PDA

View Full Version : Solo: Dr.I vs. SPAD XIII. Speed and Agility

Nightbomber
12-22-2012, 01:55
It was just a short solo engagement using advanced Richard Bradley's solo rules (closing/moving away tables). I took Lothar's Dr.I, while the AI opponent was flying a SPAD XIII. I was really amazed how well the AI pilot used the SPAD's supreme speed. On the first turn, when we were heading on each other I rolled a dice for his maneuver and it showed an Immelmann. My first thought was "too early, poor guy";), but that was not! I forgot about SPAD's speed. The Immelmann was made right in time to shoot at my plane. Fortunately I managed to outmaneuver him several times and light up his plane. Fire took it's toll and soon the French machine went down to earth. My Fokker got only some scratches on fuselage. Well, that was Lothar...

Flying Officer Kyte
12-22-2012, 02:12
Must run a few more one on ones myself over Christmas Andrzej.
May try out some of those ace rules for the AI. as in the other thread.
Rob.

Baron Rolf
12-22-2012, 02:56
Nice result there for the Central Powers Andrzej :thumbsup:

flash
12-22-2012, 05:00
Nice job Andrzej, I played a 1 v 2 when I introduced daughters boyfriend to WoG, I used a Snipe & they used Fokker D.VII....
Not often you can get a daughters boyfriend in front of twin Vickers but very gratifying when you do ! :guns:
I won that encounter - on the second game I used a N.17, she had a Alb D.Va & he a Pfalz D.III. Took a while as they were much more cagey but they downed me in the end - turned out I'd hit them with alot of zero damage cards ! He loved it & will play again next time he visits.

HTRAINo
12-22-2012, 14:17
Well done! Fonck can be a tricky little blighter for DR.1's. I had Mark on the run for ages trying to chase me down with MvR's DR.1. :thumbsup:

gully_raker
12-22-2012, 14:27
Nice job Andrzej, I played a 1 v 2 when I introduced daughters boyfriend to WoG, I used a Snipe & they used Fokker D.VII....
Not often you can get a daughters boyfriend in front of twin Vickers but very gratifying when you do ! :guns:
I won that encounter - on the second game I used a N.17, she had a Alb D.Va & he a Pfalz D.III. Took a while as they were much more cagey but they downed me in the end - turned out I'd hit them with alot of zero damage cards ! He loved it & will play again next time he visits.

:D Sounds like the Boyfriend has passed his first test!

(Big Tick: Plays Wow/G!) :cheezy:

gully_raker
12-22-2012, 14:29
:D Lothar did tend to be a "Lucky Git"! Mind you he had a few crashes along the way.:thumbsup:

MoonSylver
12-22-2012, 19:35
Wow, what a flogging! That early Immelman was to no avail it seems. ;)

john snelling
12-23-2012, 07:19
Good report. You were barely touched. Try using 3 AI Spads against 2 Dr.I's. If that is not enough challenge try 2 on 1. I perfer the using an advanced variant of Richard's solo rules done by John Hatfield and Shaun Mather they give the AI more options. It reads like you had a good time and you got in a game that is the most important aspect.