PDA

View Full Version : British Columbia Local Gaming Convention

BobRoberts
01-22-2013, 17:05
Guys, while I'm new to playing Wings of War/Glory, I'm not new to wargames. I've been an avid Wargamer for 35 years and while I mostly play strategy boardwargames, I also enjoy some miniature wargames. Having attended numerous boardgaming conventions in Washington State, and California, and not seeing any conventions dedicated to wargaming, I decided to start up my own wargaming convention back in 2007.

BottosCon has continued to grow each year, and is a place where all local wargamers, and boardgamers are welcome. I've recently had to change locations for BottosCon, and in 2013 we will be holding our convention at the Vancouver Sheraton Guildford hotel in Surrey, BC. I've secured 3500 sq. ft. of space for gaming and I wanted to let the local guys know that if they want to bring their Wings of War/Glory minis to BottosCon, that there will be room and they will be most welcome.

BottosCon: Getting Gamers and their games out of the closet and onto the table since 2007

Nov. 8-10, 2013

The North Shore Wargaming Society is proud to host BottosCon 2013, our SEVENTH ANNUAL board gaming convention for all gamers in the Greater Vancouver area and Pacific Northwest.

Our focus will be on gaming, not structure, so think GMT West or Homercon, but with a Canadian flair. This is an opportunity to play some great games, whether they be Strategy, War or Euro and make some new friends.

George Kelln's ASL West Coast Rumble and Andrew Nick's ever popular BottosFront Up Front tournament will be returning again to this year's BottosCon.

In addition to the ASL and Up Front tournaments, there will be lots of other games played. The majority of the games are arranged between players ahead of time, but there is always room for a pick up game. Open gaming will be subject to space availability and will be on a first come, first served basis.

Last year's game swap table was a resounding success, so if you have a game you're looking to sell or trade, please bring it and there will be space to display your wares.

In keeping with tradition, I'm asking each attendee to please bring a non-perishable item for the local foodbank. I'll have a bin at the sign in desk for any and all donations. Thank you.

To join this group, you must provide your first and last name as well as city of residence. Requests missing this info will not be approved.

If you have any questions please e-mail me at scouterrob@telus.net

Rob Bottos
BottosCon Actual
http://ca.groups.yahoo.com/group/BottosCon/

BobRoberts
05-25-2013, 17:29

BobRoberts
05-28-2013, 18:33
Here is the link for the hotel where you can reserve your hotel room and get the convention rate until October 9, 2013. https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/StarGroupsWeb/booking/reservation?id=1304254610&key=BB97

BobRoberts
07-14-2013, 19:53
Guys, registration for BottosCon 2013 will commence August 8, 2013. Convention rates are $35.00 if pre-registering, or $40.00 at the door. A day pay is $25.00. Payment is in Canadian funds via paypal scouterrob@telus.net. American dollars will be accepted at par if paying at the door. Convention doors open at 12pm on Friday November 8, 2013 and close at 6pm Sunday November 10, 2013.

The hotel convention rate of $99.00/night is available until October 9, 2013.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Rob Bottos
BottosCon Actual

BobRoberts
08-07-2013, 18:19

OldGuy59
11-07-2013, 19:00
BottosCon! This weekend! Packing and prepping like mad! Trying to find banner stuff to make a presentation board for the game and The 'drome.

Haven't touched my planes since August. Darn College course!

Mike :)

BobRoberts
11-11-2013, 21:40
A huge thank you to Mike Owen for the great Wings of Glory event he ran at this year's BottosCon. Mike was a patient, yet enthusiastic ambassador for the game. Over the course of the weekend Mike taught the game to 5 new players. For me the best part of the weekend was the Saturday night dogfight tournament where I fought 3 separate duels and earned the title of Bullet Magnet, a title I will wear with pride till next year's BottosCon 2014. Mike and I hope to provide some Canadian content at Enfilade next year and I hope that after reading the write up that Mike is preparing that more people will join us next year.

OldGuy59
11-12-2013, 07:59
All,
The Con was a blast! Thanks to Rob for hosting the event, and inviting me to showcase Wings of War. It is gonna take some time to get this posted, I'm afraid. I spent all Monday doing homework I neglected over the weekend, and I'm not caught up.

However, one of the participants did post some good coverage of the Black Flight in action Friday night:
To BottosCon and Back (http://ilivewithcats.blogspot.ca/2013/11/to-bottoscon-and-back.html).
The Black Flight did much better on this foray, than in my solo play test.

More pictures and write-ups coming...

Mike :)

Flying Officer Kyte
11-12-2013, 09:18
Sounds like you all had a humdinger of a show Mike. I look forward to hearing more about the show in due course. Take your time and attend to the necessaries first though.
Thanks for keeping us informed. It is always great to hear what is happening in other countries Conventions.
Rob.