PDA

View Full Version : wow/wgs damage counters question

Kleebatch
11-10-2013, 07:06
are old wow ww2 and new wgs damage counters the same or were they changed from one edition to the other?

found an old deluxe set in a local shop but i'd only buy it if the damage counters are good for wgs aswell

thanks in advance, Klee

ptownhiker
11-10-2013, 08:49
Hi Claudio,
I don't remember the exact answer to your question off the top of my head, but I play with both old and new counters mixed together. That implies that at what time I read somewhere that the damage percentages and the special damage counters were the same between the old set and the new set. I have one note of caution, however, and that is that the symbols for the special damages (rudder jam, engine hit, etc) are different between the old and new sets. If you can recognize them both, you will have not problems.

Even if the damage counters were not compatible, I would still be tempted to buy the old deluxe set just for the airplane models.

cheers,

Dave S.

Kleebatch
11-10-2013, 09:32
ok thanks a lot for the prompt answer, i'm tempted because of the models too and being able to use the extra damage counters would be an added bonus.

worst case i can scan old and new special damage symbols and print a quick reference rule for home use

Cheers, Claudio

Marechallannes
11-10-2013, 10:28
Hi Claudio.

Have a look at this thread.

It's an overview about the new damage tokens and Chris added an overview of the old Dawn of War damage token set.

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/showthread.php?16219-WGS-Damage-Overview