PDA

View Full Version : Engine damage & Immelmann

Marechallannes
01-06-2013, 04:44
Controlled a Grumman F4F-3 Wilcat during the last mission.

The plane did a curve to the right and recieved an engine damage.

Next planned & already placed maneuver was a fast straight forward maneuver, because the Wildcat wanted to fly an Immelmann maneuver next.

I know that the engine damage has no influence on a planned & placed maneuver so the fast straight forward maneuver is ok , but my question is:

Am I allowed to fly the following Immelman, or not?

(I did the Immelmann because I had the correct first maneuver, but now I'm a little bit insecure.):confused:

Oberst Hajj
01-06-2013, 04:53
I don't recall off the top of my head if the Immelmann is a fast maneuver. If it is (and I think it is since you have to be going fast to do it and slow back down on the straight after it), then you would not be able to do it due to the engine damage.

Jager
01-06-2013, 07:47
Herr Oberst is correct: the Immelmann is a fast. You would play your fast straight (since it was already down), but would not be able to ready the Immelmann for the next play.
Karl

Marechallannes
01-06-2013, 09:50
Oh, shame on me... :erk:

The Immelmann is a fast one.

Think I've got to refly the mission. :dazed:

marcoperse
01-06-2013, 13:38
You couldn't made the Immelmann, due to your engine damage, since the sequence is: fast straight+Immelmann (considered fast 'cos the plane has to climb)+slow straight.

Marco

CappyTom
01-07-2013, 02:48
Yes, once you have an engine damage, in WGS, your only chance is to fly for home.

Thomas

marcoperse
01-07-2013, 02:57
Yes, once you have an engine damage, in WGS, your only chance is to fly for home.

Thomas

And not very fast too :lol:

Marco

csadn
01-07-2013, 14:32
Odd that a WW1 plane with engine damage can perform an Immelmann, where a WW2 fighter can't. I guess engine damage wasn't that noticeable back-when. :)

Marechallannes
01-10-2013, 08:42
The problem is: In our solo missions we don't use altitude rules, means: No dive, no climb and no Split-S maneuver.

But I read the WoG Rules and the engine damage does generally not allow fast maneuvers, so a Split-S isn't possible, too. :dazed: