PDA

View Full Version : An Expensive round all round.

Flying Officer Kyte
06-20-2010, 13:01
I guess that the Promotion Board has deliberated enough. Does this mean that I am no longer Grounded Col,and how about my trusty wingman?
Drink long and hearty my friends.
Kyte.

Oberst Hajj
06-20-2010, 13:04
Congrats on the promotion, and the Board was split on this one! Consider your self no longer grounded... and your wingman too as soon as he sobers up!

Salute!

usmc1855
06-20-2010, 13:09
Congratulations!

I knew the scuttlebutt about your pending promotion would sound out to be true!

Have 'em dust off that bottle of Macallan or perhaps the Aberlour (Hey... you offered up and expensive round!).

Flying Officer Kyte
06-20-2010, 13:39
Congratulations!

I knew the scuttlebutt about your pending promotion would sound out to be true!

Have 'em dust off that bottle of Macallan or perhaps the Aberlour (Hey... you offered up and expensive round!).

Absolutely Brian. Nothing but the best for yourself and the good Col.
My thanks on the good wishes.:)
Rob.

NeilCFord
06-20-2010, 15:05
Congratulations Sir!

Myself and Guntruck will be in the corner staying drunk if that's okay.

- Neil.

Ducalutra
06-20-2010, 15:14
I must open another bottle of Chianti here...

http://www.italiaatavola.net/images/contenutiarticoli/chianti-classico-bottiglia-.jpg

gregbond77
06-20-2010, 15:26
Congrats. Drink long and hearty, now theres a good sugestion!! I'll follow you anywhere Sir, as long as it's to the pub.

richard m schwab
06-20-2010, 16:42
Rob!

The envelope please!! Yes another excellent choice by promotion board. We will be drinking to you as long as your credit is good. ;) Make mine a porter barman!:)

Rich

Flying Officer Kyte
06-21-2010, 00:57
Congratulations Sir!

Myself and Guntruck will be in the corner staying drunk if that's okay.

- Neil.

O.K.! It is no more than I would expect. I'll send another couple of bottles over.:)Rob.

Flying Officer Kyte
06-21-2010, 00:58
I must open another bottle of Chianti here...

http://www.italiaatavola.net/images/contenutiarticoli/chianti-classico-bottiglia-.jpg

Thank you my friend. A very fine vintage it looks too. :rolleyes:Put it on my mess bill.
Rob.

Flying Officer Kyte
06-21-2010, 01:03
Rob!

The envelope please!! Yes another excellent choice by promotion board. We will be drinking to you as long as your credit is good. ;) Make mine a porter barman!:)

Rich

Thanks Rich.
Whilst I am quite happy to supply my wingmen with all the booze that they can hold, I don't think you will need a porter to carry it over to you.Consequently I'm sending it over with that little French barmaid that you had your eye on the other night.;) Cheerio old bean.
Rob.

Guntruck
06-21-2010, 01:03
Oi! I'm not as thunk as you drink I am:p.

Congrats on the promotion Rob. As they say in the British Army: Your men will follow you anywhere - if only to see what you do next :D

Flying Officer Kyte
06-21-2010, 01:21
Oi! I'm not as thunk as you drink I am:p.

Congrats on the promotion Rob. As they say in the British Army: Your men will follow you anywhere - if only to see what you do next :D

I've had that said before, at reenactment events, but now I am the Powder Master no one seems to want to follow me anywhere.:D
Rob.

flash
06-21-2010, 02:09
Kongratulieren Herr Major,

or, as my alter ego Lord Flashheart would say -

Is that a canoe in your pocket or are you just pleased to be promoted ? Woof !!

Flying Officer Kyte
06-21-2010, 03:42
Kongratulieren Herr Major,

or, as my alter ego Lord Flashheart would say -

Is that a canoe in your pocket or are you just pleased to be promoted ? Woof !!

Ah, so you noticed my very pistol!;)
Rob.

richard m schwab
06-21-2010, 15:47
Rob!

Congratulations again!

The cost of this extravagance will make the U.S. National Debt seem small.:rolleyes: You are truly and an officer and a gentleman! :D I will take a bottle of Beaujolais and the little barmaid,;) since you offered!:) Half to keep the US End Up!:D

Rich

Flying Officer Kyte
06-22-2010, 00:04
Rob!

Congratulations again!

The cost of this extravagance will make the U.S. National Debt seem small.:rolleyes: You are truly and an officer and a gentleman! :D I will take a bottle of Beaujolais and the little barmaid,;) since you offered!:) Half to keep the US End Up!:D

Rich

No problems Rich. I'm sure that you will do the good old U.S.of A. proud. The little barmaid will ensure that you keep your end up O.K.;)
Rob.

Algynon
06-22-2010, 12:32
Congratulations. I notice that on announcement of your promotion shares in Haigh Whiskey went through the roof. I feel sure you will get a telegram from the C in C himself.

Flying Officer Kyte
06-22-2010, 12:45
[QUOTE=Algynon;18225]Congratulations. I notice that on announcement of your promotion shares in Haigh Whiskey went through the roof.

Quite right Algy, and Max hasn't even shown up yet!:eek:
Rob.

richard m schwab
06-22-2010, 17:15
Rob!

Ah you know how to take care of you wigmen!;) Have one on me if you can stand, where is MAX?:confused: He is not one to miss such an occasion!:D

Rich

Air Battle Mgr
06-22-2010, 19:54
Send me a barmaid as well; if we are celebrating under St. George's cross my wife and I will be separated...by about 5,000 miles:cool:

Timmy

Flying Officer Kyte
06-23-2010, 00:34
Rob!

Ah you know how to take care of you wigmen!;) Have one on me if you can stand, where is MAX?:confused: He is not one to miss such an occasion!:D

Rich
Now you see what I mean about the prang in my post on the WW2. thread Rich.:D
Rob.