PDA

View Full Version : Gotha G.V base question

NZgunner
03-28-2013, 00:27
My big bird has just arrived (along with two of the gorgeous playmats!!), and I was planning on getting a base from AA for it (and my other minis - waiting for the 2-seater to be back in stock) - but the markings on the base appear to be missing the blind spot for the tail gun?

Dan-Sam
03-28-2013, 01:00
You does not have the black arc in the middle of tail gun circle? Just in front of the black arrow for maneuvre cards.

NZgunner
03-28-2013, 01:43
You does not have the black arc in the middle of tail gun circle? Just in front of the black arrow for maneuvre cards.

It's there on my Ares base, but from the pictures of the AA bases (http://www.aerodromeaccessories.com/index.php/flight-stands/ww/gotha-flight-stand.html) there doesn't appear to be anything identifying the blindspot.

Dan-Sam
03-28-2013, 01:49
Oh, sorry, I did not mentioned you are talking about bases from AA. Hope Herr Oberst answer soon.

Oberst Hajj
03-28-2013, 07:27
I'm not really sure why the blind spot never got added to the base :confused: It's an easy fix though, simply fill in the altitude ring between the 9 and 11 a different color and that should do it.

NZgunner
03-31-2013, 19:45
Neither of the machine gun aiming points are on the AA bases either. It looks like they would be on the outer edge of the altitude ring at the exact 12 and 6 o'clock positions.