PDA

View Full Version : Knight of the Air Manoeuvre Cards

Waxfrance
02-21-2013, 02:35
Hi fellows !

So, I found in my old games library, a no less old Avalon Hill game : Knights of the Air.
There some interesting cards in it (we can see them in BGG site, if I can remember).
Maybe useful for some people like me, if you want to create some new manoeuvres (what i'm doing now ^^)

So, some scans and Photoshop work and here they are !
I hope these ones should be useful.

77574 77561 77563 77564 77566 77568 77569 77570 77571 77575
77567 77562 77572 77573 77565

fast.git
02-22-2013, 06:21
Hi fellows !

So, I found in my old games library, a no less old Avalon Hill game : Knights of the Air.
There some interesting cards in it (we can see them in BGG site, if I can remember).
Maybe useful for some people like me, if you want to create some new manoeuvres (what i'm doing now ^^)

So, some scans and Photoshop work and here they are !
I hope these ones should be useful.
These are pretty cool. You mention "these ones," are there any more you can share with us here? Additionally, I'd love to see any of these new maneuvers (falling leaf and zoom are two that come immediately to mind) interpreted as WGF card sequences.
Thank you! :clap: :thumbsup: :clap:

OldGuy59
02-22-2013, 06:58
These are pretty cool. You mention "these ones," are there any more you can share with us here? Additionally, I'd love to see any of these new maneuvers (falling leaf and zoom are two that come immediately to mind) interpreted as WGF card sequences.
Thank you! :clap: :thumbsup: :clap:

What he said!

Mike:-)

tikkifriend
02-23-2013, 09:38
Do you plan on making any cards for your planes from these Seb?

hatfieldsinal
02-23-2013, 10:00
I'd forgotten about these cards in Kinghts of the Air. In a 2-D game, it looks like the WOG cards will allow us to do everything but the retournment and falling leaf.

Since the falling leaf is essentially a stall-spin, you probably could make a special rule for keeping the plane in the same location, spinning it some (random?) rotation, and not allowing it to fire. Then come out of it with a straight stall card. But, that would add complexity to our rather simple game.

As for the zoom card, you probably could use a standard straight card with a rule to account for the extra energy needed to gain the additional distance and still climb. Maybe require a straight dive card just prior to the "zoom" card.

The retournment maneuver has me stumped with our current cards, though.

phililphall
02-23-2013, 10:32
The Falling Leaf is performed by stalling the a/c then sideslipping back and forth while keeping the nose pointed in one direction. Here is a video of the Falling Leaf.

http://apstraining.com/wp-content/uploads/aps_falling_leaf_high_wmv.wmv

flash
02-23-2013, 12:14
..Maybe useful for some people like me, if you want to create some new manoeuvres (what i'm doing now ^^)

They look pretty neat Seb (though sure that's not what a wing-over looks like), however, if you are creating manoeuvres have a look at this file (http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=971) and my albums which may help you with some ideas. Also have a search through the house rules section, there are lots in there too. I will have to have a think on the retournment as that looks slippery ! ;)

Waxfrance
02-24-2013, 09:12
Do you plan on making any cards for your planes from these Seb?
I'm working on new manoeuvres for my games (i've seen that many players in this forum have created new manoeuvres).

if you are creating manoeuvres have a look at this fileseems pretty nice work ^^. can be very useful.

I've made a pdf with many manoeuvres from WoG and Knights of the Air. I need to test them and i need to make it nice looking ^^
I'll show you soon !

fast.git
02-24-2013, 16:38
I've made a pdf with many manoeuvres from WoG and Knights of the Air. I need to test them and i need to make it nice looking ^^
I'll show you soon !

Excellent. Thank you!

boomerpete53
04-14-2013, 20:42
HEY1 THANKS FOR THE CARDS, I PLAN TO MAKE A FLIP BOOK FOR PEOPLE TO LOOK AT TO LEARN THE MOVEMENTS, THESE WILL BE GREAT AS A DEMO ITEM AT THE LOCAL COUNTY FAIR.. GOOOD JOB DUDE!86004