PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Australia.

Flying Officer Kyte
05-04-2010, 01:11
I understand from my Avatar, Albert, that he is worried by the fact that he has heard that Australians are very good at potting balls.
Well done!:)
Rob.

Guntruck
05-04-2010, 01:49
Snooker tables make excellent WoW play mats (if a little heavy to move...) :)

Flying Officer Kyte
05-04-2010, 05:14
Snooker tables make excellent WoW play mats (if a little heavy to move...) :)

It is incredible what you can do to the baize with a brown and yellow spray can, a black, blue, and brown felt tip pen, and some lichen. All we need is some red and pink. Then we have a game.
Rob.

richard m schwab
05-04-2010, 18:37
That would not work on my friends purple felt top. The table came with the house!:)

Rich

Flying Officer Kyte
05-05-2010, 01:01
That would not work on my friends purple felt top. The table came with the house!:)

Rich

Too bad Rich. You'll have to imagine that you are flying over a field of purple heather.:D
Rob.

richard m schwab
05-05-2010, 13:52
Rob!
And you thought we Yanks did not know our classics! ;)

Will ye go, lassie, go,
And we’ll all go together
To pick wild mountain thyme
All around the blooming heather,
Will ye go, lassie, go.

P.S. You can loose the purple balls on that table!

Rich

Flying Officer Kyte
05-06-2010, 07:01
Rob!
And you thought we Yanks did not know our classics! ;)

Will ye go, lassie, go,
And we’ll all go together
To pick wild mountain thyme
All around the blooming heather,
Will ye go, lassie, go.

P.S. You can loose the purple balls on that table!

Rich

Hi Rich.
One of my fav songs. My old c.o.'s wife used to sing it wonderfully.
However I don't have any purple balls! Shall I try bruising the pink one?:eek:
Rob.

richard m schwab
05-06-2010, 13:34
Rob!

If you go to that extreme use a non reactive paint!! ;) I will have to take some shots of "The Purple Plain" to get my point across!

Rich

Flying Officer Kyte
05-10-2010, 06:51
Rob!

If you go to that extreme use a non reactive paint!! ;) I will have to take some shots of "The Purple Plain" to get my point across!

Rich

Bring it on Rich.

richard m schwab
05-10-2010, 17:59
Rob.

I will have to take my pink PR Spitfire to get the full effect!:)

Rich

Flying Officer Kyte
05-11-2010, 02:59
Rob.

I will have to take my pink PR Spitfire to get the full effect!:)

Rich

I can't wait for such a revelation Rich. It must be the most well concealed aircraft since The Red Baron. Great for late evening sorties in the sunset. No songs about that thanks!:D
Rob.

richard m schwab
05-11-2010, 18:01
Rob!

I am am stumped for a song to go with that mental image.

Rich

Flying Officer Kyte
05-12-2010, 07:04
Rob!

I am am stumped for a song to go with that mental image.

Rich

Hi Rich.
Something like "Red (Baron) sails in the sunset.:o I'll get my coat.
Spot the tumbleweed.
Rob.

richard m schwab
05-15-2010, 04:34
My first attempt at capturing the full majestic effect of a Pink plane over the Purple Plain was a bust. It was interrupted by sudden storm which knocked out the power. Yes it was a Purple Rain :o, that fell on the Purple Plain :( , in Virginia Beach!

Rich

Flying Officer Kyte
05-15-2010, 11:20
My first attempt at capturing the full majestic effect of a Pink plane over the Purple Plain was a bust. It was interrupted by sudden storm which knocked out the power. Yes it was a Purple Rain :o, that fell on the Purple Plain :( , in Virginia Beach!

Rich

Looks quite all white to me, Rich. You really are having a purple patch aren't you!:D
Rob.

richard m schwab
05-15-2010, 11:36
Rob!

I have some medicated creme i am applying to it three times a day!:rolleyes:

Rich

Flying Officer Kyte
05-15-2010, 11:59
Rob!

I have some medicated creme i am applying to it three times a day!:rolleyes:

Rich

I understand this is yet another side effect of letting the castor oil soak through your flying jacket.
Rob.

richard m schwab
05-15-2010, 12:15
Rob!

If so it would be the less of a health problem than not keeping ones mouth covered on long flights!:o Those daring young fliers of 1914 to 1918 had real intestinal fortitude!;)

Rich

Flying Officer Kyte
05-16-2010, 08:42
Rob!

If so it would be the less of a health problem than not keeping ones mouth covered on long flights!:o Those daring young fliers of 1914 to 1918 had real intestinal fortitude!;)

Rich

Hi Rich.
Yes, I guessed that you would know all about that particular effect of castor oil. How fast can you make it from your camel to the latrine in a flying suit and boots?
Rob.:eek:

richard m schwab
05-16-2010, 16:37
Rob!

Yes not something brought up to often by historians. But pilots would talk about the reality of breathing it! To counter point that topic. I had a good friend
in high school, who`s father was sent here to study mining in Colorado. His grandfather claimed to have found a gold mine in Africa, and wanted one of his grandsons to become a mining engineer. He refused to tell it`s location till had one. So my friends father left Merry Olde England and enrolled in the Colorado School of mines this was in the late 1940`s. Before he left hi grandfather told him other stories. They were about the trenches in WW1 a subject he never talked about openly. One was of the fact that for the two weeks they were on the line he was to scared to have a bowel movement. Once they they were relieved so was he!!

Rich