PDA

View Full Version : Ventral and Dorsal turrets can't shoot to the same level?

Lino22
03-17-2013, 10:49
Guys i put my fingers on the newest rules (Wings of Glory: WW2 Rules and Accessories Pack) and i am confused again:

The rule book states that the turrets can shoot only at the targets that are at lower/higher altitude level.
That feels a bit weird, we have always played them the way they could shoot to the higher/lower and the same altitude level, since the leaflet in the bomber packages stated so.
Can that be a typo? A turret can't shoot into the same level?

The rule used to be "the Dorsal turrets couldn't shoot at the target at lower level". Now they can shoot at the targets at higher level.
Which is quite different.

And apart from that i would like to ask about the altitude limitations:

1. Do i get it right, that the ventral and dorsal turrets can shoot only at a short range (because of shooting to the different altitude)?

2. Can the "full-red dot" guns (which are described as normal machine guns) shoot up and down with the same restrictions as any other normal machine guns (= they can shoot to +/- one altitude max., where a long range damage becomes a short range ...) or just into the same altitude level?

Marechallannes
03-18-2013, 02:29
I've got only the rules from the bomber packs.

1. He 111: The only restriction for the dorsal gun (or top turret gun) is that you can't shoot at a lower level. Same level or higher level is ok.

He 111: For the ventral gun/s (or turret gun/s at the belly) you are right. Only a shooting at lower altitude is allowed.

2. The only difference between a "red-dot-gun" and a "yellow-dot-gun" is, that the yellow one is optional only with altitude rules and the restrictions I wrote above.

1. B25 & B25c: Same restriction for the dorsal gun. It can't shoot at a lower level but the same or higher level is allowed.

B25c: The ventral gun (or turret gun at the belly) can only shoot at lower altitude.

I think it's really a typo, Jan.

It's important to talk about this stuff, so we have no problems in Prague in July.;)

Lino22
03-18-2013, 10:47
Sven, i am afraid it might not be a typo - those latest rules simply don't say how the normal (full red hexagon) machine guns shoot.
They say a lot about the turrets but nothing about the normal guns. :mad:
"A red dot indicates a normal machine gun". However there is no definition what the normal machine gun is.

Rabbit 3
03-22-2013, 04:27
"A red dot indicates a normal machine gun". However there is no definition what the normal machine gun is.
A non power turret mounted gun seems like a good bet, it does look like the rules need a bit more definition though.

Lino22
04-02-2013, 23:30
Andrea answered to me at BGG:

"Hello!

Sorry if it is unclear. Anyway the normal machineguns are just so - and work as the normal machinegun for fighters: same altitude at normal ranges, one level up or down at half ruler considered as long range.

All the best!

Andrea"

There we go.