PDA

View Full Version : Toronto New Gamer

CdnFlyer
01-08-2013, 21:38
Hello All,

I've just recently come across seeing this game on the web and I am very interrested in it, but I'm a little confused about a few different things. The first being that I have noticed that the WW1 rule set with accessories seems to be out of stock everywhere and is back ordered. Is this game still in production or is a new rule set coming out? If it is being re-issued what stores in Toronto carry or will stock it. I'm not keen on buying off the web, but as I stated before it seems like the game is unavailable. The figures look awesome and I am also looking for a good source for those as well. If anyone has a new starter set (I'm a liitle confused on what to get to start) and is in Toronto and willing to sell it, please let me know. Thanks and here`s wishing I can get help.

somaliavet
01-09-2013, 05:51
Howdy from Kansas, Stephen. You are probably going to have to search online for the WW1 Rules and Accesories Pack. 12-7 Games seems to have a few left in stock, and they have been a good friend to the Aerodrome in the past. Next month also sees the release of Duel Packs, which contain 2 planes and everything needed to get you started. They are currently in pre-order status from either our very own Aerodrome Accesories (the STORE header at the top of the page) or 12-7 Games.

Willi Von Klugermann
01-09-2013, 19:50
Welcome aboard Stephen. Try coolstuffinc.com or miniature market as well.

CdnFlyer
01-09-2013, 20:27
Thanks very much gents. Since signing up on this forum I have received quite the number of welcomes and tips. I still haven't obtained a copy of the game and have my feelers out for it. I've heard that the Duel Packs are possibly delayed until February. In your opinion is it still worth trying to find and order the WW1 Rules and Accessories pack or should I just wait it out for the Duel packs. I'm a little confused on stuff as I see a lot of items listed as pre-order. Is the company going to re-release the WW1 set? I have so many questions and I don't even have the game yet LOL.

hatfieldsinal
01-09-2013, 20:47
If you are willing to fly cards instead of minis, you can try to find a copy of one of the Wings of War games. I see 12-7 has Watch Your Back in stock.

If you would prefer to send your business to your LGS, you might point them to 12-7.

CdnFlyer
01-10-2013, 19:18
Hello Gents,

Well I just placed an order with 12-7 Games. I checked their site and saw that they had a bunch of stuff in stock. Hopefully the site is acurate. I ended up ordering the Wings of Glory Rules and Accessories pack, Rickenbacker SPAD XIII, Ellwood Sopwith Camel (Wife liked this one as it had hearts on it LOL), Lothar Von Richthofen Fokker Dr.1, and Manfred Von Richthofen 425/17 Fokker Dr. 1. I probably end up ordering duelling packs as well when they come out. I can't wait for this to come in. I paid extra to get the Priority International mail. Hopefully it doesn't take too long.

somaliavet
01-10-2013, 19:32
Congratulations! The RAP is well worth it, as it has all the damage decks and rules in one box.

OldGuy59
01-10-2013, 21:13
Stephen,
Welcome to the Forum. Too bad you are in the Big Smoke, and nowhere near Lotus Land (Vancouver Island). I found a mail order store in St Albert, Alberta that has some stuff, including old Wings of War stuff. The first box game for Wings of War "Famous Aces" and some minis are available. Check on the customs, duties and taxes, and see if they are competitive, if you order more.

http://www.boardgames.ca/wingsofwargamefamousaces.aspx

There are other games stores across the country that have old stock, but prices are usually more than American sites. I've ordered from 12-7 Games, too, to see if the "deal" is as good as it looks. But I've also building card models, initially to get anything for the game, but now for specific colour schemes (when I get better at it, I plan on doing Canadian pilots and their planes).

Hope you and yours enjoy the game. I'm a new addict, and hunting for players on the Island.

Mike

grumpybear
01-10-2013, 21:21
Hi from Alberta

marcoperse
01-11-2013, 00:10
Hi Stephen and welcome aboard from Florence :salute:

:drinks::pint::drinks::pint::drinks::pint::drinks::pint::drinks:

Marco

Attila57
01-11-2013, 11:41
Welcome from Italy! Have fun!

Attilio

steel_ratt
01-12-2013, 01:47
I picked up a copy of the Rules and Accessories at 401 Games just before Christmas. Don't know if they have any left. They're at 401 Yonge Street.
Meeple Mart may also be worth a try. I have no idea what their stock is like at the moment, though.

Flying Officer Kyte
01-12-2013, 03:12
On behalf of the Squadrons based here in Dear old Blighty welcome to the Drome Stephen.
I'm sure you will soon feel right at home here, and find your way over to the Officers' Mess for a chinwag and a few cold ones.
Rob.

CdnFlyer
01-12-2013, 12:27
Well last night while having so cold one I got a little panicky about my order with 12-7 and decided to contact them via email. I inquired into my order status and received a prompt reply that my order would be shipping the next day. I inquired into if it would be a complete order as I had ordered minis as well that were due out on the 14th. Again I received a quick and polite reply stating " Of Course, why is there any issue?". I was sooo excited, finally the game is coming! I got a tracking number this morning and am waiting impatiently lol. I'll keep everyone posted. The gang at 12-7 were so professional and accomodating with my questions. But I'm not too surprised as I'm sure they deal with alot of first time crazy panicky flyers lol. Kudos to 12-7 Games!

Flying Officer Kyte
01-12-2013, 12:45
Good to hear they are still on the ball Stephen. I have had nothing short of excellent service from them. Planes arrive here in Blighty nearly as fast as you get yours, shortly after release day, and they have always given me a heads up re any problems such as the split delivery times if sets are not released together.
Rob.

somaliavet
01-12-2013, 14:26
12-7 are, as we say around here, "good people". I've had great experiences with them and their customer service has been great. Glad to hear you are being well taken care of, all your waiting is about to pay off!

CdnFlyer
01-14-2013, 12:04
Hello all again,

Well this weekend was a good one. I've been tracking my order from 12-7 Games and waiting has been tough (such a big kid lol). I decided to surf the web and see what I could find locally for minis, which is an almost impossible task as no one stocks anything at the moment. I came across a store called the Comic Warehouse and examined their on-line store. I couldn't believe what I found. The web site had been updated on Jan.12/2013 and the list indicated that they had WoW WW1 and WW2 Figures. Immediatley the gears started turning..... how the hell am I going to convince the wife to take a trip with me to this place. She had already planned our day for shopping and this would have been an out of the way side trip. Luckily, I married the right girl and she said let's go! WOOHOO! To cut a long story short, upon arriving I found they had only 3 WW1 figures which I snatched off the shelf right away. I hugged them like a pirate hugs his gold and rum. For WW2 figs they had roughly 10 figures (4 of them being allied bombers I believe). I spoke with the owner of the store who stated that if I wanted to order anything he usually goes to his supplier on a weekly basis so I should just drop him a line (I don't know what he'll find at his supplier as most stores in the GTA don't have a thing). I happily paid for the figs and nearly skipped out of the store like a drunken idiot. My first WoW figs. WOOHOO! So This is what I was able to get:

1. RAF R.E.8 with Belgian markings (Aviation Militaire) - $17.99 Series III
2. Airco D.H. 4 with US Expiditionary Force markings (I think...US Roundel has an anchor through it)- $15.99 Series II
3. LFG Roland C II Luftstreitshrafte (Pink and Blackish/Grey colour scheme - wife likes this one as its Pink lol) - $15.99 Series II

Like I said above, I cleared them out of their WW1 figs but for the WW2 flyer they still have some stuff available. I know these aren't like legendary flyers like Billy Bishop or any famous aces, but these are my first figures. My quest continues for finding local sources of old stock. If I come across anything interresting I let you all know. Good Hunting all!

CdnFlyer
01-21-2013, 09:41
Hello all,

Well the Postman deserves a bottle of champagne today. He arrived on my door step and my dog went mad as he opened the screen door and dropped off a package. WOOHOO!!!!!! My order from 12-7 games arrived. You know that scene in Raiders of the Lost Ark when Indy is about to swap a bag of sand for the Golden Idol.... that was me opening the package LOL. Nicely packaged within the box and styrofoam was my complete order. 1 copy of Rules and Accessories, 1 Rickenbacker SPAD, 1 Sopwith Camel Ellwood, 1 Fokker Dr.1 Lothar Von R, and 1 Fokker Dr.1 Manfred Von R. I gingerly took the minis out of their packages and set them up. Amazing.... now I have figs I can actually use. I opened up the Rules and Accessories to examine the contents. Looks good, but I just realized that there are no movement cards! So to all of you who are considering buying the Rules and Accessories pack, be sure to get some minis as that's the only way currently to get movement cards! I have now placed an order with the Aerodrome for a couple of other minis and accessories. 12-7 came through very nicely, but I'm curious to see who's orders come through faster. 12-7 took about 10 days with Priority International shipping, not too bad. I still will use 12-7 as they were very accomodating to my questions and I got everything I ordered. I'm still searching for a Canadian Source, but haven't found anything solid yet. Good Hunting all!!

Nightbomber
01-21-2013, 10:04
Tally ho, Stephen! Welcome from Poland:) Congrats on your purchase :thumbsup:

7eat51
01-28-2013, 10:13
Welcome from central Illinois, Stephen.

I have had good experiences with Coolstuffinc.com: http://www.coolstuffinc.com/