PDA

View Full Version : New ACT based player

muzfish4
04-11-2013, 05:11
Hello all,

Just a brief 'hello' to introduce myself.

I have recently started to play WoG through 'trying my luck' with a Duel pack. Well, I liked it so much that I got the other pack and a few more models.

On the off-chance that anyone is interested, I wrote a review for BGG which can be found here:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/958674/wings-of-war-duel-pack-a-positive-review

One of the BGG-ers recommended that I join here and, well, here I am.

In just about every game I have played I have been flying for the Central Powers as friends and family all seem to prefer the Entente.

I see a lot of the WoG gaming in Our Bush Capital is done at CGS, I am a very lapsed member there as getting out in the evenings is difficult with two children under three. Maybe in years to come I'll be able to contemplate an evening out every now and then...

Anyway, enough from me.

Cheers,

MF4

TGalante
04-11-2013, 05:18
Welcome to the 'drome. This place is full of friendly and knowledgeable people. You'll love it here

Rat of Vengence
04-11-2013, 05:21
Gday, welcome Muz. You might be surprised, but there are several Canberrites on these forums, they are sure to say hello sooner than later :)

I know the feeling of kids reducing gaming time. It's a long wait until they can make up for it by being gaming opponents :(

:P

Dave

Carl_Brisgamer
04-11-2013, 05:46
Welcome from Brisbane Muz. You have picked a good time to 'spread your wings' so to speak. Wintercon in Canberra is just a couple of months away, and there will be a swag of players around to test your skills. Forum member Zoe Brain is organising a competition and participation game.

Cheers,

Carl.

Flying Officer Kyte
04-11-2013, 06:25
On behalf of the pilots based here in Dear old Blighty, welcome to the Drome Muz.
For home tied folks with commitments you could do worse than have a look at our solo gamers Campaign " Over the trenches".
It has a set of Solo Rules ideal for the chap who can't get out much.
Rob.

Zoe Brain
04-11-2013, 06:28
I see a lot of the WoG gaming in Our Bush Capital is done at CGS, I am a very lapsed member there as getting out in the evenings is difficult with two children under three. Maybe in years to come I'll be able to contemplate an evening out every now and then...

If Mohammed can't come to the mountain, the Mountain will have to come to Mohammed.
I'm in Downer.

Would it be convenient to arrange a game at your place? Weekends or evenings?

somaliavet
04-11-2013, 06:39
Howdy from Kansas, Muz. We're glad you found your way to the Drome, and look forward to hearing of your exploits!

Nightbomber
04-11-2013, 08:53
:):):) Hello Muz! Welcome to the site.
I must confess I have already met Muz in another dimension (I mean on BGG) where he had posted an excellent review of Duel Packs. Please check his exploits:

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/11965793#11965793

Willi Von Klugermann
04-11-2013, 12:37
Welcome Muz.

MoonSylver
04-11-2013, 14:17
Welcome Muz! Saw your review over at BGG & gave it 2 of these :thumbsup: Glad you decided to join us. :clap:

On behalf of the pilots based here in Dear old Blighty, welcome to the Drome Muz.
For home tied folks with commitments you could do worse than have a look at our solo gamers Campaign " Over the trenches".
It has a set of Solo Rules ideal for the chap who can't get out much.
Rob.

I'll second this whole heartedly. :)

gully_raker
04-11-2013, 16:30
:salute: G'day Muz & welcome to the 'drome from all the Pilots who fly in NSW. I see you have already been welcomed by Dave (Rat of Vengence).

You will certainly have a heap of Gamers in the ACT to meet & perhaps as Zoe said arrange some games at your place. Anyway enjoy your visits here & do not be afraid to ask for any advice or info.

The Scout
04-11-2013, 16:49
Welcome from the land where the toilet flush in reverse!!

:p

7eat51
04-11-2013, 16:52
Welcome from Illinois, Muz.

Will check out your review.

CappyTom
04-11-2013, 19:26
Welcome aboard Muz, glad to have you here. I guess you could have a game day at your church or your place as most of the guys and gals I've met here are great.
:thumbsup:
Thomas

STEPHEN NAPIER
04-11-2013, 19:37
Hi Muz, Welcome to WOG FROM Western Australia, hope to hear how you gaming goes in ACT. Stephen

Naharaht
04-11-2013, 20:43
Welcome to the Aerodrome, Muz, from here near Norwich in the United Kingdom.

OldGuy59
04-11-2013, 21:17
Muz,
Welcome from Vancouver Island, Canada.

Mike :-)

Pip
04-11-2013, 22:55
Hey mate and Welcome!

From one n00b to another, you'll find heaps of tips, tactics advice, chit chat and banter here!

It really is a great site/forum and everyone is only too happy to help you out!

Goodluck! :thumbsup: ...

Cheers,

Pip.

ziparoo
04-12-2013, 15:13
Gday, welcome Muz. You might be surprised, but there are several Canberrites on these forums, they are sure to say hello sooner than later :)

Dave

Yes, and I'm one of those... G'day Muz! You also have Wintercon coming up which may be a chance to meet other players.

Grey Knight
04-12-2013, 15:30
Welcome to the Drome Muz,;)

Zoe Brain
04-12-2013, 21:34
Yes, and I'm one of those... G'day Muz! You also have Wintercon coming up which may be a chance to meet other players.

We REALLY should get ourselves more organised... maybe an FB page? I know there are a few groups in the ACT but they have little contact with one another.

JUST ADDED Facebook Group - Canberra Wings of Glory Gaming Group (http://www.facebook.com/groups/165881700237143/)
Feel free to join and arrange games.

Baron Rolf
04-12-2013, 22:42
Welcome to the aerodrome Muz.

muzfish4
04-13-2013, 06:37
Hi All,

Thanks for the very kind words of welcome.

I usually manage to get to Wintercon for a day or so (I played DBA last year) and, again, played DBA (two days this time) at Cancon but I am getting a bit DBA-ed out.

Will try to play WoG at Wintercon if all goes well - I'll keep an eye out here for news.

Alas, neither of the Little Fish are sleeping well at the moment (hence getting to checking here at 11.30pm after finally getting them both settled) so in the short term hosting games is probably not a go-er. Once things improve this could become a good option.

Chance would be a fine thing.

Also in the short term, I'll check out the solo campaign. That sounds like fun and maybe something I can do during during any down time I get.

Best to all and I look forward to getting a bit more air time up.

MF4