PDA

View Full Version : Best additional Planes for the Deluxe set?

Vestifex
04-27-2010, 10:35
I just bought the deluxe set and really like the game.

Now we are planning to do a bigger fight this weekend.

As I have not that much experience with the game, which plane miniatures would you suggest as first expansion of the set?

I´m looking for 3 planes for the Allied and 3 planes for the Germans, one two seater per side.

Oberst Hajj
04-27-2010, 23:23
Since you have the B damage deck that came in the Deluxe set, I would suggest adding a couple of two seaters to your collection. That would open up the types of missions you can play pretty well. I would go with the DH 4 and the Roland C.II. For the other two planes I would go for the D.III and D.VII for the Central Powers and the Ni17/23s and Snipe for the Entente side.

Pseudotheist
04-28-2010, 05:48
I agree almost completely. But personally I'd sub out the DH.4 for an RE.8 to keep your 2-seaters from outrunning your Nieuports and Triplanes. This does mean you'll have 2 K maneuver decks though, instead of an H and a K (it's not a big deal, really...). And you probably want to make sure to pick up a Nieuport 17 instead of the 23, so that pilot isn't hampered by inefficient guns (though if you pick up the 23, you can always just play it with A guns anyway).

Vestifex
04-30-2010, 22:35
Thanks for the advice.

Due to limited supply at the store, they had no two seater for the Germans, I ended up with the following Miniatures:

Albartros D.III (Hautzmayer)
Fokker DR I (Rahn)

Spad XIII (Rickenbacker)
Sopwith Snipe (Baker)
De Havilland D.H.4 (Atkey)

Oberst Hajj
04-30-2010, 23:47
Your really can't go wrong with any of the minis! You will have to have to make sure you give the Germans some extra planes if you bring that Snipe in though... it's pretty bad ass.

Vestifex
05-01-2010, 00:24
Is there some kind of Dogfight Value or ranking for the planes, to make squadron building at least some how "fair"?

Oberst Hajj
05-01-2010, 00:31
No, most people just play planes against other planes that flew at the same time in real life. There was a rather long and in depth thread about assigning a points value to the different planes so that you could build a "fair" game if you wanted to. We never really settled on a final system to do this, but there is more then enough info in that thread for some one to just pick a system and use it.

Pseudotheist
05-03-2010, 07:51
There was a rather long and in depth thread about assigning a points value to the different planes so that you could build a "fair" game if you wanted to. We never really settled on a final system to do this, but there is more then enough info in that thread for some one to just pick a system and use it.
One of these days I'm gonna get the motivation to post to that thread again...

Biggles downunder
05-03-2010, 16:07
Can anyone give me a link to that thread?

Oberst Hajj
05-03-2010, 17:01
Here you go. (http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/showthread.php?t=582&highlight=points+system)