PDA

View Full Version : Flight of the giants

Air Battle Mgr
06-03-2010, 23:47
I saw on a link through amazon that one of their associated distributors is offering "flight of the giants" for pre-order.

The description says that it is not a complete game.

Does anyone know what will come with this set?

Here is the exact product description:

Product Description
When they appeared in the sky, they changed the course of history! Giant airplanes, with a wingspan larger than that of a WW II Flying Fortress, were already flying during World War I and able to reach strategic targets, leaving their mark on the course of the fight. Now, you can board and fly these giants of the sky towards their target…

Flight of the Giants is the first expansion set for Wings of War, introducing into the game early bomber planes, with new rules to handle their extended crews and fighting capabilities. You can now maneuver a huge Zeppelin Staaken, a Friedrichshafen G.III, or a Handley Page O/400, avoiding the fire of enemy fighters and searching for your target. Flight of the Giants features 8 different bombers of the Allies and the Central Powers, such as the Felixstowe F.2A, Zeppelin Staaken R.VI, and Caproni Ca.4!

Flight of the Giants is not a complete game. A copy of at least Famous Aces, Watch your Back!, Burning Drachens, or WWI Deluxe is required to play.

Oberst Hajj
06-04-2010, 00:39
Have a look at this thread. (http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/showthread.php?t=75)

Air Battle Mgr
06-04-2010, 08:40
Wow, that was a great thread -- should be in the dictionary under "forum" as the the perfect definition.

So, to be sure, in the box set is the lised plane "cards" on the magnitude of burning drachens balloons? And then also obvioulsly a new set of rules to deal with the behemoths?

Also, any inside scoop on a firm release date?

Oberst Hajj
06-04-2010, 21:28
The latest word was some time in the next month. My LGS owner contacted me to let me know that he has placed his orders for them.