PDA

View Full Version : Book on Aust. Airmen in the Pacific War.

gully_raker
05-28-2013, 17:05
:salute: G'day All!
I have just tracked down & ordered a book by Mark Johnston called "Whispering Death--Australian Airman in the Pacific War" from the Book Depository in the UK. It sells for under $30 Aust with free delivery world wide. The synopsis reads well & there are many pics so any of you who wish to recreate Australian Aircraft in your Pacific gaming might find it of interest.
I will post a review after I have received it & read.

Dal Gavan
05-28-2013, 18:01
Barry, will you please stop costing me money?;)

Ordered and paid for. Just don't tell the missus.

Dal.

gully_raker
05-29-2013, 03:23
Barry, will you please stop costing me money?;)

Ordered and paid for. Just don't tell the missus.

Dal.

:cheezy: Needs must! Dal.
Found another one via Amazon. "Darwin Spitfires" Will check on the Book Depository as they are usually same price but with Free Delivery.;)

Carl_Brisgamer
05-29-2013, 06:24
Good evening lads, I've just posted three book reviews for Darwin Spits, Whispering Death and Storm over Kokoda, all excellent books.

Of the three Darwin Spits is probably my favourite.

csadn
05-29-2013, 14:31
Snarfed.

gully_raker
05-29-2013, 22:05
Good evening lads, I've just posted three book reviews for Darwin Spits, Whispering Death and Storm over Kokoda, all excellent books.

:thumbsup: Thanks Carl will check those reviews out.
Book depository does not have stock od Darwin Spits at present but will email me when available.:)

Carl_Brisgamer
05-29-2013, 23:51
I saw a copy for $29 at Big W the other day, $10 off retail.

Baldrick62
05-30-2013, 12:27

... to which I'd also add Peter Ewer's Wounded Eagle. http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/showthread.php?9207-WGS-Wounded-Eagle-The-Bombing-of-Darwin-and-Australia-s-Air-Defence-Scandal

gully_raker
05-31-2013, 22:27
I saw a copy for $29 at Big W the other day, $10 off retail.

Drat! Dont have a Big W down here within reach.

Not to mind Book Depository or Amazon will surfice.

Carl_Brisgamer
05-31-2013, 23:08
... to which I'd also add Peter Ewer's Wounded Eagle. http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/showthread.php?9207-WGS-Wounded-Eagle-The-Bombing-of-Darwin-and-Australia-s-Air-Defence-Scandal

I took the kids out for lunch today to a little cafe strip in Oxford Street Bulimba, taking the opportunity to browse a second hand bookshop.

I struck gold, finding a hard cover copy of Ewer's 'Wounded Eagle' for $10! I also picked up the weighty tome 'Australian and New Zealand Warships 1914-1945' by Ross Gillett for $15.

Some great plan views of warships for adaptation to WGS target cards.