PDA

View Full Version : Looking over the log books. . .

Mac
06-18-2010, 06:11
And realized, when I fly my Albatros DV I have more completed missions and kills than when I fly my Camel.
So last game night I flew only the Camel.
Got blowed up all three times! Well exploded once, Burned to a crash once and just went down once.
I wish they would begin producing more WWI planes again to see if my German Luck continues. . .

Oberst Hajj
06-18-2010, 06:24
I never thought about keeping a log book, that's a cool idea.

Flying Officer Kyte
06-18-2010, 09:19
I have also been keeping a log.Here is the log book from a W.W.1 pilot that I based mine on.

Rob.

Oberst Hajj
06-18-2010, 15:52
I think I am going to have to make a cool one of these with graphics and all and get it bound... what can I say, I like nice stuff for my games!

usmc1855
06-18-2010, 17:22
I have also been keeping a log.Here is the log book from a W.W.1 pilot that I based mine on.

Rob.

Nice.

Flying Officer Kyte
06-20-2010, 12:56
I think I am going to have to make a cool one of these with graphics and all and get it bound... what can I say, I like nice stuff for my games!

If you are going down that route I would be interested. It would not take me long to copy up into a nice bound log book. We could share the cost if it were reasonable.
Rob.

Anav
06-20-2010, 13:17
I like that alot. Have to start one with tonights mission.

Mac
06-21-2010, 04:27
As simple or fancy as you want. I usually use slips of paper, though most of my pilots do not seem to fly for very long.

Flying Officer Kyte
07-06-2010, 03:11
Hi Col.
Did you have any further thoughts on my suggestion, or shall I go it alone.
Rob.

Oberst Hajj
07-06-2010, 21:59
Sorry mate, it's been floating around in the back of my head, just been to busy to do much with it. As it stands now, I'm about 30 something threads behind on keeping track of what is happening on the site... just a bad time of year for me I guess.

My thoughts are to work up a good layout for the log pages that covers everything we need/want and to get one of the guys to make up a nice piece of artwork for the front cover. Then get it all printed up and bound, and add it to the Aerodrome Accessories product offerings.

Bruce
07-07-2010, 15:11
I'd buy it as a Christmas gift for my gaming "Boys".

Oberst Hajj
07-07-2010, 19:05
Good to hear Bruce. This project will be going forward, just thought some of you would like to know.

Goering Ace
07-13-2010, 06:41
My son and I have a kill book where we record all kills for our planes, but the log book sounds like a great idea!! Can't wait until it shows up in the accessories section!! We'll be ordering two when the time comes!

Rum Demon
07-13-2010, 10:38
Keeping detailed accounts of my pilots is one of the great joys of the game. Though I can get demoralized at the attrition rate. Solution: create a good dozen pilots for each side, fly two or more planes at once, and get their butts out of battle when the going gets tough.

Another rule of thumb: Never name a pilot after someone you know and like. In my experience that is a sure death sentence. Whereas the pilot named for my least favorite cat has become my top German ace.

Also, I usually keep a pilot flying the same type of plane through their career. It's superstition, I know, but my top Allied ace has been flying a Nieuport 17 since day 1 and has taken down his share of Fokkers despite his piloting a slow and fragile plane. I know the moment I put him in a Snipe he's dead meat.