PDA

View Full Version : minis questions

Willi Von Klugermann
06-17-2010, 12:39
Just received a number of miniatures in the mail and noticed some subtle differences in the 2 Rolands I purchased. The von Richthofen model (blue) has no forward facing gun but a forward arc on its base. The non descript one has a forward double arc and a B/B designation on its base.

Am I to assume that the B/B are the damage decks for the front and rear guns and the peripheral arcs are for bombs? This would imply that the blue Roland is not defective.

Flying Officer Kyte
06-17-2010, 12:55
I believe this has been mentioned elsewhere. There are differences in the armament of some of the Rolands. I think the forward arc is just an anomaly and nothing to do with the bombs.
Rob.

Willi Von Klugermann
06-17-2010, 13:20
I believe this has been mentioned elsewhere. There are differences in the armament of some of the Rolands. I think the forward arc is just an anomaly and nothing to do with the bombs.
Rob.

Surprising since they were both listed as CII's. Just checked the blowup on coolstuffinc and the von Richthofen version is without a forward gun. I think the rear gun goes 360 so the forward arc may represent the blind spot when the target plane is ast the same alt. or lower. As for the double arc on the other version I'm not sure. One probably is for the front gun (the inner) while the wider is for the blind spot.

David Kuijt
06-17-2010, 13:21
Just received a number of miniatures in the mail and noticed some subtle differences in the 2 Rolands I purchased. The von Richthofen model (blue) has no forward facing gun but a forward arc on its base. The non descript one has a forward double arc and a B/B designation on its base.

Am I to assume that the B/B are the damage decks for the front and rear guns and the peripheral arcs are for bombs? This would imply that the blue Roland is not defective.

Neither is defective.

Rolands had a very wide rear arc.

The von Richtofen plane has NO FRONT GUN. The arc you thought was a front gun arc is in fact the space not-shot by the rear gun arc.

The other Roland has a front and a rear gun. What you saw as the first front gun arc is the only front gun arc. What you was as the second front gun arc is the negative (so to speak) of the rear gun arc. So the only part of the arc where neither the front gun nor the rear gun can fire at an enemy is the slivers between the two arcs on the frontleft and frontright sides.

If you look carefully at the plane card, it becomes clear.

Willi Von Klugermann
06-17-2010, 19:08
Neither is defective.

Rolands had a very wide rear arc.

The von Richtofen plane has NO FRONT GUN. The arc you thought was a front gun arc is in fact the space not-shot by the rear gun arc.

The other Roland has a front and a rear gun. What you saw as the first front gun arc is the only front gun arc. What you was as the second front gun arc is the negative (so to speak) of the rear gun arc. So the only part of the arc where neither the front gun nor the rear gun can fire at an enemy is the slivers between the two arcs on the frontleft and frontright sides.

If you look carefully at the plane card, it becomes clear.

Yes, I understand now. thanks for the clarification.;)

flash
06-18-2010, 08:40
Chris - you may have got the arcs wrong but your facts are correct - the rear gun can fire 360 degrees at targets that are 1 altitude above it but not at targets on the same level - the pilot creates a blind spot to the front then. I have just had this confirmed by the Col & Andrea on another thread 'the worst miniature ever' where Andrea posted a cool pic too.

Oberst Hajj
06-18-2010, 16:08
LGKR was nice enough to make this diagram for us....

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=6&pictureid=4025