PDA

View Full Version : Kibanov Nieuport really B damage deck?

Air Battle Mgr
06-06-2010, 22:13
Played with the family tonight and my wife decided to play the Kibanov from series 3 minis. She pointed out to me that it was B damage deck and I didn't believe her.:o

Either I am really luck and have a valuable misprint or it really is a B damage. I am guessing if this is true [and it probably is because I am usually not lucky] it must be because of a single maching gun ot maybe just a Russian pilot and a Derringer.:rolleyes:

Air Battle Manager
Timmy

csadn
06-06-2010, 23:13
Either I am really luck and have a valuable misprint or it really is a B damage.

Russian Nieuports had only one gun -- I think it was the overwing Lewis.

Hence, B damage.

Air Battle Mgr
06-06-2010, 23:29
I love this game because it has a lot to teach and is fun

Flying Officer Kyte
06-07-2010, 01:47
I have the same trouble flying my Nieuport as Albert Ball. Of all the people who should have an advantage!, only one gun on the upper wing. Still it sharpens up your game no end.
Rob.

flash
06-07-2010, 07:38
Timmy you are right ....you are not lucky !! B deck is correct but looking at the model it is sans the Lewis gun over the top plane - that would suggest it was only armed with a Vickers - unless that is incorrect...or the Lewis was fitted where the Vickers should be ?
Bottom line is B deck only for Kibanov.

Kahlerclan
06-07-2010, 08:31
If you look in the sticky thread of the interview with Andrea (news and announcements - off duty) he addresses this directly. The Russian had a single offset mount vickers. There is even a photo of this setup on a french plane.

IRM
06-07-2010, 09:50
Most French-built Nieuport 17s only had the Vickers and most British-built versions only had the Lewis over the wing. I think the 27s and 28s were the only versions that left the factory with twin guns, although it wasn't uncommon for some pilots to fit a Lewis gun to French versions (which were also used by the RFC, apparently the British-built ones were a bit shoddy and relegated to second-line squadrons).

csadn
06-08-2010, 00:56
I've seen pics of a Russian N.11 with a wing-mount Lewis -- will have to find it, tho'.