PDA

View Full Version : Colours of british AA- and forward-observer Lorries?

HW66
02-07-2013, 13:34
Hello

I have some Skytrex and Pendraken Lorries in the paint shop. They will carry AA-MGs and the fieldwinch for an Forward-observer-party.

I assumed that they were colored in olive-green. Now I have seen models completely in a midgrey shade?

What should they be? Olive-green? Grey? Maybe camouflaged (What style then?)?

Questions over question.....

Maybe out there is a friendly soul who will give some helpful advice to the 'enemy'? ;-)

Thanks Harry

Doug
02-07-2013, 13:48
I use an light shade of olive green, in the pictures and film clips I have seen there was no camo. Doug

gully_raker
02-07-2013, 14:06
:D For what its worth here is a pic of a recreation of a WW1 Bus used to transport troops.
It was part of the Annual Flyin & WW1 reinactments in New Zealand at Hood Aerodrome.

HW66
02-07-2013, 16:34
Hello.

Work in progress, one example.

As the olive-green seems more to be an ink rather than a paint it goes in the right direction, I suppose.
I'll paint it tomorrow a second time.

Good Night

Harry

Flying Officer Kyte
02-08-2013, 12:53
Mid Grey sounds more like Central Powers colours.
Rob.

Rabbit 3
02-08-2013, 13:19
While we can`t be sure if the colour scheme is original this surviving example of a British mobile AA gun may give us a hint.
Olive Green seems to be a safe bet for most British WW1 `Soft Skins` but I have seen an old Lumiere process colour plate which shows a British motor ambulance painted in a Khaki/Sand colour dating from the early war period.