PDA

View Full Version : WoW or WoG?

trailape
01-02-2013, 22:14
Hi Guys
OK, so what's the chop?
Is Wings of War and Wings of Glory the same thing?
Are the miniatures / Aircraft compatible?
Which is the better system?
Cheers
Scott

David Manley
01-02-2013, 23:20
Its the same thing. wings of War was the original name when the game was published by Nexus.
Nexus went bust, most of the creative people formed a new company, Ares
For some reason Ares decided that a name change was needed so they changed it to Wings of Glory
WoG and WoW are described as 100% compatible
its probably safer to say 99% as there are some detail changes between WoW and WoG - some manoevre decks applied to aircraft have changed and the rules continue to develop.
But at its heart its the same thing.

trailape
01-03-2013, 00:52
Hi
Just played my first game of WoG using WoW models. Just the basic game. Seemed to work OK. A Fokker Triplane V a Nieuport, (flown by my 14yr old daughter Hayley).
A real twisty affair with the Triplane winning though sustaining 7 damage.
T'was a hoot! :clap:

gully_raker
01-04-2013, 02:34
Hi Guys
OK, so what's the chop?
Is Wings of War and Wings of Glory the same thing?
Are the miniatures / Aircraft compatible?
Which is the better system?
Cheers
Scott

:D G'day Scott!
Mate, if you go down to the WW1 General Discussions section you will find in a 'sticky" at the top of the section a post I have done (rather long :D) on WoW Vs WoG giving the full details of all the various items produced by Nexus & then the new gear from Ares.
This will give you a good overview but in short all Nexus & Ares models are compatable but in the new Ares Rules & Accessories pack ALL the various editions of the Nexus rules are given in one big rule book with just a few new tweeks.
Glad you enjoyed your first combat.:thumbsup:

trailape
01-04-2013, 03:53
Hi:)
Many thanks for the tip.
Cheers!:thumbsup: