PDA

View Full Version : Intro Campaign for new WoG players

Omegalazarus
02-23-2013, 20:56
Hey all, here is the campaign I am doing for me and my friends. We are all pretty new so the Idea is to have different missions that each showcase a different optional rule or scenario and give each player a chance to build a history with their character by tracking the details of each mission and aquiring ace skills.

I talked about it in this thread http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/showthread.php?13701-Persistent-Character-idea-(lose-campaign)

I am linking it here (https://www.dropbox.com/s/suykq7hyc5p96ru/Zero%20to%20Hero%20Campaign.docx) and uploading it to the files campaign section and it is called "Zero to Hero"

It has the full detail of about 8 different missions fitting into 3 broad categories. It also has all the rules for character progression used in the campaign. Experienced players may not like that there is no character death and no worries about down time. This is meant to be a light play and mainly to intro players to the game. It also is made to be played by any amount of the players in the campaign so that games can be played even if everyone is not available. I set a balance to the victory points to elp make up for this since a player who has several games under their belt might face off against a busy player who hasn't gotten to lay yet.

Each mission can be played at any level (Basic, Standard, Advanced) and I hope that some of these mission variants will be useful. Of course, use all or part of any of the rules or missions and leave comments as I am open to all feedback since this is my first attempt at doing this sort of thing for WoG. Thanks!

gully_raker
02-24-2013, 19:12
:thumbsup: Good luck with the campaign. Sounds like a good way to ease new players into the game & increase the complexity as you progress.:D

Flying Officer Kyte
02-25-2013, 00:12
All contributions gladly received as they say eh Barry.
Japheth, a constant cry from new members is for ready made scenarios and campaigns, so this series of yours will give them even more to get their teeth into.
Rob.

Hunter
02-25-2013, 03:24
I like your scenario/campaign. You put in some thought, which noobs will appreciate. It looks to be a good precurser, or practice, to the KotA campaign. Gratitude, Japheth.

MoonSylver
02-25-2013, 14:44
I will have to look at it when I have time, but I've thought all along this was a great idea & am interested to see what you've come up with, :)

itchy
02-25-2013, 23:19
This looks good my son is trying to get his sisters playing and I think thjis will be ideal for him to use with them ,will let you know how it goes.

Bruno.hofke
09-07-2013, 05:58
Very interesting your campaign , I will implement with my group . The only problem is that , from what I understand , there is not a long-term incentive to win a battle . So , what do you think if all the players on the winning side received a confirmed kill .

Omegalazarus
09-09-2013, 06:16
That sounds like a good incentive! Feel free to make whatever changes you think will work for your group. Just think of the file I uploaded as a good "jumping off point" for whatever you want to do. Don't forget some AAR's once your group is in the air!

Flying Officer Kyte
09-15-2013, 01:08
Very interesting your campaign , I will implement with my group . The only problem is that , from what I understand , there is not a long-term incentive to win a battle . So , what do you think if all the players on the winning side received a confirmed kill .

Great to have you adding a new incentive to the mix Bruno. I say do whatever floats your boat.
Don't forget to say hi to all the other members on the Report for Duty thread.
Welcome to the Drome.
Rob.