PDA

View Full Version : Display Hangar Questions

CdnFlyer
03-27-2013, 20:26
Hello all,

I'm not sure if anyone has asked these questions before about the display hangars, but maybe someone has the answers:
1. Are they only for Scout sized planes and is there any future plans for cases sized for 2-seaters and bombers?
2. Do they come with the rare earth magnet? If not, what is the other mounting method used to secure the plane?

I'm thinking of picking some of these up to use for transportation cases to and from events or small matches. The hangar trays are nice and would be great for storing a large mass of planes, but I don't really see myself bringing my entire collection with me to an event so they would be more for home storage. Not only that, my collection of minis is all over the map as far as which Series they are from and the quantities of each type varies so buying the trays based on Series would mean that some wouldn't be filled fully or correctly and that kind of defeats their purpose. My thinking on the display hangars is that I would be bringing anywhere from 6 to 8 planes (3 and 3 or 4 and 4 or whatever mix of opposing sides) and that they would be sturdy enough to handle most transport issues. Thoughts?

P.S. I'll probably still end up buying both, but those display hangars are real damn sharp looking!

Oberst Hajj
03-28-2013, 07:49
Hey Stephen, these come with everything you need, including the RE magnet and bearing. The only two-seaters that fit in these cases are the UFAG and Roland, and those have to be turned sideways in the case. I never really planned for these to be a complete storage system, so larger versions for the two-seaters and bombers was not sourced. I am working another storage option that would allow you to house only the miniatures you have, therefore overcoming the issue you talked about in the second part of your post.

Keith

CdnFlyer
03-28-2013, 21:12
Thanks Oberst, I know we can always count on you for quick and informative responses. I can't wait to see what you come up with for the new storage option. Thanks again.