PDA

View Full Version : A quick after action report!

richard m schwab
06-01-2010, 17:53
After the traditional Memorial day feast yesterday. We did a four plane BOB game. The planes ere a Spitfire Mk1 and a Hurricane Mk1 verses a Me-109 E3 and a Me-110 i downloaded from the files section. The action started with a base touching fly by. The next turn saw the Hurricane finding out about the rear
gunner in the 110.:eek: After a a few twists and turns everybody got in a shot and was hits. The next turn saw the the Hurricane explode in mid air. It took about four turns to get another gun pass in which the 110 and the Spit exchanged damage. I in my 109 was going to get my shot at the Spit when it went down.
A quick victory for the Germans and a good start for the newly finished Me-110.:)

Rich

Oberst Hajj
06-01-2010, 21:23
What, no pics! lol Sounds like a good game!

csadn
06-01-2010, 23:18
A quick victory for the Germans and a good start for the newly finished Me-110.:)

Well, duh -- the Germans have Cannon, which means C damage chits; the Brits have those piddling 0.303s.

The SO and the Me played a 1-on-1 with a Spit vs. a 109. We went head-on to each other, and fired at close range. She inflicted exactly 1 hit on me. I drew: 8, 8, 1. One shot -- one kill. (I have been unable to convince her to play _DoW_ again. :P )

Really, the damage profiles for the Germans do not take into account the Cannons' limited ammo and horrific inaccuracy (they were like swatting flies with a shotgun -- quite devastating, but *only if one hit*).

richard m schwab
06-02-2010, 13:46
Kieth!
Sorry no pics of that one, the desert plates would drive everybody crazy!
It was fun, heck they are all fun if you survive!;)

Chris!
Eight .303`s will get their point across. The 109 and 110 were both hit. My 109 only took one damage chit that was an 8. The 110 took several hits at least six , but he pulled 0`s and 1`s. The Spit took a beating i found out later. It took 8 damage early on and then a engine hit later that took it up to 12. In the last hit it took it already had 16 damage, and that was a rudder jam with three more!
You will have to get a bomber for her to play!

I am getting a BOB game set up for our local convention in August. The Germans will find out what it means to be limited in ammo and fuel then!:eek:

Rich

csadn
06-02-2010, 23:38
You will have to get a bomber for her to play!

She doesn't much care for non-maneuverable acft. -- she's worked that much out. Sitting there getting hammered won't endear the game to her any more than it already is. :P

Perhaps a couple of games with No C-deck Damage would help.

richard m schwab
07-08-2010, 18:43
Chris!

You need to get Fire From The Sky and let her fly a KI-61 Tony. She will like that one! Agile and quite a kick!:)

Rich

Olt^Jones
07-09-2010, 01:05
Hi Richard it is my first report i red here in the forum.
nice one! keep going that way! :D

in your opinion how does 110 work in play? i never play it before...seems quite interesting...

richard m schwab
07-11-2010, 08:53
Lorenzo!

I am using a Me-110 from the files section and maneuver deck from there also. I have always been the target of them. If you get hit by one you could be in trouble. We were playing without altitude rules, those would enable any fighter to hit them and stay in the blind spots. That is the weakness of all two seaters. Two novice players have flown them and have had success!
The official planes come out later this. Until then i think these work well!

Rich

bleeder
07-11-2010, 18:57
Well, duh -- the Germans have Cannon, which means C damage chits; the Brits have those piddling 0.303s.

The SO and the Me played a 1-on-1 with a Spit vs. a 109. We went head-on to each other, and fired at close range. She inflicted exactly 1 hit on me. I drew: 8, 8, 1. One shot -- one kill. (I have been unable to convince her to play _DoW_ again. :P )

Really, the damage profiles for the Germans do not take into account the Cannons' limited ammo and horrific inaccuracy (they were like swatting flies with a shotgun -- quite devastating, but *only if one hit*).

I actually think B damage chits. If you average all the damage possible from B and C chits, the B chits average 2.81 points per chit and the C chits average 2.84 points per chit. The C chits do cause higher damage, however, 42% of the chits are zeros. B chits are only 20% zeroes. I'll a better chance of damage over a slight damage increase any day. That A damage for the 109's at close range make them more powerful. But if you can keep your Spitfire out of close range like the maneuverable aircraft it is, it is the superior gaming plane.

Best,
-Bri

bleeder
07-11-2010, 18:58
Think B damage chits are better than C, that is.