PDA

View Full Version : Beaufighter Flying Manual

PonchoLatour
10-29-2013, 08:41
Can't believe what I just found while trying to check out wether Beau's were actually allowed to perform Immelmanns: http://www.burrowes.org/FamilyTree/E.F.G.Burrowes_LogBook/extras/Beaufighter-Manual/index.html

People with eyesight issues beware! (and that includes myself)

Naharaht
10-29-2013, 22:29
Did it answer your question?

My guess would be that they could perform Immelmanns but maybe not when they were loaded with bombs or a torpedo.

PonchoLatour
10-30-2013, 03:38
Did it answer your question?

Yes, yes it did. Aerobatics strictly forbidden, and your guess is good. Just wanted to share the link ;)

Flying Officer Kyte
10-30-2013, 09:48
Very interesting as far as my use of them goes in my Desert campaign then. No clever stuff whilst loaded or in sight of any "Brass".
Rob.

Honza
10-30-2013, 12:12
No Immelman for airplanes that carry bombs is even a part of the game. "Full load", page 40-41, RA pack rules. Well done Andrea :)

Flying Officer Kyte
10-30-2013, 13:09
No Immelman for airplanes that carry bombs is even a part of the game. "Full load", page 40-41, RA pack rules. Well done Andrea :)

I was actually suggesting that we took it even further Jan, and did not perform any clever stuff at all whilst fully loaded.
Rob.

Honza
10-30-2013, 13:16
The rules also suggest slow speed and +1 to a climb rate. I really understand to these rules, when Me110 was released we tried a bomb mission with it and it was really overpowered. That's why i also welcome the new rules for non-bombers carrying a bomb. It all makes sense and helps the game great deal.

Naharaht
10-30-2013, 22:25
The ban on intentional spinning and aerobatics reads to me like an instruction not to 'fool around' rather than a ban on their use in combat.