PDA

View Full Version : getting into WoW

RobH
06-07-2010, 09:45
I've played DoW for 6 months or so but just recently picked up Burning Drachens, the only box game I could find locally and really enjoy it. So over the course of the weekend I've picked up some minis(2 two seaters and 2 single seaters) and ordered Watch Your Back, Famous Aces some boosters and 4 more fighters. Hopefully I can recruit my local group to fly and my 10 year old likes it(more than DoW). Really like the site here and hope to fly some regular sorties once all my stuff arrives, might try the PbeM game too, looks like fun.
See you in the skies,
Rob H

Won Wing Lo
06-07-2010, 10:53
Hey Rob,

I think you will really enjoy WoW. The WWI version is simpler IMHO because of the lack of 2 speeds. Also, the minis are more attractive (again IMHO).

RobH
06-07-2010, 12:05
I really like the WoW minis, that's what attracted me to it. Years ago I played a game called Richthofen's War by Avalon Hill, a board based game and still have it. I also played a flip book game called Ace of Aces which I also liked but I've always been drawn to mini's and this seems a very playable mini game.
Rob H

gregbond77
06-07-2010, 15:24
Welcome to the site, enjoy. I also have an old copy of Richtofen's war good game but I agree wings of war is better, plus the minis are great.