PDA

View Full Version : Immelmann booster aircraft

mike_espo
04-13-2013, 17:22
Geting back into WoW/WGF. ;)

Playing a duel between a Fokker E.IV and a Morane Saulnier N. Full altitude rules, tailing and a number of options. The E.IV is getting mauled: on fire and now a burst at long range; resulting in a baulky engine...:pray:

Curious about the firepower ratings on the Immelmann booster aircraft: the firepower rating of the Morane N is a B, the Fokker EIV is a A and the Fokker E.III is a B. The Fokker E.III had a single synchronized Spandau, whereas the E.IV had two, or in some cases, three. The Morane N had one hotchkiss gun with a slide magazine with a unreliable synchronization sytem and 'garros wedges' to deflect stray bullets. Not very effective at all. :erk:

I thought the A damage deck was less severe than the B deck. Therefore, the Fokker E.IV should have the B deck, The E.III and the Morane should have the A deck....:confused:

maybe some clarification on the damage decks would help.

Having a ball so far ;)

phililphall
04-13-2013, 18:46
Hi Mike. The A deck is for a/c with twin guns and does more damage than the B deck, which is for single gun a/ c.

mike_espo
04-14-2013, 08:34
Ahhhh. Now makes sense. :)

The way I was drawing "0"s when firing on the Morane N, made me think it was weaker. ;)

7eat51
04-14-2013, 09:12
Ahhhh. Now makes sense. :)

The way I was drawing "0"s when firing on the Morane N, made me think it was weaker. ;)

The luck of the draw. I recently played a game in which I took three shots in one round, and drew a 5,5,6 combo. Went from 0 to 16 damage, and from 2 pegs of elevation to none.

Thanks for the discussion as I picked up the Immelmann deck yesterday.

Naharaht
04-14-2013, 19:22
I think you are confusing the First World War damage decks with the Second World War ones. The Second World War B rated planes do more damage than A rated ones.