 18:43
(2) S Maneuver Decks - Damage Decks - 16 Damage Points

I don't get it - the S maneuver deck has damage points?

aper373
07-16-2010, 20:35
Oops! Sorry about that mistake. It should read like this:

Hey Rob,

Here is the simple break down for Crossfire booster pack:

(8) Bristol F2b cards
(4) Phonix C.I
(3) Rumpler C.IV
(3) SAML S.2
(2) S Maneuver Decks
(1) K Maneuver Deck

Bristol F2b: S B/B, B/A and AB/A 16

Phonix C.I: K B/B 16

Rumpler C.IV: K B/B 15

SAML S.2: K B/B and -/B 16

Andy

Flying Officer Kyte
07-17-2010, 00:20
Thanks for the full and comprehensive answer Andy. Now I know what I am getting exactly and can plan accordingly.:) Still no sign of them in England though.:(
Rob.

Flying Officer Kyte
07-22-2010, 11:41
mine is coming to me from thewarstore.com, but I'm sure others have them.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info on thewarstore David. After looking all over Europe, I bit the bullet and ordered mine from there as well. Good job the exchange rate is better today.;)
Rob.