PDA

View Full Version : WGS: WWII Deluxe Set to be released in the US

Oberst Hajj
08-12-2009, 00:18
Roberto Di Meglio of Nexus games just confirmed that the WWII Deluxe Set will be available to the English speaking world and on sell in the US via Fantasy Flight games! It is expected to hit stores in late Sept / Oct.

Wildcard
08-13-2009, 10:26
Im really hoping we can get new paint schemes for the Wildcats instead of the Spitfires :D

Oberst Hajj
08-13-2009, 17:57
The Deluxe Set contains the basic rules, altitude rules, additional scenario rules, several extra scenarios, A B C & D damage tokens, a full set of player aids (4 game boards, many counters and 2 rulers) and the following 4 planes (including card, maneuver deck, and stand for each).

Plane|Pilot|Country
Supermarine Spitfire Mk.I|Pilot Officer Alan Wright|Royal Air Force - UK
Grumman FM-1 Wildcat |Lieutenant (junior grade) Earl H. Steiger|United States Marine Corps - USA
Messerschmitt Bf 109 E-3|Feldwebel Erhardt Pankratz|Luftwaffe - Germany
Mitsubishi A6M2 Reisen|Kokutaicho Iyozo Fujita|Dai-Nippon Teikoku Kaigun Koku Hombu - Japan

So, you will get one repaint of the Wildcat.

Oberst Hajj
08-13-2009, 18:56
Color scheme for the 109 in the Deluxe set

Wildcard
08-13-2009, 20:27
Sweetness....that just sold the box for me lol

kaufschtick
08-22-2009, 16:47
I've got a buddy who just took the plunge into the wonderful world of Wings of War. He started out by grabbing the entire WWII first set, and he's been drooling over the new paint schemes that are supposed to come with the deluxe set. I think the new skins are the only reason he'll be buying it!:D

What's the price tag on that supposed to be?

Oberst Hajj
08-22-2009, 18:18
If it is priced like the WWI set, should come in around $60 or so... a good price for 4 planes and all the rules and counts.

WilliamBarkerVC
08-24-2009, 14:37
I will be waiting for the deluxe set, as though I have the Dawn of War box, I don't really know if I want to play the WW2 too much. Although, I will be at a shop on Thursday that has all the planes, which may force me to own them. All of them. :)

Oberst Hajj
08-24-2009, 14:51
Lol, I've been waiting for the Deluxe set to come out, I'm sure I'll still end up buying the DoW set, as I need all the extra stuff to run my campaigns. The nice thing about the WWII Deluxe set is that the planes in it will have different paint jobs then the single planes. The WWI had the same planes in it.

Angiolillo
09-18-2009, 22:46
Please notice the bomb under the Bf.109. The ones in the airplane packs are pure fighters without it, while this one was used for bombing attacks on England during the Battle of Britain with a 250 kg bomb, and it will give occasion for some different scenario.
(500 kg bombs were also used with the 109, but only for short range missions).

Gravitypool
09-19-2009, 03:04
I was wondering: we will we be getting a green Zero on the deluxe set?

Wildcard
09-19-2009, 20:42
I need more American planes!:p

Angiolillo
09-20-2009, 01:07
I was wondering: we will we be getting a green Zero on the deluxe set?

Yes, it is still an A6M2, but with a color scheme from later in the war. It will help players to tell which plane belongs to who better than another gray one...

Baron
09-20-2009, 14:32
I just hope Miniature Market will have this deluxe set, cause I really need it now :)

aarondpjames
09-23-2009, 01:27
I know this is going to sound like a bit of a Rookie question, but is the Delux set going to have different couloured paint schemes to that that has already been released?

bsmith13
09-25-2009, 05:44
Any of you guys paint minis? I've been toying with the idea of buying a few extra Spitfires, and attempting to change the squadron and plane letters so that I can have a flight of four that don't look identical.

Of course, the Zero and the Wildcat would lend themselves to a custom paint job even more...

aarondpjames
09-26-2009, 09:04
Any of you guys paint minis? I've been toying with the idea of buying a few extra Spitfires, and attempting to change the squadron and plane letters so that I can have a flight of four that don't look identical.

Thats pretty much what I did prior to the DOW minis comming out. I've got a whole load of 1:144 scale WW2 minis painted up and flying on the WOW flying bases

Angiolillo
09-26-2009, 10:55
I know this is going to sound like a bit of a Rookie question, but is the Delux set going to have different couloured paint schemes to that that has already been released?

Appropriate question, since the WW1 Deluxe had color schemes that were included also in Series 1 Airplane packs.

WW2 Deluxe will have different schemes instead. These four:

Supermarine Spitfire Mk.I
Pilot Officer Alan Wright
Royal Air Force - UK

Grumman FM-1 Wildcat
Lieutenant (junior grade) Earl H. Steiger
United States Marine Corps - USA

Messerschmitt Bf 109 E-3
Feldwebel Erhardt Pankratz
Luftwaffe - Germany

Mitsubishi A6M2 Reisen
Kokutaicho Iyozo Fujita
Dai-Nippon Teikoku Kaigun Koku Hombu - Japan

While the following ones are the 12 included in Series 1 Airplane packs for WW2:

WW17a
Supermarine Spitfire Mk.I
Squadron Leader Eric Clive Le Mesurier
1416 Flight Royal Air Force
Great Britain

WW17b
Supermarine Spitfire Mk.II
Flight Lieutenant Adolphe Vybral
312 Squadron Royal Air Force
Great Britain

WW17c
Supermarine Spitfire Mk.II
Flying Officer Jan Falkowski
315 Squadron Royal Air Force
Great Britain

WW17d
Messerschmitt Bf 109 E-3
Leutnant Werner Mölders
JG53 Luftwaffe
Germany

WW17e
Messerschmitt Bf 109 E-3
Hauptmann Wilhelm Balthasar
JG27 Luftwaffe
Germany

WW17f
Messerschmitt BF109 E-4
Oberst Adolf Galland
JG26 Luftwaffe
Germany

WW17g
Grummann F4F-3 Wildcat
Major Robert Edward Galer
VMF-224 United States Marine Corps
USA

WW17h
Grummann F4F-3 Martlet III
Lieutenant-Commander Alan F. Black
No. 805 Naval Air Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Great Britain

WW17i
Grummann F4F-4 Wildcat
Pilot Hamilton McWorther
VF-29 US Navy
USA

WW17j
Mitsubishi A6M2
Reisen Chūsa Tadashi Kaneko
6° Kokutai Dai-Nippon Teikoku Kaigun Koku Hombu
Japan

WW17k
Mitsubishi A6M2
Reisen Heiso Saburo Sakai
Tainan Kokutai Dai-Nippon Teikoku Kaigun Koku Hombu
Japan

WW17l
Mitsubishi A6M2
Reisen Daisa Saburo Shindo
1° Koku Kantai – 1° Koku Sentai Dai-Nippon Teikoku Kaigun Koku Hombu
Japan

aarondpjames
09-26-2009, 11:22
So we have the ability of getting 4 of each aircraft? Outstanding!!!

Naharaht
09-27-2009, 04:28
Having a fourth miniature of each type is a good idea since the tactics were to fly in 'Finger Four' formation.

PVT64
09-29-2009, 18:27
Always got to love new minis!!!!!:)

C Stewart
09-30-2009, 00:37
cool, will be able to fly my 109s in a four ship without doing repaints....assuming there is a UK release also??

aarondpjames
09-30-2009, 01:50
cool, will be able to fly my 109s in a four ship without doing repaints....assuming there is a UK release also??

Thats a good point. Does anyone know if the Delux set is going to grace the UK shores or will we have to try and order it in from the US?

I'd sooner not order have to sneak into the American market to get it as I'd be depriving someone from the 1000's of dedicated US players from owning there own Delux set.

Angiolillo
09-30-2009, 13:03
Everything released in USA should be available in UK too. UK receives goods from Italy, anyway: quicker and cheaper than in the first times when the game was produced/assembled in Italy, English copies went across the Ocean to USA and then back across the Ocean to UK.

aarondpjames
09-30-2009, 13:14
UK receives goods from Italy, anyway: quicker and cheaper than in the first times

Music to my ears!!!! :D

Angiolillo, your great! If you dont become a millionire from WOW/DOW with the amount of effort you put in, then there is no justice in this world!! ;)

I'll certanly do my part to make you rich.........just dont tell my wife!!! :eek:

Angiolillo
09-30-2009, 14:35
The EU is to blame. It's the Euro currency. If it was not introduced, I would have been millionaire thanks to WoW!

(We had Lira instead, and 1 Euro = 1936,27 Liras... a bit more than 500 euros in liras would have been enough to be a millionaire...)

C Stewart
10-02-2009, 04:46
Everything released in USA should be available in UK too. UK receives goods from Italy, anyway: quicker and cheaper than in the first times when the game was produced/assembled in Italy, English copies went across the Ocean to USA and then back across the Ocean to UK.

Thanks Andrea, we will be keeping our eyes peeled for this one.. playing DoW with minis for the first time this weekend ..(though we've been playing without for ages)

Baron
10-02-2009, 08:57
The EU is to blame. It's the Euro currency. If it was not introduced, I would have been millionaire thanks to WoW!

(We had Lira instead, and 1 Euro = 1936,27 Liras... a bit more than 500 euros in liras would have been enough to be a millionaire...)

well, it's better you have Euro... that's a stronger currency and well backed up by lots of powerful countries.

Anyway, you say in UK we could find the game cheaper than in the US?
What about Italy? Can you recommend me an official vendor? Until now I was buying my/your stuff from the US, but I live in UE... so...

AlgyLacey
10-02-2009, 12:47

Convert it to Zimbabwe dollars - at one point they were printing $100,000,000,000 (One hundred billion dollar) notes.

You could by three eggs for this, hens eggs.

Cheaper to wipe your butt on the money than buy loo roll.

Go on Mr Mugabe - tell us again it's all the fault of the evil colonialists.

Jmac
10-02-2009, 18:20
than buy loo roll.

Is that the common term for toilet paper over there or is it slang?

I'm just curious about these little differences. Always have been ever since my drunk friend almost got in a fight in a Lenigrad hotel when an English girl asked for a cigarette. She walked up and said, "Fag?" He thought she was making reference to the fact he had practically carried (dragged?:o) me into our hotel room.

Lord, that was in 1987 ... 22 years ago. I am getting old.

I do believe this completes the thread highjack :)

Angiolillo
10-02-2009, 23:22
Anyway, you say in UK we could find the game cheaper than in the US?

No sorry, I meant cheaper than it was before, when copies produced in Italy reached UK through USA.

There are several national distributors (France, Spain, Germany, Italy, Greece, Finland, Japan...) and each distributes locally an edition in its own language. Check the country you are in. Only thing: the rulebook will be in the language of the country, if there is a local distributor.

Gravitypool
10-20-2009, 11:13
Cockpit and dogfight posted the cover of the boxed set for those of you who love spoilers-
http://cockpit-traditions.blogspot.com/

Angiolillo
10-21-2009, 05:43
Yesterday I chatted by phone with Roberto Di Meglio, the boss of NG International. He was preparing the booth for the Essen fair in Germany. He had little hills of WW2 Deluxe sets all around him, for the joy of the people visiting the fair.
Mad Man's Magic will have it and will demo it at their booth. Be careful - I guess that NG has English copies and MMM German ones.

spidey10
10-21-2009, 06:12
I just hope Miniature Market will have this deluxe set, cause I really need it now :)

I second this statement! :)

artbraune
10-22-2009, 09:04
Does anyone have an idea as to when the PDF copy of the rules for this will be posted now that the product was released at Essen?

Thanks much!
Art

Yesterday I chatted by phone with Roberto Di Meglio, the boss of NG International. He was preparing the booth for the Essen fair in Germany. He had little hills of WW2 Deluxe sets all around him, for the joy of the people visiting the fair.
Mad Man's Magic will have it and will demo it at their booth. Be careful - I guess that NG has English copies and MMM German ones.

Baron
10-22-2009, 09:59
I cant find anywhere this Deluxe set...

Oberst Hajj
10-22-2009, 10:18
I'm not sure how long it will take Nexus of FFG to post the PDF Rules. I would not expect much difference then the already posted Dawn of War PDF as far as rules are concerned.

artbraune
10-22-2009, 10:59
I am guessing prettier pictures for examples based on what I have seen on BGG...

I'm not sure how long it will take Nexus of FFG to post the PDF Rules. I would not expect much difference then the already posted Dawn of War PDF as far as rules are concerned.

Angiolillo
10-22-2009, 13:47
The Deluxe also includes some rules for the two-seaters (as seen in Fire from the sky), since minis for them are being released soon.

Here a game session - or something like that - at Essen on official playing mats:

http://images.boardgamegeek.com/images/pic587492_md.jpg

(a ballon from Balloon Busters is used as a scenario decoration).

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/587492

bsmith13
10-22-2009, 20:39
As excited as I am for the Deluxe set and rules, that balloon looks pretty sweet!

Oberst Hajj
10-22-2009, 21:32
Yes it does! Andrea, is that the production base it is setting on?

CountZero
10-24-2009, 07:01
The deluxe set is on preorder phase here in Spain... hope it'll be available soon...

Baron
10-24-2009, 11:41
Let us know when it becomes available.

CountZero
10-24-2009, 16:11
Let us know when it becomes available.

Don't care about it, i'll do. I'll be my birthday gift so i'm waiting for it to appear...

Best regards

Baron
10-25-2009, 03:35
Happy Birthday then to you... when that comes :D

CountZero
10-25-2009, 05:02
In fact, my birthday has already gone (October 3th) but I'm still waiting for my gift... Thanks anyway ;)

ego
10-25-2009, 05:47
It was sold already at Essen "Spiel", so it should be available soon.

Dorb
11-12-2009, 16:32
Just got my set today. Will try to post pics.:)

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s108/Mike_70/DSCF0553.jpg

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s108/Mike_70/DSCF0555.jpg

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s108/Mike_70/DSCF0569.jpg

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s108/Mike_70/DSCF0570.jpg

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s108/Mike_70/DSCF0559.jpg

Jmac
11-12-2009, 17:09
Coolstuffinc has it in stock at their website.

bsmith13
11-12-2009, 20:10
I saw this at my brick&mortar yesterday. As much as I believe in "dealing locally", it was just too expensive. Gonna have to get it from the internet ...

Oberst Hajj
11-12-2009, 22:47
I got mine in last Friday. I've got pics and will post a review of it here soon.

Bigman
11-13-2009, 02:28
Just got my set today. Will try to post pics.:)

The whole sell of this game was. "Its not expensive I wont be buying the miniatures anyway." You had to post pictures didn't you!:rolleyes:

Seriously though they are really cool. question is do I buy all the boxed sets first or start on the minis straight away

The Blue Baron
11-13-2009, 02:48
When you want to play with the mini you do not need the other boxes...

Baron
11-13-2009, 02:51
very cool pics Dorb, thanks for the preview!

Bigman
11-13-2009, 03:15
When you want to play with the mini you do not need the other boxes...

I don't want to hi jack the thread but what about additional rules Ack ack etc?

Also do the minis include Stukas and other dive bombers?

Oberst Hajj
11-13-2009, 04:06
Nexus is pretty good about getting the rules out there as PDFs for down loads, so I would not worry about that too much.

As The Blue Baron said, if you are going to be playing with the minis, just get the Deluxe set to start with. It will have every thing you need to play, unless you ned to play larger, 8 persons or more, games. Then you would need to get one of the other box sets for the counters and such. The photos Dorb posted are a little misleading. There are only 4 minis in the Deluxe set. One each of the Bf 109, Zero, Spitfire, and Wildcat.

Stukas and the Val dive bomber minis are coming out in Jan 2010. The rules for dive bombing are in the Deluxe set as well as in Fire From the Sky. The latter comes with aircraft cards for those planes as well.

Baron
11-13-2009, 05:35
I have ordered my deluxe set from Miniature Market. I think they still have one more for sale, better hurry you guys :)

Dorb
11-13-2009, 16:18
I purchased from Ebay...$45.83 + 7.00 shipping.(ps- I had some ebay bucks to spend, which helped)

Hajj is correct, I already had the WWII set, just wanted to show how the new paint schemes looked with set one. The deluxe set is perfect for anyone wanting to jump into the WWII setting. However I prefer the WWI setting (my name is Mike and I have an addiction) but will support the WWII setting to expand my(and fellow friends) gaming horizon.

Jureweah
11-14-2009, 05:46
I purchased from online store in Spain (39.99€) and I hope It will be here next monday.

Nice pics Dorb.

Roger Wilco
11-15-2009, 03:31
Thanks for showing the pictures of the contents.
Does the deluxe set also include the aircraft cards and manouver decks from "Fire from the Sky" or does it only come with components to play with the four miniatures featured?

Oberst Hajj
11-15-2009, 05:39
It has the dive bombing rules, but only the components to play the 4 planes that come in the box.

Oberst Hajj
11-15-2009, 11:11
I just posted my review of the Deluxe Set (http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/showthread.php?t=516) in the WWII section.

afilter
11-17-2009, 07:41
I saw these for the first time at my LGS..look great...$70 price tag is a bit steep even with my 10% discount considering I can get single planes for under $10 from my online vendor I order other stuff from.

It is on my X-mas wish list, but may need to do some shopping around if Santa does not bring it.;)

Greywolf
11-17-2009, 12:14
I'm in the same boat if I buy from a brick n mortar shop its going to be closer to $130NZD or I get it from an online store and its going to be around $94.00NZD.

So I guess it comes down to who gets one first. I missed out on the WWI deluxe box set so I am not going to do it with the DoW one.

Cheers
GW

Baron
12-03-2009, 12:17
A few days ago I have received my deluxe set... One question though: my green Zero is missing its bomb... is that normal? Is this Zero without a bomb under?

Oberst Hajj
12-03-2009, 21:57
The Zero has no bomb, it's the 109 that comes with it and the Wildcat comes with the drop tank.

afilter
12-27-2009, 13:32
Recieved this for X-mas. Love the set. I wish you could just buy boxes similar to this. Great carrying case for 4 planes, decks stands and all the tokens you need to play.

Oberst Hajj
12-27-2009, 15:41
afilter, are you just wanting an empty deluxe box? I could help you out there I think ;)

Roger Wilco
12-27-2009, 22:20
My son gave me the Deluxe set for Xmas along with an additional Spit (Falkowski) and a Bf109 (Galland) which was a nice surprise. The sets very nice and I also like the rules additions like air to ground rockets plus a couple of other minor rule variations or tweaks or ideas. I'm still commited to play WW2 using 1/144 scale but atleast now I can also play against other folk that play using 1/200. These models are my first 1/200 minis and I must agree they are quite good and the size is probably just right, strange though is the absence of a droptank on the Zero, it certainly would have looked better with one.

afilter
12-28-2009, 08:34
afilter, are you just wanting an empty deluxe box? I could help you out there I think ;)

Col.,

I appreciate the offer. On closer examination you cannot put random planes in each slot.

If someone was smart they would come up with and sell a tray similar to the deluxe set insert that could fit any of the planes along with decks and stands for transport.

Oberst Hajj
12-28-2009, 09:02
Lots of good options in this thread (http://wingsofwar.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15&highlight=transport).

DAKorps
01-05-2010, 08:34
Having a fourth miniature of each type is a good idea since the tactics were to fly in 'Finger Four' formation.

Well if you are German t is but the Brits kept the Vic of three Leader and two wing men so you need six a side if you want to do France and Battle of Britain.

Try keeping your Vic's together against German Pairs,

But then against ME110s the lack of Maneuverability played against them but not in Wings of War as the Ace piloted Heavy Fighter has no rules,

Naharaht
01-26-2010, 10:51
Why hasn't the Wings of War WW2 Deluxe set reached the U.K. yet?

Greywolf
01-26-2010, 11:15

It hasn't reached NZ either and most likely it won't.

which sucks.

Cheers
GW

afilter
01-26-2010, 13:38

Damn U-boats! ;)

Carl_Brisgamer
01-27-2010, 01:16

which sucks.

Cheers
GW

Alan,

Try MILSIMS, I bought my WW2 Deluxe set from them just after Christmas, cost A$90 + A$11 postage, arrived two working days later.

http://milsims.shopau.info/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=11941&osCsid=gng61upsnse790corkflbl9jn5

Cheers,

Carl.

Roger Wilco
01-27-2010, 15:34

which sucks.

Cheers
GW

I got mine (or at least my son did) off Ebay from one of my regular US suppliers, $54.56US plus $24.50US for postage and had it in under 5 working days delivered to Australia just before Xmas, sorry but its much easier than waiting for a shop to get it in. I see Milsims in Australia has it on special right now and its still much more expensive than buying direct.