PDA

View Full Version : Toronto LGS's in Toronto

CdnFlyer
03-08-2013, 13:43
Hello all,

This past Monday was a real good one for me. My wife had an appointment downtown Toronto so we decided to make a day excursion out of it . After her appointment she wanted to check out a couple of stores in the Yonge St. area and I thought "WOohoo, there are some lgs' in the area". First off was the Silver Snail. Absolutely nothing... bummed out. Next stop was 401 Games. Got to the store and kinda had to really dig through their stuff. I don't mind digging cause who knows you may come across some old and rare stuff! No WW1 stuff , but for those of you who play WW2 I saw about a dozen various planes.

Next and last stop, the swmbo was catching on, was Hairy Tarantula. I've never been to this location, their north location had only WW2 planes and a very small selection at that, but have heard good things. We creaked up the stairs, got the look from the missus as she's 30 weeks pregnant, and headed into a super cluttered store. This store looks like it may have been an apartment at one point, but was now covered wall to wall with shelves of games and comics. Cool. The young gent working the main desk was the only staff member but greated us with a hello even though he was busy with other customers. When he was free I asked if they carried any Wings of War stuff, initially he hesitated and blurted out "OH YEAH, we just gotta shipment in. Most of it got snatched up by some guy though. I might have some in our minatures room... And maybe here...oh and maybe here...or here?! Your free to look around if you like" Obviously he was overwhelmed with stock orders so I decided just to poke around myself. I came across a Caproni, but I have one. I then found a 2 seater, but it was way overpriced at $20.95. Too much. I then came across a dual pack (Baumer and Luke). I don't have this one, but at $33.95 how am I gonna get those past the swmbo. Thanfully she was busy looking at comics in a different part of the store. I made my way over to the main desk and went to purchase the dual pack. The clerk rang it through and stated " That'll be $26.95". I stood there for a minute looking perplexed. The evil angel on my left shoulder was screaming in my ear"DON'T SAY ANYTHING YA BIG DUMMY...PAY AND FLY LIKE THE WIND!!!". But, I figured that if I ever wanted to show my faces in this store again I should do the right thing. And I did. The clerk looked shocked , damn should of paid and run, but then stated "Oh, I guess you didn't know that all our boardgames are on sale and the minis for Wings of War are part of that sale". WOOHOo.... I paid quickly and happily. My wife came over and saw that I had made a purchase . "Watcha' buy?" she said looking like the cheshire cat at a yellow canary. "Ummm.... some mini's....AND THEY WERE ON SALE!". "Really?!?... Hey that's a good deal...good find babe!". VICTORY!!! ;)Sale.. What every lady loves... And mine especially loves to hear when I spend! We started to leave when I walked past a box on the floor and saw that it was full of unopened Wings of Glory mini boxes. I rummaged through them quickly so as to not piss off the swmbo, but saw that they were then Series 1 reprints that I already own. Still a good sign though, that means they'll be stocking them again.

So from what I've seems of LG's in Toronto:
Meeplemart - good stock and prices and willing to order in for you.
HairyTarantula Yonge St. - getting back into stocking, new mini's were priced at $15.95 but they go on sale.

Good Hunting all:pint: