PDA

View Full Version : Question Regarding Mini's Play

HendersonDayton
04-16-2010, 16:54
I just started playing with mini's and I was wondering what the rules are on "overlapping" plane bases? What do you guys usually do? I have used the WWI Card Sets for a while now and it is easy to overlap cards. What do you do with Minis?

Thanks!

IRM
04-16-2010, 20:09
There's several ways to play this:

1) From the Deluxe Set Rules: Overlapping is allowed, but if the models cannot be placed correctly due to model sizes or peg positions each player draws a B damage card. The player drawing the lowest number (on the lower right, not the damage value) moves first, then the other player places his model as close as possible to the intended position. Damage results on these cards are ignored, just return them to the deck.

2) From the miniatures rules insert: Temporarily replace one model with it's card.

3) From Burning Drachens (ONLY if using Altitude Rules): Use either of the above methods, but there is also a chance overlapping models or balloons may collide. If the models are at the same altitude and BOTH either have NO climb counters or ANY climb counters, draw a C damage card for each (Balloon Busters uses two A-cards instead).

I prefer to use 1+3 myself, since I always play with altitude.

HendersonDayton
04-16-2010, 20:14
Thanks Iain! I assume when you say "Model" you also mean its base? Or is "Peg" also including the base?

Clarifying #1, you are saying after both players have attempted to move, and they realize the bases will touch, the go back, and draw the damage cards then move according to your #1?

IRM
04-16-2010, 20:50
By "model", I mean the aircraft itself. By "peg", I mean the height stand.

Regarding #1, you've got it right but you don't need to use this rule if the bases just overlap, only if you can't physically place the models in their correct positions. Even after you move the models back, draw cards and move again you should still overlap the bases so you're as close to the original position as possible.

Oberst Hajj
04-16-2010, 21:32
There are couple of good threads on this issues. Try a search for "overlapping".

The Juggernaut
04-18-2010, 07:24
i always replaced a plane with the card, seems much quicker and smoother to me.

Charlie3
04-19-2010, 19:03
i always replaced a plane with the card, seems much quicker and smoother to me.I agree, our group has been doing this since day one and it is very easy to do and does not interupt play much at all. Just make sure that the removed model is placed on the control sheet so that everyone knows that it is not an actual target. We have had the occasional problem of someone plotting moves to attack a plane that is not there!;)