PDA

View Full Version : Cancon Arrangements??

gully_raker
01-08-2013, 22:40
:D G'day All!
I now have confirmation that Chris (halvo) has arranged a 4 bed dormetary accomodation to share with myself & his two boys for Saturday & Sunday nights so this means I will be available to help out on all 3 days.:thumbsup:

Zoe, I would like to run/help to run some of the Demo games particularly an early war one as I have a goodly number of Fokker E.III's, Halberstadts, DH-2's, FE2b & Gunbus plus a couple of BE2c's.
Please let me know what I can do to assist.

Carl, I could also help you with the WW2 Comp if required. I do not play WW2 but happy to help!

I know Chris would be interested in playing in the comp on at least one day.

Anyway could you please let me know your thoughts.

Cheers Baz.

Zoe Brain
01-09-2013, 00:53
Space will be the problem. We'll only have 1 6x4ft table, and probably not more than 1 metre around that.
By all means bring aircraft - I think I already have enough in my collection, but more is better!

I'm toying with the idea of having a special Zeppelin game. Even bought some 1/200 BE2s etc to fit in with the 1/213 Zepp that Clipper so kindly gave me. And an FF33 to keep the RFC and RNAS honest.

gully_raker
01-09-2013, 15:07
Space will be the problem. We'll only have 1 6x4ft table, and probably not more than 1 metre around that.
By all means bring aircraft - I think I already have enough in my collection, but more is better!

I'm toying with the idea of having a special Zeppelin game. Even bought some 1/200 BE2s etc to fit in with the 1/213 Zepp that Clipper so kindly gave me. And an FF33 to keep the RFC and RNAS honest.

Thanks Zoe for the reply.:thumbsup:
I will only bring up a few. I knew we were going to be hard up for space. Do you know how Carls WW2 comp is shaping up?

Zoe Brain
01-11-2013, 00:55
I don't - Cancon organiser database shows zero entries at the moment :(

21st Century 15
Apocalypse 40K 13
ASL 15
Australian Boardgames Championships 5
Battletech One Day 4
Battletech Open 6
Bloodbowl 49
Bolt Action 16
DBA 23
DBM 3.2 5
DBMM 20
DBR 17
EPIC Armageddon 4
Flames of War: Early War 42
Flames of War: Mid War 58
FoG A-M 31
FoG R 10
Horse and Musket 6
Infinity 23
Koenig Krieg 1
Malifaux 19
Napoleon at War 13
Saga 8
Stalingrad 15
War Machine and Hordes v2 52
Wargods 4
Warhammer 40,000 130
Warhammer Fantasy Battles 98
Warmachine and Hordes - The Punch Bowl 6
Warmachine and Hordes - The Whole Bottle 29
Warmachine and Hordes - Two Pints 12
Younbloods 13
Grand Total 762

As you may notice, many games are at, or near the max space allocated for them.
I have modified total spaces for events to the space I have allocated for them.

Blue games are going to be upstairs in C pavilion. You have later finishing times there, disabled access and a quiter atmosphere. (Plus, I can not fit you anywhere else at this time.)
Red games have been canceled.
Games not listed have no entrants yet (And no space allocated at thie time.)

gully_raker
01-11-2013, 16:16
:confused: So what will happen if no entries received before the start of Cancon?:eek:
I assume we do have a Participation/Demo Table?

Carl_Brisgamer
01-11-2013, 23:23
Hi all,

In the past fortnight I have posted the Cancon invitation on the WoWnexus yahoo group, the Melbourne Wings of Glory yahoo group, the Ozwargaming forum and other locations.

I've had a few nibbles expressing interest in WGF but nothing on WGS. Perhaps this mirrors the poll I ran on this forum earlier in the year - 70% of WG players are WGF only and less than 7% are WGS only.

There is still time yet, we'll see what happens in the next week. In the meantime I still have painting to do.

Cheers,

Carl.

Zoe Brain
01-12-2013, 02:13
I assume we do have a Participation/Demo Table?

Yes.

X fingers the WGS comp gets off the ground too. If not, I'll try to run at least one WGS game per day.

Carl_Brisgamer
01-12-2013, 05:10
Hi all,

I picked up three aerial photograph maps sized at 1440 x 1000mm from Officeworks today, for use with WGS scenarios at Cancon.

This one represents 1943 Darwin. The photo is actually of another location today, but is similar enough to that town during the war. We have an airfield and a harbour.

This one is actually Mullingimbi, which was used as an airfield during the war, and remains in use today.

This one is a general map of the estuary of a river in northern Australia, with an airfield of course!

gully_raker
01-13-2013, 21:04
:thumbsup: Those are great Mats Carl. Well Done.:salute::hatsoff:

Carl_Brisgamer
01-15-2013, 19:22
Finished my 75 Sqn RAAF P-40Es this morning, Bettys tonight and Spits by Friday.

If we have any WGS players signed up I will have planes, maps and scenarios.

Carl_Brisgamer
01-15-2013, 19:23
Finished my 75 Sqn RAAF P-40Es this morning, Bettys tonight and Spits by Friday.

If we have any WGS players signed up I will have planes, maps and scenarios.

Carl_Brisgamer
01-21-2013, 23:38
I have spoken to the Cancon organiser Tim Sleigh and have good news and bad news.

The bad news is no one signed up to play the WGS competition (do I smell that bad? :crash:)

That however is also directly related to the good news, which is I have been offerred a participation game table for WGS right next to Zoe's WGF table - basically a shed load of Wings of Glory all in one spot.

The other good news is that despite no official competition I still have some prize support available from my FLGS sponsor Fastbreak Sports, so I will have some goodies to give away :minis:

In addition I will also have some OOP Wings of War products available for sale at much reduced prices - including Balloon Busters and a WW2 starter with Spitfire, Bf109E, Wildcat and Zero. If that last one doesn't go I'll be buying it myself.

Heading off to Cancon in the morning, see you there on Friday :salute:

Cheers,

Carl.

gully_raker
01-22-2013, 17:45
:( Bad news about the Comp Carl.
However will look forward to the Demo/Participation Games as I have not seen a WW2 game in action.
Can you or Zoe let me know which Pavillion we are in?

Carl_Brisgamer
01-23-2013, 01:08
Hi Barry,

Cancon road trip is underway, I'm just having dinner at Narrabri. Love the Newell Highway, beautiful country and no traffic!

I'll be in Canberra tomorrow (after a quick diversion to the Temora Air Museum) and will let you know the final details when I speak to Tim.

Hope you are enjoying your new Series 1 reprints!

Cheers,

Carl

gully_raker
01-23-2013, 15:10
Hi Barry,

Cancon road trip is underway, I'm just having dinner at Narrabri. Love the Newell Highway, beautiful country and no traffic!

I'll be in Canberra tomorrow (after a quick diversion to the Temora Air Museum) and will let you know the final details when I speak to Tim.

Hope you are enjoying your new Series 1 reprints!

Cheers,

Carl

:thumbsup: Thanks for the update Carl!
Chris & I plan to arrive around 8.30 to 9 am on Saturday. See you there!

Cheers Baz.

Carl_Brisgamer
01-24-2013, 19:35
At Cancon setting up the table in the Coorong Hall. Hi Zoe, I have put up the WGF table and have snabbled a board.

Cheers,

Carl

gully_raker
01-24-2013, 19:39
:thumbsup: Thanks Carl!!!!:thumbsup:

Zoe Brain
01-24-2013, 19:57
Just going there now... still to finish off the Ursinus and others.

Thanks to MILSIMS for coming to the party - they have donated 4 x $25 gift cards for me to distribute to participants! These will go to any who manage to achieve goals such as shooting down the Red Baron, destroying a Zeppelin, getting 5 kills etc.