PDA

View Full Version : High Road to China

Chico
07-11-2010, 13:21
I was wondering if anyone that has seen the 1983 movie, "The High Road to China" staring Tom Selleck? If so does anyone know the type of two-seater Bi-planes used in the movie? I think they were Curtiss JNs but am not sure.

If u have not seen the movie i highly recommend.

gregbond77
07-11-2010, 15:14
I saw that movie a long, long time ago. I enjoyed it as well, don't remember the types of planes. Is it available on DVD?

Oberst Hajj
07-12-2010, 06:50
Yep, saw that back when it came out... was a really good movie if I recall correctly. I've thought about it over the years, need to see if I can find it to watch again. I think they were JNs, or at least the one he flew was.

gregbond77
07-12-2010, 15:44
I was wondering if anyone that has seen the 1983 movie, "The High Road to China" staring Tom Selleck? If so does anyone know the type of two-seater Bi-planes used in the movie? I think they were Curtiss JNs but am not sure.

If u have not seen the movie i highly recommend.

I checked the internet to see if the movie was out on DVD, it's not:mad:. But I did find out about the planes. They were French built Stampes, built after WW2.

Oberst Hajj
07-12-2010, 23:02
A google search turned up one site that was selling a DVD version of this movie. From what I could tell, it was a "copy", but claimed to have excellent video and sound quality. With shipping I think it was around $17-$18 dollars.

gregbond77
07-13-2010, 17:26
A google search turned up one site that was selling a DVD version of this movie. From what I could tell, it was a "copy", but claimed to have excellent video and sound quality. With shipping I think it was around $17-$18 dollars.

I saw a couple of those as well. I just don't trust bootlegs, as you never know what your getting. So I think I'll wait for it to be released thru normal channels. But thanks for the heads up.