PDA

View Full Version : Ontario So Excited!!!

CdnFlyer
02-05-2013, 10:25
Hello all,

I'm so excited... After reading a post from the game designers asking if we knew of game stores that use to stock WoW, I decided to check out my lgs websites. Lo and behold! One of them was restocking minis! I quickly placed an order, with special instructions that I would pick them up on the weekend. I don't know if I can wait that long. When I pick them up I'll take a quick inventory of what they have and I'll post in case anyone else is looking in my area. Good Hunting!

tailz
02-05-2013, 16:01
Happy here... my new series aircraft arrived in Guelph! Now hoping for the TABScon weekend off from work to get them into action!! (though my display cabinet is getting rather crowded now with the new arrivals...)

Clint

Lt. S.Kafloc
02-05-2013, 23:49
You can't have too many........swmbo has ordered get rid of something else before you buy more little toys! Pah what does she know.

CdnFlyer
02-06-2013, 06:01
Is the frying pan hidden LOL! Cause I'm sure she really knows how to use that! I'll tell ya...that frying sure looks like a giant UFO when it comes flying over the Fokker's and Camels ROFL.

CdnFlyer
02-11-2013, 08:39
Well, I picked up my order from Meeplemart and added several others to it. This is what I got and pricing:
1.Fokker Dr.1 Kirschtein - 10.99
2.Sopwith Camel Stackard - 10.99
3.Sopwith Camel Barker - 10.99
4.Halberstadt D.III Camo - 10.99
5.Halberstadt D.III Luftstreitkrafte - 10.99
6.Fokker E.III Buddecke - 10.99
7.Airco DH.2 Saundby - 10.99
8.Gotha G.V Aschoff - 27.99
9.Caproni CA.3 Green Camo - 27.99

The pricing is not too bad, considering if I had to order it from out of country the minis would have been cheaper but the shipping would have put it way over what I paid for all. I will still need to order from other places as the lgs doesn't stock everything (Gimbal Mounts, etc...). As far as WWI stock, they still have a pretty good selection of stock (not huge probably about 1 doz. of various scouts, but for those in Toronto this is a real treasure). What major surprise I found was 2 new sets of Balloon Busters. I didn't pick them up myself as I already have 2 sets, but for those looking they are 47.95 (a little pricey, but considering the rarity! And still cheaper than evilbay). For those who play WWII, they have a large supply of various fighters and a few bombers as well. This was my first time dealing with Meeplemart and it was a great experience. The store was very, very busy but the staff made time for me. I went with the SWMBO, and initially she was a little hesitant but she saw all the gaming tables and terrain and became very interested. She even convinced me to buy a LITKO cloud marker! They have several large gaming tables which can be booked. I asked if they run regular games of WoG and they don't really, but they did mention that they have a forum which I can join and there are people who do play locally. He also stated that I should check out a web site called Wings of Glory Aerodrome as there is a very active, dedicated and knowledgable group (like I didn't know LOL). If your into other games, these guys have a massive selection and their prices are good. So.... my personal Aerodrome has now increased dramatically (29 minis since starting this game in January). The SWMBO is a little concerned over my obsession with the little planes, but considering that she is my regular opponent she understands how much more visually enticing the game is when you use the minis. Over all, Meeplemart was an excellent experience and I highly recommend them to anyone in the GTA. Good Huning All!!!:pint:

CdnFlyer
02-11-2013, 08:40
Well, I picked up my order from Meeplemart and added several others to it. This is what I got and pricing:
1.Fokker Dr.1 Kirschtein - 10.99
2.Sopwith Camel Stackard - 10.99
3.Sopwith Camel Barker - 10.99
4.Halberstadt D.III Camo - 10.99
5.Halberstadt D.III Luftstreitkrafte - 10.99
6.Fokker E.III Buddecke - 10.99
7.Airco DH.2 Saundby - 10.99
8.Gotha G.V Aschoff - 27.99
9.Caproni CA.3 Green Camo - 27.99

The pricing is not too bad, considering if I had to order it from out of country the minis would have been cheaper but the shipping would have put it way over what I paid for all. I will still need to order from other places as the lgs doesn't stock everything (Gimbal Mounts, etc...). As far as WWI stock, they still have a pretty good selection of stock (not huge probably about 1 doz. of various scouts, but for those in Toronto this is a real treasure). What major surprise I found was 2 new sets of Balloon Busters. I didn't pick them up myself as I already have 2 sets, but for those looking they are 47.95 (a little pricey, but considering the rarity! And still cheaper than evilbay). For those who play WWII, they have a large supply of various fighters and a few bombers as well. This was my first time dealing with Meeplemart and it was a great experience. The store was very, very busy but the staff made time for me. I went with the SWMBO, and initially she was a little hesitant but she saw all the gaming tables and terrain and became very interested. She even convinced me to buy a LITKO cloud marker! They have several large gaming tables which can be booked. I asked if they run regular games of WoG and they don't really, but they did mention that they have a forum which I can join and there are people who do play locally. He also stated that I should check out a web site called Wings of Glory Aerodrome as there is a very active, dedicated and knowledgable group (like I didn't know LOL). If your into other games, these guys have a massive selection and their prices are good. So.... my personal Aerodrome has now increased dramatically (29 minis since starting this game in January). The SWMBO is a little concerned over my obsession with the little planes, but considering that she is my regular opponent she understands how much more visually enticing the game is when you use the minis. Over all, Meeplemart was an excellent experience and I highly recommend them to anyone in the GTA. Good Hunting All!!!:pint: