PDA

View Full Version : Did you hear it?

flash
06-29-2010, 03:37
Gentlemen - It's my turn to ring the bell on promotion to Hauptman, or, Kaptain if you prefer ! :D

In the words of Lt George: "Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals"..

If only it was so easy !

NeilCFord
06-29-2010, 04:15
Congrats on the promotion. I believe myself, the Flying Officer and Guntruck will be at our usual table in the corner (or under it in Steve's case ;) ). A few bottles and a barmaid would be appreciated.

- Neil.

bumblie3
06-29-2010, 05:05
Well done Dave, a noble effort, even for a Hun!:D

John

flash
06-29-2010, 05:08
I'm only Hunnish as a cover !

Guntruck
06-29-2010, 07:44
Congrats on the promotion. I believe myself, the Flying Officer and Guntruck will be at our usual table in the corner (or under it in Steve's case ;) ). A few bottles and a barmaid would be appreciated.

- Neil.

We have a table??? We have a corner??? We have a barmaid??? :eek:

Congrats on the jolly old promotion. :)

NeilCFord
06-29-2010, 11:00
We have a table??? We have a corner??? We have a barmaid??? :eek:

Well the corner is the same one you and I were occupying when the Flying Officer got made a major (and you can still see some of the stains), the table the CO procured, primarily to hide us under when the big wigs turn up and the barmaid, well she's the lass Rich was playing with last week. A little soiled around the edges, but beggars can't be choosers ;)

- Neil.

Flying Officer Kyte
06-29-2010, 11:11
Glad to see all my efforts are appreciated. Well done that Hun. The batman came back with the Pimms that ran out, and a crate of bubbly has just arrived from Paris to refresh the parts that barmaids can't reach. Still no new phonograph records though. I guess someone will have to strike up a tune on that old unlucky joanna. I hear tell that 60 squadron have their own band. Now what are we going to do about that chaps?
Kyte.

NeilCFord
06-29-2010, 11:26
Dawn raid and nick all their instruments sir?

- Neil.

Flying Officer Kyte
06-29-2010, 11:32
Dawn raid and nick all their instruments sir?

- Neil.

I'll leave that with you then.;) What are we going to do about bandsmen? Got to give Flash a good show. What.
Kyte.

NeilCFord
06-29-2010, 11:41
Well I don't think we can nick them as well sir, might be a bit too obvious ;)

Not sure we've actually got anyone who can hold a tune... or their drink for that matter.

Maybe we can just use the instruments to bomb the Hun instead? Flash can have the privilege of dropping the drums.

- Neil.

Flying Officer Kyte
06-29-2010, 11:56
Well I don't think we can nick them as well sir, might be a bit too obvious ;)

Not sure we've actually got anyone who can hold a tune... or their drink for that matter.

Maybe we can just use the instruments to bomb the Hun instead? Flash can have the privilege of dropping the drums.

- Neil.

Not Quite what I intended, but it will mean that Flash can get the party orf with a "bang" and then we can see about the barmaid.;)
Kyte.

Algynon
06-29-2010, 13:03
Congratulations.

Steady on chaps, now the Pimms is back, what about a nice game of Ludo...

NeilCFord
06-29-2010, 13:16
Ludo is for wimps, we're going on a musical bombing run!

But now you mention it, a few Pimms before we head off sounds like a grand idea. Make mine a treble :)

- Neil.

Guntruck
06-29-2010, 14:19
Glad to see all my efforts are appreciated. Well done that Hun. The batman came back with the Pimms that ran out, and a crate of bubbly has just arrived from Paris to refresh the parts that barmaids can't reach. Still no new phonograph records though. I guess someone will have to strike up a tune on that old unlucky joanna. I hear tell that 60 squadron have their own band. Now what are we going to do about that chaps?
Kyte.

Is Unlucky Joanna the barmaid then? ;)

Without wishing to hijack this thread, a toast to my new wingman NeilCFord, Huzzah! Now with Neil, Don and Rob I can defend this table to the bitter end!

Flying Officer Kyte
06-29-2010, 14:41
[QUOTE=Guntruck;18793]Is Unlucky Joanna the barmaid then? ;)

No her name is Ludo.
Rob.;)

richard m schwab
06-29-2010, 19:04
A well deserved promotion. If Rob is still buying i will have a double.:)

Neil! Some of those finger prints and smudges were already on the little bar maid?;) Not all but some!:)

Rich

Oberst Hajj
06-29-2010, 22:31
Congrats on the promotion.

Flying Officer Kyte
06-30-2010, 01:38
I'm indeed buying. Ludo will get you what you need at the bar. Don't trip over Max. He is currently under the bar looking for a leak in the pipes.
Rob.

bumblie3
06-30-2010, 08:11

- Neil.

I say you cads, this is a bit unfair! I can hold a tune. I was the Johnny who held the sheet music, last time Kyte tried to play the Joanna.... Mind you, I don't believe he played anything resembling what I was holding! He kept muttering about there being too many black notes, and they kept getting in his way. AND I didn't get the double Harpic and Soda that he promised me. Chizz!

John.

flash
06-30-2010, 08:18
The last time I played with a Joanna she slapped me !
Any of you Brits going to Bovington this weekend ?

NeilCFord
06-30-2010, 08:39
Was thinking about it, but it may be a case of deciding on the day. Could do with getting some gaming in though.

- Neil.

Flying Officer Kyte
06-30-2010, 08:52
I say you cads, this is a bit unfair! I can hold a tune. I was the Johnny who held the sheet music, last time Kyte tried to play the Joanna.... Mind you, I don't believe he played anything resembling what I was holding! He kept muttering about there being too many black notes, and they kept getting in his way. AND I didn't get the double Harpic and Soda that he promised me. Chizz!

John.

I've drunk some strange things in my time John, but Harpic's bizzare.:rolleyes:
I will give you full Marx for noticing that someone had coloured all the white notes black.
Kyte.

Flying Officer Kyte
06-30-2010, 08:55
The last time I played with a Joanna she slapped me !
Any of you Brits going to Bovington this weekend ?

So that's where all the finger marks came from. On a lighter note, you are much better off with Ludo.
Rob.

bumblie3
06-30-2010, 10:11
I get worried about Ludo, chaps. My father was a navy man through both World Wars, and he always referred to Ludo as 'Uckers', I mean to say, its neither one thing or the other, when you think about it. :D

Flying Officer Kyte
06-30-2010, 10:37
I get worried about Ludo, chaps. My father was a navy man through both World Wars, and he always referred to Ludo as 'Uckers', I mean to say, its neither one thing or the other, when you think about it. :D

The lads call her Ludo because she has been round the board a few times, and gets confused when the pilots give her tiddley winks. ;)
Rob.

Algynon
06-30-2010, 10:43
I was told all the right notes were being played on the joanna, but not necessarily in the right order!!! I also thought a small wager while playing ludo might be topping fun. 1 Franc for pipping, with a 12 Franc pot.

Volant Gun
06-30-2010, 10:56
Hey Guys,

For us German pilots who wear hawaiian shirts, cargo pants, beach walkers and smell like sun tan lotion have no idea what you blokes are talking about. For those of us who do not wish to be excluded please explain the meaning or significance of your jargon.

Kowabunga Dudes!
Frank.

Flying Officer Kyte
06-30-2010, 12:27
Hey Guys,

For us German pilots who wear hawaiian shirts, cargo pants, beach walkers and smell like sun tan lotion have no idea what you blokes are talking about. For those of us who do not wish to be excluded please explain the meaning or significance of your jargon.

Kowabunga Dudes!
Frank.

Sorry Frank. Basically Ludo is a game played with counters going round a board. Tiddley winks is a game with counters that you flick into a pot. that is called winking. Joanna is a piano, also a girls name. I pretended not to understand the remark about Ludo and made out she was a girl similarly Joanna. This led to some double entendre and smutty inuendo. hence the.........
Oh what the heck. Let me tell you about the rules of cricket, it's easier.:eek:
Rob.

Volant Gun
06-30-2010, 14:05
Thanks mate.

It's all clear now. :)

Well I'm off again to the Los Angeles (LA) area to watch a baseball game. Tomorrow I'll be flying in a Globe Swift and then out and about for the holiday weekend (4th of July). Until next time . . .

Have Fun,
Volant Gun.

Flying Officer Kyte
06-30-2010, 14:41
Thanks mate.

It's all clear now. :)

Well I'm off again to the Los Angeles (LA) area to watch a baseball game. Tomorrow I'll be flying in a Globe Swift and then out and about for the holiday weekend (4th of July). Until next time . . .

Have Fun,
Volant Gun.

Have a good Independence Day Volant.:)
Rob.

Guntruck
07-01-2010, 01:07
Oh what the heck. Let me tell you about the rules of cricket, it's easier.:eek:
Rob.

Don't forget to explain the offside rule ;)

Flying Officer Kyte
07-01-2010, 03:05
Don't forget to explain the offside rule ;)

Joanna told me you had tried that one on her:eek:ut I didn't believe that of an officer and a gentleman.:D
Rob.

bumblie3
07-01-2010, 03:10
For those in the dark, I believe the offside rule is when both hands are tickling the same end of Joanna, (preferably, also in the dark)!

John.

Guntruck
07-01-2010, 05:07
Joanna told me you had tried that one on her:eek:ut I didn't believe that of an officer and a gentleman.:D
Rob.

Well, one out of two ain't bad :D

Papavader
07-01-2010, 05:18
Congrats for your Promotion!!!
Two Jägermeister for me please!:D

MfG

Andreas

richard m schwab
07-01-2010, 06:37
We all must do our part to further international relations!;)

Rich

Flying Officer Kyte
07-01-2010, 09:15
For those in the dark, I believe the offside rule is when both hands are tickling the same end of Joanna, (preferably, also in the dark)!

John.

With no one between you and your goal.
Rob.

bumblie3
07-01-2010, 10:47
Thank you for your timely correction Rob, without that, my explanation might have confused non-Brits (furiner-johnnies).

John.

Flying Officer Kyte
07-01-2010, 14:52
Thank you for your timely correction Rob, without that, my explanation might have confused non-Brits (furiner-johnnies).

John.

Fur in her What?
Rob.

bumblie3
07-01-2010, 14:59
Really Flying Officer Kite!! Not what - who!,
Tch!

John. <- (Me, blushing coyly)

richard m schwab
07-01-2010, 15:07
Rob!
Congrats on # 600 also. How much farther can we embarrass ourselves!:eek: I can think of nothing Furrther than the truth!;)

Rich

richard m schwab
07-01-2010, 18:12
John and Rob!

Wingmen of mine! I had guessed the meaning despite the language barrier!;)

Rich

Flying Officer Kyte
07-02-2010, 00:07
John and Rob!

Wingmen of mine! I had guessed the meaning despite the language barrier!;)

Rich

Thanks Rich.
I guessed that your innate intellect would tell you that there was a sub plot going on under the surface. I think the thread is getting a bit out of hand now. :o
In addition to the 600, I seem to have picked up another gong, so it's to the bar for me and my trusty wingmen.:)
Rob.

Guntruck
07-02-2010, 00:55
With all those gongs you are going to look like the dictator of a minor African country, instead of an intrepid British aviator.

How much height and speed do you lose when you wear your medals in the air? :D

NeilCFord
07-02-2010, 01:14
With that much metal on his chest it's any wonder he gets of the ground at all! :)

- Neil.

Flying Officer Kyte
07-02-2010, 01:29
With all those gongs you are going to look like the dictator of a minor African country, instead of an intrepid British aviator.

How much height and speed do you lose when you wear your medals in the air? :D

When my dad was in the Fleet Air Arm, he met an old comrade who was billeted with Lawrence of Arabia, who was going under the name of aircraftsman Shaw at the time. He kept all his medals , foreign awards, ceremonial swords, sashes et al in a chest under his bunk. One day a visiting big-wig came to the drome. Co. gives out order, all 1st war medals to be worn. On parade flight Sgt. sees Lawrence has no gongs up. Says, "I know you was in the last show Shaw, go and get your medals." Lawrence replies." But I'll look a complete fool Sgt." Get them he had to.
Lawrence was right, not only was he the most decorated man on parade, but he looked like a Christmas tree.
I have no wish to emulate Lawrence, so will limit my posts from now on to the mundane. The other way out, is for some of the newbies to do a bit more posting.
Rob.:o

richard m schwab
07-02-2010, 03:54
Rob!

Trimming your plane to the right must be a real problem!:eek: You no doubt sound like the bells in a department store as you walk.;)

Rich

Flying Officer Kyte
07-02-2010, 04:31
Rob!

Trimming your plane to the right must be a real problem!:eek: You no doubt sound like the bells in a department store as you walk.;)

Rich

Yer Rich, very funny. It's bad enough getting ribbed by my English wingmen, without you starting. For your information I carry all my drums of spare ammo on the right to help with the trim.:p
Rob.

NeilCFord
07-02-2010, 04:49
The other way out, is for some of the newbies to do a bit more posting.
Rob.:o

I'm trying okay! I should hit 150 sorties in just about a month on the site I think ;)

- Neil.

NeilCFord
07-02-2010, 04:50
Yer Rich, very funny. It's bad enough getting ribbed by my English wingmen, without you starting. For your information I carry all my drums of spare ammo on the right to help with the trim.:p
Rob.

But Rob, you know we only do it because we love you, right? ;)

- Neil.

Oberst Hajj
07-02-2010, 05:18
You guys have it all wrong, Rob does were all his medals into battle, he has devised the worlds first bullet proof vest!

richard m schwab
07-02-2010, 05:49
Rob!

I see Guntruck has finally pissed off the Col. Hajj! He has a new high position!:D

Rich

Oberst Hajj
07-02-2010, 06:11
Well, his position might not be high, but his pile of potatoes to peel sure is! :D

richard m schwab
07-02-2010, 06:47
Kieth!

He is at the peak of his profession!;)

Rich

bumblie3
07-02-2010, 07:28
Anyway Rob, if you run out of ammo, fly really close to a balloon and you can use the pins from your gongs to down it.:D
Cheers,

John.

flash
07-02-2010, 10:27
He'd have to ditch his gongs to be able to get above a balloon !

Flying Officer Kyte
07-02-2010, 11:44
There is so much hot air going on here, that even with all my medals, I'd never be able to down all the balloons that you guys could inflate.:D
I'm coming to help you with all those spuds Guntruck, and bringing a bottle of Glenmorangie with me so that we can drink a toast to Rich in his new role. I'm saving the Jack Daniels for you Rich, as I know you will need it after running things for a week, after all look at the poor col. In need of a spot of home leave in no mistake.
Rob.

richard m schwab
07-02-2010, 11:57
Rob!
Why thank you. I will do best. I have heard oh grounded but, GunTruck has been spudded!:)

Rich