PDA

View Full Version : Ontario Reporting For Duty

richarddaystrom
12-03-2013, 07:01
Hi Folks,

I just wanted to say hello to the community at large.

I am just getting into this game now via a Duel Pack and so far Wings Of Glory WW1 looks great.

I hope to meet some of the local Toronto area players down the road.

Good luck and may your guns shoot straight and true.

Warmest regards ... Richard

horsepyre
12-03-2013, 07:22
Welcome to the 'drome, Richard! Glad to have you on board!

As a newer player myself, having just picked up the game three or four months ago, I can assure you you're in for a real treat!

Blackronin
12-03-2013, 07:29
Welcome from Portugal!

itchy
12-03-2013, 08:04
Welcome and good flying ;)

Captain Chum
12-03-2013, 08:08
Welcome to the drome Richard. :fokker:

Baron Rolf
12-03-2013, 08:13
Welcome to the aerodrome Richard :thumbsup:

Nightbomber
12-03-2013, 08:32
Welcome from Poland, Richard:)

flash
12-03-2013, 08:34
Welcome to the 'drome Richard from a dingy East Sussex in England today !

richarddaystrom
12-03-2013, 08:39
Thank you all for the warm welcome!

Archidamus
12-03-2013, 08:44
Hello Richard, and welcome to the 'drome from here in the UK

rolfy12
12-03-2013, 09:52
Hello and welcome from 'sunny' Alberta!

7eat51
12-03-2013, 09:57
Welcome to a great place Richard. If you have trouble finding players, check out some of the solo campaigns, such as Over the Trenches. They are a lot of fun.

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?84-Over-the-Trenches

I am glad you are now able to post. If you have any other questions/problems, don't hesitate to ask.

richarddaystrom
12-03-2013, 14:50
Welcome to a great place Richard. If you have trouble finding players, check out some of the solo campaigns, such as Over the Trenches. They are a lot of fun.

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?84-Over-the-Trenches

I am glad you are now able to post. If you have any other questions/problems, don't hesitate to ask.

Thank your Eric for sharing this interesting solo campaign.

I had already discovered Richard Bradley's solo rules so having a campaign to play them with is even better.

Willi Von Klugermann
12-03-2013, 16:35
Welcome aboard Rich.

Naharaht
12-03-2013, 18:17
Welcome to the Aerodrome, Richard, from here near Norwich in the United Kingdom.

richarddaystrom
12-03-2013, 18:33
One thing I have come to appreciate is how universally accepted this game is. Look at all the pilots from different countries all over the world, that is really amazing.

Thank you all.

gully_raker
12-03-2013, 19:10
:thumbsup: G'day Richard & welcome to the 'drome on behalf of the Pilots who fly in NSW down in Australia.

Lots of great info available here & a nicer bunch of Airmen would be hard to find!:D

Teaticket
12-03-2013, 19:36
Welcome to the drome from Cape Cod. Lots of great info here and great folks too.

grumpybear
12-04-2013, 03:20
Hi again from Alberta

Flying Officer Kyte
12-05-2013, 02:38
On behalf of the rest of the pilots over here in the U.K. welcome to the Drome Richard.
Rob.

steel_ratt
12-08-2013, 13:02
It looks like I will be the first of the Toronto players to say hello and welcome.

I keep thinking that it would be good to get together with some of the 'drome players from Toronto, but it hasn't happened yet. Someday...

Cheers,
Jon

Diamondback
12-08-2013, 16:12
Welcome aboard! My gal lives in Toronto, and I've been trying to get her into the game... a little complicated since we're Very Long Distance. :) Maybe someday if I ever get back there to visit...

crashx
12-08-2013, 19:24
Hello Richard, welcome to the group!!! :salute::pint:

Chris Maes
12-08-2013, 20:01
Welcome to the 'drome, mate!

Chris Maes

Lt. S.Kafloc
12-08-2013, 22:44
Welcome to the 'Drome Richard from the UK-North Squadron and flights. Happy hunting and welcome to the start of the madness.

richarddaystrom
12-17-2013, 10:17
It looks like I will be the first of the Toronto players to say hello and welcome.

I keep thinking that it would be good to get together with some of the 'drome players from Toronto, but it hasn't happened yet. Someday...

Cheers,
Jon

Hi Jon,

Thank you for the welcome. Are there many Toronto GTA pilots? It would be great to meet some in the future.

tailz
12-29-2013, 07:03
Hi Jon,

Thank you for the welcome. Are there many Toronto GTA pilots? It would be great to meet some in the future.

Are you a member of TABS? (Toronto Area Boardgaming Society www.tabsonline.net)... if not, you should join up. Many gamers (Wargames, Euro, Minis, Card, etc.) with membership all over SW Ontario. Many Wings players there, and the game usually makes an appearance at their quarterly game days, and they have an Annual Tournament. Depending on exactly where you are, and ability to travel/host, I have some Wings players in the KW-Guelph area too. (WaterlooWellingtonWargamers on Meetup)

Cheers,

Clint

fast.git
12-29-2013, 10:51
One thing I have come to appreciate is how universally accepted this game is. Look at all the pilots from different countries all over the world, that is really amazing.

You make an outstanding point... this game is enjoyed by players of dramatically different cultures, and a great range of ages. It's easy to pick up, but has a ton of depth...
And the models are just so darn pretty! ;)

CdnFlyer
12-30-2013, 07:39
Hello Richard,
Welcome to the drome...nice to see another player from the Big Smoke. I haven't posted or played much as of late as the my new little one keeps me really busy. The TABS community in T.O. seems to be the biggest gathering of WoW players around here. I have yet to make it out to one of their events, but I am hopeful I will this coming year. You'll find that this site is full of friendly flyers who are a wealth of knowledge and can help with any directions you may need...especially to the Officers Mess LOL! I'm a bit of a junior with the game but a full on addict (damn those beautiful little planes). I'm hoping to make it out to a TABS event sometime and learn how to really play this game from some of the more senior...?! cough,cough ....experienced players lol! Drop me a line sometime if your going and maybe we can meet up and play a few rounds and have a pint or two.

zombieknight
01-15-2014, 16:07
Welcome to the 'drome, from a displaced Newfie living in upstate NY. Great group of people here - enjoy!

richarddaystrom
01-16-2014, 18:51
Are you a member of TABS? (Toronto Area Boardgaming Society www.tabsonline.net)... if not, you should join up. Many gamers (Wargames, Euro, Minis, Card, etc.) with membership all over SW Ontario. Many Wings players there, and the game usually makes an appearance at their quarterly game days, and they have an Annual Tournament. Depending on exactly where you are, and ability to travel/host, I have some Wings players in the KW-Guelph area too. (WaterlooWellingtonWargamers on Meetup)

Cheers,

Clint

Thank you for the suggestion Clint.

Would you happen to know if the players favour playing WW1 or WW2 WoG?

richarddaystrom
01-16-2014, 18:59
Hello Richard,
Welcome to the drome...nice to see another player from the Big Smoke. I haven't posted or played much as of late as the my new little one keeps me really busy. The TABS community in T.O. seems to be the biggest gathering of WoW players around here. I have yet to make it out to one of their events, but I am hopeful I will this coming year. You'll find that this site is full of friendly flyers who are a wealth of knowledge and can help with any directions you may need...especially to the Officers Mess LOL! I'm a bit of a junior with the game but a full on addict (damn those beautiful little planes). I'm hoping to make it out to a TABS event sometime and learn how to really play this game from some of the more senior...?! cough,cough ....experienced players lol! Drop me a line sometime if your going and maybe we can meet up and play a few rounds and have a pint or two.

Hi Flyer!

Your situation mirrors mine to a large degree except I am much older. I am trying to nail down what military period most of the local players prefer to play in. I am sensing people favour WW1 over WW2 if you only play one era.

Knowing what people play the most would influence my purchasing choices lol