PDA

View Full Version : New SND season! Week.1

HTRAINo
09-30-2013, 15:53
Yes, you guessed it! It's 'Open Season' every Saturday night for the next month!

WW1 only, and only results from WW1 games will be considered (it's less paperwork)
Special thanks to Omegalazarus for holding the fort last time for me!

Week.1 will commence Saturday 05/10/2013... :guns:

For people wishing to participate, the guidelines are;

Step 1: Play your game/s on a Saturday and decide the overall winner (CP or Entente or other?)

Step 2: Go to the 'Quick Report' thread and post about your match, and end the post with either CP Victory or Entente Victory for example.

Step 3: Post up your AAR titled... AAR (SND) *then your mission name here* in Mission Discussions>Saturday Night Dogfight.
AAR not necessary if you don't want to. It would be good to post a summary picture, of planes and the damage cards they sustained... just to verify your win/defeat etc.
You will have until each following Wednesday to post results into that weeks entry.

THE RESULTS

*This will be updated until midnight GMT on Wednesdays*

After you fought relentlessly to secure victory, the scores so far are;

WWI (1914-1918)
Entente = 1
Central Powers = 1

Victory awarded = Draw
----------------------------------------------

Accumulative totals;

WWI (1914-1918)
Entente = 1
Central Powers = 1
-----------------------------------

AAR Summary;
People who posted AAR's this week are as follows... (will be updated as you post them up)

# Skafloc - CP win
# Csadn - Entente win

There are 'old' pilots, and there are 'bold' pilots.
There aren't many 'old-bold' pilots :)

Baron Rolf
09-30-2013, 23:42
Right I'd better prepare the war room then ( the conservatory ) for more mayhem, a chance to try out my new Jasta against my French planes.

Lt. S.Kafloc
10-01-2013, 00:23
An excuse to try out all my new early war planes bought at Derby.

HTRAINo
10-07-2013, 13:22
Any AAR's from Saturday?

Lt. S.Kafloc
10-07-2013, 14:14
Yep, sorry too wrapped up with 266 at the present.

1 Gotha and 2 AEG GIV's raided the southern town of Trowbridge. 3 Snipes intercepted.

Result:

Rail head destroyed. 1 snipe down, 2 pilots wounded.

tikkifriend
10-08-2013, 00:10
An excuse to try out all my new early war planes bought at Derby.

What did you get Neil ?;)

Lt. S.Kafloc
10-08-2013, 02:59
2 moraines, 2 fokker, 2 halberstadt and 2 DH2 (and a lovely Beaufighter too)

tikkifriend
10-08-2013, 03:36
Should be able to shoot them all down with that then :guns::guns::crash::)

HTRAINo
10-08-2013, 13:22
Niel, that's a definite CP win methinks ;)

Got until tomorrow to gain an Entente win folks lol :eek:

csadn
10-08-2013, 15:03
Got until tomorrow to gain an Entente win folks lol :eek:

I can oblige, then -- no pics, tho'. (Still trying to figure out that dratted camera.)

First time with the minis -- three-pack of Hanriots (two A, one B packing incendiary), against a _RW_-style observation-balloon defense (4 each cannon and MG arrayed around the balloon) and a pair of Albatros D.Vs.

Short version: It was an exercise in "why you stay with your wingman"; the Hanriot As stayed together, and were able to cut the ground guns to pieces with massed fire, so the Hanriot B could slip in and trash the balloon (and anything else in the area); the As then repeated the performance on the Albatroses, who stayed together as well, but weren't quite able to match the gunnery of the Entente.

End result: The Germans lost the balloon; the balloon ground crew; one AA cannon; two AA MGs; and one Albatros (two engine hits); the other Albatros was crippled (over 1/2 damage; plus one critical each to pilot and engine). The Americans (in Belgian and Italian colors -- however did three entire acft. fall off a truck? ;) ) did not lose any acft.; however, all three suffered more than 1/2 damage, and the B also took an engine and a pilot critical, while one of the As took a pilot critical. (Ground-attack in WW1 is a real b****.)

I think I pretty-well have these missions down to a science; next time, I'll try the Germans attacking an Entente balloon, and see how it works. Attack protocol is fairly simple: Punch out one of the AA cannon first, then knock out the MGs to either side; that way the anti-balloon bird has a clear shot. And for the love of all that is decent and military, do *NOT* go haring off alone....

HTRAINo
10-09-2013, 16:27
Ok, that sounded like a pretty tense battle you had there!

I will award the Entente with the victory, as they were still airborne and the Balloon, associated AA's and an Albatros were not ;)
So this week, the winner is?

Nobody lol, it's a draw... but these scores all add up to the accumulative total (seen in post no.1 and in next weeks SND).
If you missed this one, play on Saturday and post up your AAR's by next Wednesday to help secure the win for your chosen faction :)

Lt. S.Kafloc
10-10-2013, 00:54
Definitely an early wars got to try out my new birds.

csadn
10-10-2013, 14:12
Ok, that sounded like a pretty tense battle you had there!

Well, like I said: I think I have the attack pattern down; dodging AA is easier when they can't bring a gun to bear without shooting down their own balloon (yes, that's happened :) ). If one wants a *really* intense experience: Try it with those *&^%$#!ing Nieuports.