PDA

View Full Version : Osprey publishing, anyone a member?

Oberst Hajj
05-26-2010, 22:58
Just wondering if any of you guys are members of the Osprey Publishing Gold Membership? If so, do you think it is worth it? What size and quality are the plane profiles that you have access to online?

gregbond77
05-27-2010, 15:14
I have some of their books, but have never heard of their Gold Membership. How much does it cost?

Oberst Hajj
05-27-2010, 21:29
Osprey has a Gold and Silver membership (http://www.ospreypublishing.com/members/). I've got several of their books as well, but I'm more interested in the digital profile you have access to with the membership. I'm thinking about giving the Silver level a try since it is not that expensive.

Flying Officer Kyte
05-28-2010, 01:02
Please keep us informed. I knew nothing bout this.
Rob.

Guntruck
05-30-2010, 11:56
Given that I have over 370 Ospreys of all descriptions I think the only reason that I would subscribe would be for the profiles. I would be interested to learn if a subscription is worth it for these alone.

richard m schwab
06-02-2010, 13:59
Kieth!
I asked a friend of mine about that. He has nearly every Osprey book. He has a list of the one he does not have. He had never heard of it?

Rich

Oberst Hajj
06-02-2010, 17:01
I went a head and got the Silver membership to try it out. I don't think the discount on the books is worth it, you can find much better deals on Amazon for new books. The profiles are pretty nice. I don't have the specs in front of me, but they almost fill my 24 inch monitor at 1920x1280. The do not include any of the top or bottom views... which kind of kills it for me. 8(

Guntruck
06-03-2010, 01:22
Thanks for that Keith, looks as if it is not for me then. You are right, you can get very good deals on Ospreys on Amazon.

Flying Officer Kyte
06-03-2010, 01:57
Looks like Guntruck is outflying me today on all postings." The early Snipe catches the Albatros ",as they say. I would just like to thank you for the research that you have put in on our behalf. It is another piece of research that I won't have to undertake, thus leaving me more time for real sorties. See you in the bar.
Rob.

Guntruck
06-03-2010, 05:58
Looks like Guntruck is outflying me today on all postings

Slow day at work :D