PDA

View Full Version : Magister Militum Miniatures

Lt. S.Kafloc
07-29-2013, 05:36
Well today is my birthday, expecting the order from above to arrive. Postman drops off loads of cards (I wish) and letters (bills), but no package.

"Hello Mr Bayly calling about my order placed on the 19th".

After a long wait.....and a bit more.

"Ah yes we've got that but Richard is away in Scotland for a show this weekend and won't be back until the 12th of August or thereabouts".

"Well have you got my order ready for dispatch or not" I say, just about realising where this is leading.

"Ah, no. Richard has all the stock and its not a model we cast ourselves so I'm sorry".

"Um, you take my order and my money and I have to wait until the 12th to possibly receive my order by when...the 19th or later?".

"Well, er yes, you see Richard is away at two shows and then on holiday, to be frank I don't even know if we have any in stock as Richard has all the stock with him for the shows. If he doesn't we have o wait until an order is placed with the suppliers in America".

I'll cut this short. I order two things on line this year and I don't receive any, well I did the first but that was after another heated discussion about customer relations, economic climate etc. So where does that leave me. F'n nowhere. No models, don't know if I'll get them could they be bothered to ring Richard and find out and get him to send the order, (Don't know was the answer to that one). £19 out of pocket, can't even be reimbursed until Richard comes back, remember around the 12th, so back to the drawing board for the pm game design for Border Reiver 2013. To make matters worse its a birthday present (today hurrah). I need them before 15th of August as that's my op date and after that I can't do a bloody thing like painting.

So here's one disgruntled customer who wishes other companies could be like Keith (Drome) and Skytrex (missing struts for AEG GIV next day express delivery no charge).

Neil:surrender:

7eat51
07-29-2013, 06:48
Neil, I hope your day turns out to be a happy one despite the poor treatment you received. Happy Birthday!!! :pint:

Lt. S.Kafloc
07-29-2013, 07:28
Yep, got out the old BoB 1/144th scale planes and I'm having a nice solo match. Although I'm down a 109 already but the Spit and Hurri have taken a battering.

Neil, I hope your day turns out to be a happy one despite the poor treatment you received. Happy Birthday!!! :pint:

OldGuy59
07-29-2013, 08:23
Happy Birthday, anyway, Neil!

If you are playing at the moment, could I join in? I had the table set up for Friday night, and it is pretty much still sitting there!

Mike :)

OldGuy59
07-29-2013, 08:26
Doh! *Face-palm

The Cake! This may not pass muster with the Better Half, but I hope it helps:

Mike :)

Lt. S.Kafloc
07-29-2013, 10:39
Apologies Mike MM blew whatever good feeling I had today out of the window. Went and picked the wife up from work instead, made her day anyway.

Flying Officer Kyte
08-01-2013, 01:38
Sorry to hear your woes Neil.
MM sound very much like Wayland games to me. I will post the full story of my dealings with them for your edification with all the E-mails when I have a few hours to spare.
At least by highlighting these problems with suppliers, we can maybe spare others the same disappointments.
Rob.

Rabbit 3
08-01-2013, 02:26
A show in Scotland?
Could it be Claymore by any chance?

Yup its Claymore, MM are on the list.
http://seswc.co.uk/2013/05/16/745/
Time to send the lads round to have a word with the elusive Richard?:boxing:

Zoe Brain
08-01-2013, 06:16
My sympathies.... meanwhile, I've been having a few problems myself.

Frankfurt, Germany 31/07/2013 4:16 The airline off-loaded packages
Botany, Australia 30/07/2013 21:24 Package data processed by brokerage Waiting for clearance / Released by Clearing Agency. Now in-transit
30/07/2013 21:24 Registered with clearing agency Shipment release pending clearing agency review / Shipment submitted to clearing agency, awaiting final release
30/07/2013 21:24 Registered with clearing agency Shipment release pending clearing agency review / Released by Clearing Agency. Now in-transit
Frankfurt, Germany 30/07/2013 10:55 Departure Scan
Botany, Australia 30/07/2013 18:43 Package data processed by brokerage Waiting for clearance
Koeln, Germany 30/07/2013 4:15 Departure Scan
Koeln, Germany 29/07/2013 23:24 Arrival Scan
Roissy Charles de Gaulle, France 29/07/2013 22:18 Departure Scan
29/07/2013 5:53 Warehouse Scan
29/07/2013 3:29 An exception in the sorting process has occurred. UPS has taken corrective action.
29/07/2013 3:27 An exception in the sorting process has occurred. UPS has taken corrective action.
Roissy Charles de Gaulle, France 27/07/2013 5:32 Arrival Scan
Koeln, Germany 27/07/2013 4:22 Departure Scan
Koeln, Germany 26/07/2013 23:50 Arrival Scan
Eindhoven, Netherlands 26/07/2013 21:15 Departure Scan
26/07/2013 18:11 Origin Scan
Netherlands 26/07/2013 7:49 Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Last known location - Frankfurt. Looks like the UPS container arrived in Australia, with the package not in it, due to a foul-up at Charles De Gaulle.

Shipped on : 26-July-2013
Scheduled Delivery: 31-July-2013

Scheduled Delivery Updated To:
Monday, 05/08/2013, By End of Day

Last Location:
Frankfurt, Germany, Wednesday, 31/07/2013

UPS claims "Delivery within two business days from Europe"

Lt. S.Kafloc
08-10-2013, 15:37
I did ask if he had them at Claymore to post from Scotland. Just got an email saying my money had been refunded. I was more annoyed at being told that I would have to wait after the 12th August for a refund, or to be posted if they gad them in stock or for them to re-order from US as they don't caste them themselves. Ah well money well spend elsewhere, my 2 Sopwith Pups should arrive soon and my cutter for cutting round corners on self produced cards too.

A show in Scotland?
Could it be Claymore by any chance?

Yup its Claymore, MM are on the list.
http://seswc.co.uk/2013/05/16/745/
Time to send the lads round to have a word with the elusive Richard?:boxing:

Flying Officer Kyte
08-10-2013, 23:40
Makes you wonder if some of these people really want our trade Neil.:mad:
Rob.

Lt. S.Kafloc
08-11-2013, 02:20
I think the main thing that got me was the indifference to the guy I spoke to at their shop. Never got to speak to Richard, whom I take it is the main guy at MM. I gave them loads of options to fulfill the order but the only one they took up was a refund. £19 is not much in the great scheme of things but yes in this day and age when money is tight. I wished I'd kept the order to America now, it was a bit more and for different aircraft but I would probably have 4 American dive bombers and 4 American torpedo planes with decals for Border Reiver. Can't cry over spilt milk, if I have time I'll put in a sink the Yorktown scenario with dive bombers only. Otherwise everything's ready for BR 2013, just need the organiser to confirm that we have the table space.

Flying Officer Kyte
08-11-2013, 02:43
£19 might not be much Neil, but when you add up all the £19 we all spend it comes to a tidy sum in the end.
I would hate to think what I have spent over the last five years. Over 200 of the Oberst's stands alone, never mind accessories, planes mats etc. it soon adds up.
Rob.

Lt. S.Kafloc
08-11-2013, 04:03
I know what you mean, I've just ordered 2 Sopwith Pup models on ebay, forget the maker but you get 2 in the box. (Zvedzda?). Now I need bases, pegs and deck's. Can't wait for the reprint Alb DIII's.

David Manley
08-11-2013, 04:10
Remember the days when standard T's and C's for mail order were "please allow 28 days for delivery"? :)

Sticking up here for MM if I may, I have always had great service from them and they are essentially a very small family business, so don't be too hard on them for what is certainly a glitch.

Lt. S.Kafloc
08-11-2013, 06:03
That's not what I mind David. It was just the offhand response and you'll have to wait roughly 30 days to find out if a. We have any in stock, b. for us to re-order from the states (longer delay) or c. refund.

Zoe's decals arrived quicker than the response from MM including 3 confirmatory emails that it was correct (zoe's decals).
Skytrex sent replacement struts by express delivery (no charge) by the next lunch time delivery (less than 24 hours). I would be placing more orders for AIR200 1/200 planes for the pacific but I'll try from Brookhurst Hobbies, USA, or somewhere else that wants my custom.

Remember the days when standard T's and C's for mail order were "please allow 28 days for delivery"? :)

Sticking up here for MM if I may, I have always had great service from them and they are essentially a very small family business, so don't be too hard on them for what is certainly a glitch.