PDA

View Full Version : Prague Summer Con 2013

Pages : [1] 2

Nightbomber
12-06-2012, 11:35
I hope my Czech friends will forgive me announcing it as the first one, but due to some questions asked on the Forum and PM's, I'd like to start this thread in advance to let everybody know that we are going to organize (yes!) the second annual Prague Summer Con 2013.

As the 2012 participants agreed, the last weekend of July 2013 is a good time to visit the magical Prague, enjoy night time walks along Vltava river and have some magnificent beers of all times. And of course, most of all, play some WGF/WGS games.

So if anybody is interested in joining the fun, please enlist here.
I can suggest a good place to stay in the heart of the Old Town, hotel Bologna, were me, my Wing mates, our families and and Sven AKA Marechallannes stayed. There was even a proposal to organize games in this hotel, but it's up to our Czech friends to arrange it - with our little help of course.

See you in Prague, gals and guys! :salute:

According to popular demand, here goes the list of participants. Please PM me or post in the thread if YOU want to be on the list:)

1. Jan AKA Watchdog CZ,
2. Jan AKA Lino22 CZ,
3. Aleksandr AKA Kancelot CZ,
4. Sven AKA Marechallannes, D,
5. Daniel, AKA Kaiser, D,
6. Markus, D
7. Nemanja SR,
8. Yelena, SR,
9. Andrzej, AKA Nightbomber, PL,
10. Sławek, PL,
11. Filip (kid), PL,
12. Maciek (kid), PL,
13 Andrzej, PL,
14. Wiktor (kid), PL,
15. Thomas, AKA Thomatchef, B.
16. David Manley, UK.

Updated: May 14th.

Flying Officer Kyte
12-06-2012, 11:51
Sounds great Andrzej.
I wish you all a great time next Summer.
Rob.

Dan-Sam
12-06-2012, 12:27
Again, probably wrong date... Hmm... :hmm:

Nightbomber
12-06-2012, 12:31
Daniel!

I warn you, mate :serious: How could you think we can have a second tournament in a row without you ;)

Dan-Sam
12-06-2012, 12:41
Weekend in the middle of holidays is really bad for volunteer who's working with young people and need to maximalize his job holidays with weekends to stay out of the city. Life is that. Enjoy it, I am sure it will be fine.

Biggles downunder
12-06-2012, 14:01
Wow, wish I could be there. I have visited your lovely city as a tourist and well remember the beer and walking the city at night soaking up the atmosphere around Wencesles square (which I remember as actually being rectangular :) )

Nightbomber
12-06-2012, 14:12
Wow, wish I could be there. I have visited your lovely city as a tourist and well remember the beer and walking the city at night soaking up the atmosphere around Wencesles square (which I remember as actually being rectangular :) )

Probably: Wenceslas Square [Vaclavske Namesti]:) a great place, truly.

Marechallannes
12-06-2012, 22:05
I'm in! :thumbsup:

...and try to mobilize some of my game group members and German forum users.

Last July weekend is perfect. :)

I think I'll arrive a day earlier, this time. :pint:

So this is the "information thread"? Do we open an "organization thread" in the Czech Forum?

Nightbomber
12-07-2012, 00:11
I opened the thread in the OC to make it easily available for all, but of course we can open it in the Czech forum as well - let's leave it up to Czech mates.

:pint: Arriving a day before is a very good plan for obvious reasons :pint:

Dan-Sam
12-07-2012, 00:11
I want to ask you, please, use Officers Club. The main purpose of the Czech forum is communication between players in czech language. Thank you very much.

Watchdog
12-07-2012, 09:22
I look forward to seeing you all in Prague next July. :)

I hope more people can come since the date has been announced already, which should give most people enough time to squeeze it into their schedule.

David Manley
12-07-2012, 09:37
Ł63.50 return from Bristol Airport.....

Watchdog
12-07-2012, 10:02

Is that the cost of petrol for your Sopwith? :lol:

Nightbomber
12-07-2012, 10:36

So David is in. Perfect.:thumbsup:

Thomatchef
12-08-2012, 11:07
We will be there as well. My girlfriend and by then our 5 month old son will be joining me. We will be there the whole week before the Con to visit Prague and its surroundings. We will be booking everything this week and are planning to stay at the hotel Bologna. I'm looking forward to meeting you all!

Nightbomber
12-08-2012, 13:16
Thomas! I am going there with my family as well! Great we can have a wonderful weekend in Prague:) See you!

Marechallannes
12-09-2012, 01:48
This is really getting inernational.:erk:

I have to organize more Hun's... :salute:

Made a notice in the event calendar.

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/calendar.php?month=7&year=2013&c=1

Thomatchef
12-14-2012, 07:12
This is really getting inernational.:erk:

I have to organize more Hun's... :salute:

Made a notice in the event calendar.

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/calendar.php?month=7&year=2013&c=1

Since the hun's have occupied Belgium twice, I would be glad to join them ;). We do share the same flag colours so that makes things even easier ;).

Nightbomber
12-14-2012, 08:46
Good sense of humor is the essence of our meeting :thumbsup:

I think we should start national participation lists in the thread:)

I bring at least my usual team, like I did this year. These are sure to come. The third family of gamers will probably come as well:D

BobP
12-14-2012, 14:01
Looks like you are going to have a busy year in 2013 Andy.

Nightbomber
12-15-2012, 00:55
Yes I am going to be, Bob:). Right after Origins I'll be able to make an oral report for some other members in Prague. At a bar with cold beers:D
But frankly, traveling (I've been traveling a lot in the past), meeting new people, talking to them is what I like the most. People are so wonderfully different. We say here: "travels educate you" and it's very true. For example: We Poles and Czechs have a common border, I've been there many times, but discovered they differ from us and are very interesting people. So I started reading a book, written by young but famous Polish author who lived there, to grasp their habits, mentality and so on. It's fascinating to explore other nations' cultures. Well, at least I love it:)
And when all this traveling is connected with gaming hobby - what can be better? I feel so sorry for people (even some friends of mine) who do not have opportunities to travel or (even worse) do not have command in any foreign language.
So yes, I can't wait for June and July 2013!

Marechallannes
12-17-2012, 05:02
Found a nice price for the WW I section:

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=69218&d=1355749314

Nightbomber
12-17-2012, 06:06
Perfect! :pint:

Marechallannes
12-17-2012, 07:00
I could arrange some engraving on the top...

The winner has to fill it with beer and empty it with one swallow.

:pint: Prost! :pint:

Watchdog, do you hear me???

:lol:

Flying Officer Kyte
12-17-2012, 07:04
Found a nice price for the WW I section:

That looks great Sven. Are they easily obtainable, or is it an heirloom?
Rob.

Flying Officer Kyte
12-17-2012, 07:08
People are so wonderfully different. We say here: "travels educate you" and it's very true.

Our saying is " Travel broadens the mind", to which I added, "Also the waistline, but slims the wallet".
Rob.

Nightbomber
12-17-2012, 09:42
I could arrange some engraving on the top...

The winner has to fill it with beer and empty it with one swallow.

:pint: Prost! :pint:

Watchdog, do you hear me???

If you can get this thing and bring it to Prague engraved it could be great! PM if there are necessary costs to cover:)

Marechallannes
12-18-2012, 01:07
Nice offer, Andrzej - but no need. :salute:

That looks great Sven. Are they easily obtainable, or is it an heirloom?
Rob.

Rob, you can find this stuff in German militaria catalouges.

This one is without charge. :serious: All you have to do is: Come to Prague and show the others your WW I flight abilities. ;)

Flying Officer Kyte
12-18-2012, 02:35
Nice offer, Andrzej - but no need. :salute:

Rob, you can find this stuff in German militaria catalouges.

This one is without charge. :serious: All you have to do is: Come to Prague and show the others your WW I flight abilities. ;)

Would I not love too Sven.
Unfortunately the period between April and mid September has to be held open for my Re-enactment activities.
Rob.

Пилот
12-19-2012, 01:29
It sounds fun. And I could come for a second reason*, too!

* Pivo :)

Nightbomber
12-19-2012, 02:01
It sounds fun. And I could come for a second reason*, too!

* Pivo :)

Excellent Czech beer is a regular fuel for our planes and minds during the Con.
Well, frankly speaking playing WoG games is just an excuse for us, heavy drinkers, to come to Prague. It's just our July Fest ;)
You are most welcome, "Pilot":thumbsup:

Пилот
12-19-2012, 02:32
Looking forward!

Watchdog
12-19-2012, 09:11
Nice, the Con seems to be growing. :)

Marechallannes
12-26-2012, 02:04
Any thoughts about the gaming location?

Think it depends on the number of players.

Club Mephit was cool. Especially the ice box with cooled beers & drinks!!!

http://www.mephit.cz/cs/prodejna-a-klub/kde-nas-najdete

Nightbomber
12-26-2012, 04:13
I agree with you Sven;). If you could occupy all the tables the space would be enough even for a greater number of players, like 14-16 IMHO.

Watchdog
12-26-2012, 05:48
I can book the tables in advance, but it would be good to know how many people plan to come. I think it is still a bit too early for that. :)

Marechallannes
12-26-2012, 06:18
Maybe we can add a little list in the first post of this thread.

Watchdog
12-26-2012, 07:28
Maybe we can add a little list in the first post of this thread.

*pokes Andrzej*

Kaiser
12-27-2012, 07:14
S onow i have my shift plan for 2013. I have to work on the Saturday of the last weekend of July but i will see what i can do.

Nightbomber
12-27-2012, 07:17
Do your best and try to change the shifts, if it's possible, Daniel, please :) Do not leave Sven alone as a German participant in Prague :D

Nightbomber
12-27-2012, 07:22
*pokes Andrzej*

Done!

Marechallannes
12-27-2012, 12:53
I'm shure I can persuade a minimum of one or two members of my playgroup to join us in July.

...but with and experienced Aerodrome member like Kaiser - it will be perfect.:please:

:salute:

Nightbomber
01-09-2013, 16:51
In another thread David AKA :) David Manley, the Drome's Adjutant confirmed his arrival. Good we are going to have some Drome's officers participating :D
It definitely raises the rank of this (Beer) Con ;)
[joking]

David Manley
01-09-2013, 21:53
Just confirming its this hotel?

Residence Bologna
Konviktska 5, Prague 01, 110 00 Prague

Nightbomber
01-10-2013, 00:21
This one exactly:)

Boney10
01-10-2013, 03:28

hmm trying to get a pass from SWMBO

Marechallannes
01-10-2013, 03:53
...and ask her for your passport, too.

Nightbomber
01-10-2013, 04:08
Cool, Chris! The UK team is growing in numbers :thumbsup:
Sven, could you imagine the BoB scenarios we can arrange in Prague?:)

Watchdog
01-10-2013, 08:53

Show her this: https://www.google.cz/search?q=praha&hl=cs&tbo=d&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=LvHuUMrSEZDhtQbsqICABg&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAA&biw=1366&bih=643

And this: https://www.google.cz/search?hl=cs&tbo=d&biw=1366&bih=643&tbm=isch&q=no%C4%8Dn%C3%AD+praha&revid=475492606&sa=X&ei=vfHuUPWIIoXFswbA1oDgDA&ved=0CIIBEIMW

No way she can not love the views.:)

Nightbomber
01-10-2013, 10:12
Maybe Parizska street, Jan...I saw some fancy shops there...:slysmile:

Flying Officer Kyte
01-10-2013, 13:06
Show her this: https://www.google.cz/search?q=praha&hl=cs&tbo=d&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=LvHuUMrSEZDhtQbsqICABg&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAA&biw=1366&bih=643

And this: https://www.google.cz/search?hl=cs&tbo=d&biw=1366&bih=643&tbm=isch&q=no%C4%8Dn%C3%AD+praha&revid=475492606&sa=X&ei=vfHuUPWIIoXFswbA1oDgDA&ved=0CIIBEIMW

No way she can not love the views.:)

Smooth move Jan.:thumbsup:
Rob.

David Manley
01-10-2013, 13:32
Booked :)

Nightbomber
01-10-2013, 13:45
Our group will arrive on Friday, so we can make a traditional common strafe beer run (uuups!) all over the old town and land in the hotel late at night. Then on Saturday ladies and non-flyable kids may be sent for a free hunt over the shops, while we can focus on much more serious matters. Late in the evening, when we run out of gas, the tanks shall be refilled in one of the Old Town 'Dromes, where we usually arrange a discussion panel about the best ever maneuvers and shot downs. Sunday morning patrol is an easy and non-mandatory one. Those with strong constitution ability may try to climb up the castle hill and end up in a hostinec with some Czech delicatessen. :thumbsup:

David Manley
01-10-2013, 13:51
I'll be working Friday and will fly out that evening, so I'll catch you in the hotel about 10;30

Nightbomber
01-10-2013, 13:52
Sounds perfect:)

David Manley
01-10-2013, 13:56

Fingers crossed Chris :)

Watchdog
01-10-2013, 14:06
Our group will arrive on Friday, so we can make a traditional common strafe beer run (uuups!) all over the old town and land in the hotel late at night. Then on Saturday ladies and non-flyable kids may be sent for a free hunt over the shops, while we can focus on much more serious matters. Late in the evening, when we run out of gas, the tanks shall be refilled in one of the Old Town 'Dromes, where we usually arrange a discussion panel about the best ever maneuvers and shot downs. Sunday morning patrol is an easy and non-mandatory one. Those with strong constitution ability may try to climb up the castle hill and end up in a hostinec with some Czech delicatessen. :thumbsup:

Andrzej, are you certain about the highlighted part? Your credit card may develop the post-traumatic stress disorder if you send it on that hunt unwarned and unprepared. How could you even think about using "ladies", "free" and "shops" in one sentence... :lol:

This time, I will try not to get bitten by some damned infectious bug again grounding me for 3 months...:hmm:

Hopefully, I should be able to get a few days off duty so I could join up with those arriving early.

Nightbomber
01-10-2013, 14:10
:lol:! Right words! But I can't help it. :(
Great Jan! This time we will make an international strafe run:drinks:

David and Chris: if you have never been to Prague, you will be...possessed, bewitched or whatsoever;)

David Manley
01-10-2013, 14:17
I've passed through before on my way to and from Bzenec, but not stayed (we tried to get to the air museum but food poisoning got the better of us I'm afraid!)

BobP
01-10-2013, 15:25
Good luck to all of you and again this year have a great time and pics again.

Marechallannes
01-10-2013, 21:30
Booked :)

Cool, David!

But I'm afraid you'll grin the whole time about my spoken "Wehrmacht Englisch":erk:

David Manley
01-10-2013, 23:14
Cool, David!

But I'm afraid you'll grin the whole time about my spoken "Wehrmacht Englisch":erk:

Sehr gut! It will be a good opportunity to try out my appalling Deutsch!

Nightbomber
01-10-2013, 23:23
Cool, David!

Be not afraid, Sven. Last time when I was in Portugal, one of the guys told me I speak English with a German accent:)

You never know...

Thomatchef
01-11-2013, 03:42
Our flight and our stay in the hotel bologna has been booked as well. We arrive there monday (22 july) and stay there until tuesday (30/07) the week after. We must add our son to the flight as well but since he isn't born yet that was not yet possible. I hope that by then all goes well with him and we don't have to cancel. Really looking forward on meeting you all!

Nightbomber
01-11-2013, 06:21
Thomas!
I wish you and your wife a happy birth (if this is the right in English!). Great you take your family with you:)
Looking forward to meet you:D

Thomatchef
01-13-2013, 09:49
Thomas!
I wish you and your wife a happy birth (if this is the right in English!). Great you take your family with you:)
Looking forward to meet you:D

Thank you! We will do our best;). Nearly everything has been prepared for the baby and we are now waiting for him to arrive ;). Another 6 weeks of waiting....

Watchdog
01-13-2013, 09:55
Thank you! We will do our best;). Nearly everything has been prepared for the baby and we are now waiting for him to arrive ;). Another 6 weeks of waiting....

I hope your WOG shelves are high enough and secure, with no possibility to be dragged to the ground. :lol:

Thomatchef
01-13-2013, 10:32
I hope your WOG shelves are high enough and secure, with no possibility to be dragged to the ground. :lol:

Haha, yes they are. Everything is in boxes and those are stored upstairs on a safe location...

BobP
01-13-2013, 10:42
Looks like a nice list of people gathering to play and get together.

Flying Officer Kyte
01-13-2013, 11:39
Congratulations Thomas on the imminent arrival of another little pilot.:camel:
I wish you and your wife all the best for the happy event.
Rob.:FOK:

Nightbomber
01-14-2013, 13:26
Reservation at Bologna Residence for Friday-Sunday made. Looking forward to see meet you guys:)
Jan, may we count on Mephit reservation again?

Marechallannes
01-22-2013, 08:45
Unfortunately, I couldn't persuade my playgroup members. :hmm:

The usual excuses, work, family, etc...

So I hope for participants from the German subsection.

Nightbomber
01-22-2013, 09:16
Take it easy, Sven. With Thomas BE, David UK, Czech friends and us, we are going to have a great time anyway:)

Oh, there is a new member of yours, MadMike, from Hessen. He has just won a photo competition by Zoe:)...

Watchdog
01-22-2013, 11:33
Sven, tell me about it. I cannot persuade anyone from the Czechoslovak wing members to register. I am sure some of them will come, but nobody else than me has registered officially yet, which is kind of embarrassing, given that we are supposed to be the hosts. :(

Andrzej, I am thinking about making the reservation in a different gaming club than Mephit. The tiny shop where we had gone by car has just moved to a new address and it is awesome. Much much larger with like 5-6 gaming tables, and it sells Wings of War/Glory.

It is merely two more tram stops away from the old location. You can see the location here: http://www.svet-deskovych-her.cz/kontakt.html

Just BTW, today I saw that the shop owner managed to get some WWI bombers, and he said he thought they were a reedition due to the shortage, which would be great news. He also managed to get a lot of WOW WWII airplanes, namely some Spitfires (for instance Vybiral), Dewoitines, Zeros (Sakai and one other), Vals, Wildcats and Stukas (Romanian?) at some sale in Germany. He had a whole large box of those. He really likes WOW/WOG and wants to support the community, but he is as unpleasantly surprised by Ares Games' strange distribution plans as we are. Nevertheless, he was quite open to the idea of the Con taking place there.

And I finally managed to get the brown balloon boxed set (and at the same time, I bought a Rumpler for F.O. Kyte). :minis:

David Manley
01-22-2013, 11:40
I'm hoping that there may be another one or two from the UK. Prague is but a short hop by Airbus from Bristol now :)

Nightbomber
01-22-2013, 12:01
Jan and David: Great news!

Jan, I really like the new location idea. Please pass my best regards to Ladislav (the shop owner, right?), thanks to whom I got my Red Baron and some other minis two years ago.

Watchdog
01-22-2013, 12:09
Jan and David: Great news!

Jan, I really like the new location idea. Please pass my best regards to Ladislav (the shop owner, right?), thanks to whom I got my Red Baron and some other minis two years ago.

I will. :)

Today, he specifically asked whether I was planning to bring those Polish guys there again. :D

Nightbomber
01-22-2013, 12:15
Sure, You will bring us there !:D

Marechallannes
01-22-2013, 21:42
Andrzej, I am thinking about making the reservation in a different gaming club than Mephit. The tiny shop where we had gone by car has just moved to a new address and it is awesome. Much much larger with like 5-6 gaming tables, and it sells Wings of War/Glory.

It is merely two more tram stops away from the old location. You can see the location here: http://www.svet-deskovych-her.cz/kontakt.html

That sounds good, Jan. :thumbsup:

Is it possible to get some pictures from the location?

What about logistics and supportlines?

Beer to compensate the frequent kills by the Czech players?

Cash(point) to buy some minis?

Connection from the main station to the new shop?

Nightbomber
01-22-2013, 23:22
Sven, in any case we'll arrive by cars, so transport from Residence Bologna to the Club is secured:)

Пилот
01-23-2013, 05:18
Unfortunately, I couldn't persuade my playgroup members. :hmm:

The usual excuses, work, family, etc...

So I hope for participants from the German subsection.
Hey, there is plenty of time before you, so I believe you'll manage to persuade them, and increase your number!

Marechallannes
01-23-2013, 06:47
But you have to do a reservation for tickets and rooms, organize it with your job & familiy etc.

We are not twens anymore.;)

Nightbomber
01-23-2013, 09:59
Good news! Two additional new pilots from my home town are coming. A father and son (12 years old) plus SWMBO.
1) Marek,
2) Marcel.
:thumbsup:
Now I am going to bring 4 -5 pilots with me.

Watchdog
01-23-2013, 11:43

Any news concerning getting the pass from your SWMBO, Chris?;)

David Manley
01-23-2013, 12:01

I'm hoping for good news on that front - more plucky Brits needed for this expedition to the Continent :D

Kaiser
01-23-2013, 12:08
Good news: The last weekend of July (26th/27th) now i have free (and the following week too) :) So i can attend the con! :D
I will arrive via train. Just need a place to sleep.

Nightbomber
01-23-2013, 12:11
Daniel, there is a barn you can stow your things in Prague:) Bologna Residence, at Konviktska street, where all the pilots (and their families) will stay.

Watchdog
01-23-2013, 12:17
Good news: The last weekend of July (26th/27th) now i have free (and the following week too) :) So i can attend the con! :D

That is great news, Daniel. :)

I think all other non-local participants are going to stay in Residence Bologna (http://www.pragueresidencebologna.com/default.aspx). Those who were here last year stayed there too.

Kaiser
01-23-2013, 12:44
Much much larger with like 5-6 gaming tables, and it sells Wings of War/Glory.
I have the feeling i will leave with more planes than i will have come with :D

I will book a room from friday to sunday. Or should i stay until monday?

Nightbomber
01-23-2013, 12:52
Polish Unit will leave Prague on Sunday afternoon; staying till Monday will let you enjoy Prague at Night for one more day ;) Lucky you...

Watchdog
01-23-2013, 13:00
If all goes well, I am going to have the whole week off and therefore I should be available for gaming even on Friday already if anyone is up for it.

Thomatchef
01-24-2013, 00:23
I have the feeling i will leave with more planes than i will have come with :D

I will book a room from friday to sunday. Or should i stay until monday?

The same problem here... Well if you can call that a problem off course ;) .

Marechallannes
01-24-2013, 04:27

Wunderbar!

I'll PM you.

Boney10
01-24-2013, 04:54

The offensive is ongoing, but the defences are slowly crumbling, helped by the fact my two boys ages 20 & 17 say they dont want to go on holiday with Mum & Dad this year :)
Also a hint that for our 25 anniversarry this year Ill finally take her to Paris, even though Ive taken her to Bonn, Rotterdam, London, Edinburgh, Lerwick ( he he) , Rome , Naples , Ajjaccio, Venice including gondola ride, Capri, Florence, is making her more ameniable to the idea.

Marechallannes
01-24-2013, 05:55
I kidnapped my wive 2011 for three days to Venice. 10th anniversary of our marriage.

It was a suprise present for Christmas 2010.

Nightbomber
01-24-2013, 06:43
:) :thumbsup: chaps! We had a "just married" trip from Opole to Paris with my wife in 2002 in a labeled van :D

Marechallannes
01-24-2013, 23:35
Just a proposal for singles that wants to join us in Prague this July.

http://www.botelracek.eu/

It's not that expensive, near to the tram line 17 and near to the base of a local Aerodrome member. ;)

Found out that you can buy 3-day-tickets for the public transport in Prague for 12 €.

So you're mobile to join us in the old town (main Aerodrome member base), the gaming location & and other recon missions you want to do in the golden city.

But attention. I choosed this hotel for his strategic position. Can't give you any guarantees for the conditions.

Kaiser
01-25-2013, 06:54
It's a ship! Awesome :D

Lt. S.Kafloc
01-28-2013, 01:15
ANDY........WOW. Last weekend of my summer holidays. I can't commit just yet as we havn't booked our main hol yet. However as I now have a date to work with I'll see what I can rustle up with swmbo.

Nightbomber
01-28-2013, 01:21
That would be great if you could come, Neil. :thumbsup:
Now we can share information right in this thread:)

David Manley
01-28-2013, 02:18
Good news Neil, lets hope SWMBO is happy to give you a weeeknd pass (mine just threw a wobbly because she forgot but, hey, its all booked now :D )

Chris is still working on it so we could have three Brits this time!

Nightbomber
01-28-2013, 02:25
No need to say Prague is a beautiful city:)

Marechallannes
01-29-2013, 08:22
We need to upgrade the list in the first post.

Daniel (D) Kaiser & Heмaњa (SRB) Пилот

Lino22
02-01-2013, 10:58
I'm in.

Watchdog
02-01-2013, 13:55
Heмaњa (SRB) Пилот

Transcribed to Latin alphabet it is Nemanja (SRB), Pilot.

Marechallannes
02-02-2013, 00:36
I'm in.

Cool, more Czech pilots. :)

kancelot
02-02-2013, 01:27
I am reporting for duty and looking forward to seeing you.

Watchdog
02-02-2013, 02:27
If I am not mistaken, Andrzej is probably too busy skiing with his family now, but I am sure he will update the list of participants soon. :)

Nightbomber
02-02-2013, 05:16
If I am not mistaken, Andrzej is probably too busy skiing with his family now, but I am sure he will update the list of participants soon. :)

You are right Jan:)

Kubajs
02-04-2013, 12:18
However the summer is too far, and many things can change, I suppose, the same problem as last year - through the summer, I leave Prague for all weekends.
But...
I think, I'll be able to leave at friday late night. So, you can count with me for the friday session, if any take place.

Ladinek
02-04-2013, 12:27
Hi pilots,
I invite you into my shop. Room for playing is cca 60m2 large with about 6 tables (it is still under construction :)). Wenn I finish arranging of room, I will post some pictures.

Beer: In shop is small kitchen, but with fridge for couple of beer :)

Cash: Unfortunately you must pay for minis in cash, but near to shop are ATM.

Connection: It is about 20 minutes with one transfer between lines (subway to tram).

Watchdog
02-04-2013, 12:37
Hi pilots,
I invite you into my shop. Room for playing is cca 60m2 large with about 6 tables (it is still under construction :)). Wenn I finish arranging of room, I will post some pictures.

Connection: It is about 20 minutes with one transfer between lines (subway to tram).

There you have it, gentlemen, you get to see it with your own eyes. This is the very fellow that is kindly going to host the event in his shop. The same man who kindly opened his shop just for us on Sunday last year.:thumbsup:

The shop has moved to much better premises and let me assure you that the gaming room is awesome, we had a gaming session there last Tuesday and hopefully we are going to meet there tommorow too. :)

Ladinek
02-04-2013, 13:15
Btw. Andrzej,
I see, that you are from Opole. Did you know Monika Kucharska :)?

Marechallannes
02-04-2013, 15:02
Hi pilots,

Perfect! Cash isn't a problem if a money automat is in range.

...and it would be cool if we can store some beer in your fridge. :pint: The only way to keep the moral high when Polish and Czech pilots perforate my planes. ;)

There you have it, gentlemen, you get to see it with your own eyes. This is the very fellow that is kindly going to host the event in his shop. The same man who kindly opened his shop just for us on Sunday last year.:thumbsup:
The shop has moved to much better premises and let me assure you that the gaming room is awesome, we had a gaming session there last Tuesday and hopefully we are going to meet there tommorow too. :)

Thank you for the contact & organization of this nice gaming place, Jan.

This is the perfect place for our SummerCon13.

Nightbomber
02-05-2013, 14:46
I agree with Sven that we have found a perfect place for our games:)
@Ladinek: I know Iwona Kucharska from Opole, but not Monika. Unfortunately Kucharska/Kucharski is a very popular family name here:) Anyway, nice you know anyone from my hometown :thumbsup: See you in Praha!
Ondrej;)

Watchdog
02-06-2013, 09:19
*pokes Andrzej*

How about an update of the list of participants?;)

Nightbomber
02-06-2013, 11:39
The list has just been updated, dear Jan:)

Watchdog
02-06-2013, 12:15
The list has just been updated, dear Jan:)

:thankyou:

Is it summer already? I can't wait.:minis::please:

Nightbomber
02-06-2013, 12:39
We are growing in numbers! Jan and other chaps: we should predesign some scenarios to have the games organized in advance, do not you think? What about having different mats/theatres on different tables to run games paralelly?

Watchdog
02-06-2013, 14:34
We are growing in numbers! Jan and other chaps: we should predesign some scenarios to have the games organized in advance, do not you think? What about having different mats/theatres on different tables to run games paralelly?

Indeed. I am already preparing a short campaign for WGF.

I cannot offer anything concerning WWII, since I do not own anything from WGS. I hope Radek (Shivaja) is going to register too, I have not seen him for ages.:hmm: I would like to ask if someone can help me and plan something for WGS.

I am going to create a Google spreadsheet later, so that participants can fill in which blocks they wish to participate in. Svět deskových her gaming club has 5-6 gaming tables, giving us as much room to play as we may possibly need. I am thinking of creating a section in that spreadsheet where participants can list what do they plan to bring with them so that we know our options.

Good thing is that we should be able to have some scenarios prepared on tables and move between them, since we are definitely going to have enough maps, airplanes and balloons to allow this. It would save us a lot of time if we can avoid lengthy preparations of each table before each game.

Marechallannes
02-06-2013, 23:05
Think we've got all the gaming mats we need for enogh WW I & WW II scenarios.

I'll bring the BoB mat with me & I hope Andrzej brings his nice Tarawan mat. Additionaly I hope for the new gamings mats till July, too. It's a variable terrain for Europe & Eastern Front scenarios.

To create a few WW II sceanrios or a little campain shouldn't be a problem, especially for BoB. (dogfight, Stuka channel/ship bombing, heavy bomber raid, etc...) The same counts for the Pacific.

Another points are the special models we have. Maybe we've got some scratch builds (Caproni Ca.4) or unofficial miniatures (Kate torpedo bombers, JU 52, Dakotas) this year too. It would be fun to play some missions with this eye catchers.

If needed I can work out a few missions for WW II.

Each scenario takes it's time and with 6 - 8 players per table we have a lot of fun.

Depending on the miniatures we had last year, most of gamers doesn't need to bring their whole stuff to the Summer Con. Just their favourite planes, cockpits, etc...

Nightbomber
02-07-2013, 00:16
I will bring the Tarawa mat and a felt desert mat with scattered rocks about the same size as Tarawa:)

Nightbomber
02-07-2013, 00:18
Indeed. I am already preparing a short campaign for WGF.

I cannot offer anything concerning WWII, since I do not own anything from WGS. I hope Radek (Shivaja) is going to register too, I have not seen him for ages.:hmm: I would like to ask if someone can help me and plan something for WGS.

I am going to create a Google spreadsheet later, so that participants can fill in which blocks they wish to participate in. Svět deskových her gaming club has 5-6 gaming tables, giving us as much room to play as we may possibly need. I am thinking of creating a section in that spreadsheet where participants can list what do they plan to bring with them so that we know our options.

Good thing is that we should be able to have some scenarios prepared on tables and move between them, since we are definitely going to have enough maps, airplanes and balloons to allow this. It would save us a lot of time if we can avoid lengthy preparations of each table before each game.

That was exactly my idea, Jan.

Watchdog
02-17-2013, 13:32
*bump*

Those of you who participated last year, could you check your C manoeuvre decks, please? I recently accommodated all my miniatures in Feldherr trays and all manouevre decks in plastic bags and I seem to have one extra 4/22 AP card (90° right turn) and nobody seems to be missing that card here.:confused:

Nightbomber
02-17-2013, 13:39
I will, Jan. This is why we all should mark our cards for the next Con. Thanks for the input.

Watchdog
02-17-2013, 13:49
I will, Jan. This is why we all should mark our cards for the next Con. Thanks for the input.

Well, I do not think I am going to mark my cards. It is like, you know, purposefully damaging them and this idea kind of rubs me the wrong way.:hmm:

wargamer
02-17-2013, 14:33
Well, I do not think I am going to mark my cards. It is like, you know, purposefully damaging them and this idea kind of rubs me the wrong way.:hmm:

Well, in that case, buy the plastic sleeves and print a set of backings with your name or other identification as you see fit. Slide that behind your game cards and drive on.

Watchdog
02-17-2013, 14:41
Well, in that case, buy the plastic sleeves and print a set of backings with your name or other identification as you see fit. Slide that behind your game cards and drive on.

Yes, I have thought about this option too. I already have some of my decks in FFG sleeves anyway. :)

Marechallannes
02-25-2013, 08:11
My official revival shirt for the SummerCon2013:

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=78321&d=1361808590

Nightbomber
02-25-2013, 08:14
Oh, that is VERY cool! Ausgezeichnet, Wingman!

Watchdog
03-08-2013, 23:58
Just to fuel your anxiety, let me officially announce that thanks to Dave's (and his elves') generosity you are going to see this big boy on the table in July:

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h379/Revchaos/Muromets%20mods/2012-11-06_08-40-42_514.jpg

Dave is so awesome and generous that he sent this to me as a birthday gift (still 22 days to go:) ). That is, for free, so that I can use it with you all during Prague Summer Con.

Cheers for Dave and his elves!:FOK:

Prepare yourselves to face its whopping :guns::guns::guns::guns::guns: machine gun posts (yeah, B, not A, but still...).:cheezy:

Flying Officer Kyte
03-09-2013, 00:22
That is magnificent Jan.
Dave is not only very talented but also very generous.
Rob.

Nightbomber
03-09-2013, 01:12
What a perfect gift, Jan! The plane is really huge! I think your A-H flights will have to tangle with it;)
By the way if nobody dares to pilot this beast I am stepping forward :serious:

To Dave "Elrond", the site's superhero :FOK:

Marechallannes
03-11-2013, 00:00
Nice... :eek:

What kind of scenarios can we fly with this beast (late or mid war)?

Does it fly for the Entente or Central Powers?

By the way: It seems that finally one of my gaming buddies will join us in Prague. ;)

Watchdog
03-11-2013, 02:29
Sven, it flies for the Imperial Russian Air Fleet and bears roundels, which puts it against the airplanes with crosses. :)

Originally a civil airliner, it flew in military service from 1914 to 1918 (and even later). During the whole war these bombers scored 12 confirmed scout kills, while only suffering a single loss.

One notable fight happened when four Fokker A.III's attacked one of these beasts. It sent three of them down and the last attacker limped to base seriously damaged. The only Ilya Muromets shot down was in an unlucky engagement with four Albatros scouts in 1916. This airplane had a reputation of indestructible machine, often returning to base gravely damaged, but still returning. The engines and fuel tanks were armoured and the aircraft was exceptionally durable.

Nightbomber
03-19-2013, 09:05
I'd like to announce the arrival of another Polish airman, Marek (another Marek:)). A complete newbie, freshman, green pilot whom I will try to teach the basics of playing/flying WGF/WGS in the coming months.
He and his family already made a reservation at Hotel Bologna.
He is eager to fly, but hope he will not become a cannon fodder :eek:

Marechallannes
03-19-2013, 09:45
Hey, cannon fodder is my job!

He has to look for another part at our SummerCon! :serious:

David Manley
03-19-2013, 11:00
He is eager to fly, but hope he will not become a cannon fodder :eek:

Hey, he can be my wingman :)

Nightbomber
03-19-2013, 11:05
:lol: I know, you want him to draw enemy fire :lol:

Dan-Sam
03-25-2013, 13:17
There is a little chance that I will join you for Saturday morning and may be for part of evening... Nothing confirmed, but it looks good.

Marechallannes
03-25-2013, 13:18
Good news, Daniel! :clap:

Nightbomber
03-25-2013, 13:26
Sounds really good! It's really annoying we have not meet each other yet:)

Marechallannes
04-04-2013, 12:41
The Bierkrug arrived in Zirndorf.

I would be happy if we could use this for the first price, if everyone is ok with this proposal...

Another point will be the finding of the best/most successfull pilot. :confused:

I'm shure we could man more than one table with our missions this time.

Nightbomber
04-04-2013, 13:00
Excellent First Prize, Sven!

Flying Officer Kyte
04-04-2013, 13:04
:clap:What a superb looking Stein Sven.
Oh heck! we have set Kyte off again.
Rob.

Watchdog
04-04-2013, 13:10
Very nice, Sven. :)

One of the other prizes will be a Gotha G.V from Ares.

Lino22
04-04-2013, 13:12
What a nice mug Sven!

Пилот
04-16-2013, 13:48
I am officially in! And my SWMBO, Jelena. She will play, too.

Looking forward to see you :)

Nightbomber
04-16-2013, 14:01
I am officially in! And my SWMBO, Jelena. She will play, too.

Looking forward to see you :)

Yahooooooooooooo!!!!:clap:

Пилот
04-16-2013, 23:42
Yahooooooooooooo!!!!:clap:

(I just had to ;) ) Gmaaaaaail :) :) :)

Lino22
04-17-2013, 04:37
So how many of us there is so far?

Пилот
04-17-2013, 06:30
Lucky 13, an we expect CZ wing to boost the number!

Marechallannes
04-17-2013, 07:47
One of my local game group member will join us in July, too. :salute:

Name: Markus.

Nightbomber
04-17-2013, 12:22
Let me list the Polish Crew:
Confirmed Pilots:
1. Andrzej the Nightbomber,
2. Sławek,
3. Filip,
4. Maciek,
5. Marek.

Willing but not confirmed yet:
6. Piotr.

Marechallannes
04-17-2013, 12:37
Deutschland:

Sven - Marechallanney
Daniel - Kaiser
Markus

Nightbomber
04-17-2013, 12:45
:thumbsup: Sven
Will there be a chance for a Friday Beer Briefing with the German Crew?;)

Kaiser
04-17-2013, 13:01
Currently it is very uncertain if i can attend. I'm currently moving house and i need some new furniture as my ex-girlfriend keeps the other half. The move itself isn't cheap either.

Marechallannes
04-17-2013, 13:35
Not the best news, Daniel. :eek:

I really hope you could join us anyways. :)

:thumbsup: Sven
Will there be a chance for a Friday Beer Briefing with the German Crew?;)

For shure, Andrzej. ;)

We arrive Friday noon in Prague (12:00), have a lunch somwhere (13:00) check in at the hotel (14:00) and try to meet Watchdog Friday afternoon (15:00 - 15:30h ?) in the game store for a few games. Jan wrote something about A-H sceanrios. That would be a great opening for the weekend.

I would propose to organize something for the evening (19:00 - 20:00 ?) , maybe a reservation for the gamers in a near pup to prepare the main match on Saturday, introducing each other, etc.

I think we're going deeper into the details June/July.

Nightbomber
04-17-2013, 15:09
Just perfect. We are in:)

Thomatchef
04-17-2013, 23:42
Seems that you are building up quite large nation-based teams. As the only defender of the belgian flag I'm looking for a nation willing to adopt me ;). I am great cannon fodder and an expert in taking explosions.

We can join in on friday too. We are in Prague from tuesday (If I'm not mistaking). Really looking forward to the event and meeting you all. It will also crank up my playtime, because since we started renovation of our house I have had little time to play, paint or post on the forum. Spice that up with our son recuiring a lot of our attention and you get a fully booked agenda ;).

Nightbomber
04-18-2013, 00:55
Good news, Thomas:)
I fully understand your current occupation. Take your time. :thumbsup:

Пилот
04-18-2013, 01:09
Thomas,

it seems that you, David Manley and me with Yelena are to defend Entente colours against evil Centrals :)

Nightbomber
04-18-2013, 01:26
Thomas,

it seems that you, David Manley and me with Yelena are to defend Entente colours against evil Centrals :)

Why not?
:D

David Manley
04-18-2013, 01:40
Seems that you are building up quite large nation-based teams. As the only defender of the belgian flag I'm looking for a nation willing to adopt me ;). I am great cannon fodder and an expert in taking explosions.

If nation based teams are the thing I'm sure the Brit contingent would be only too happy to adopt you :)

Come to think of it, who else form the UK is coming???

Пилот
04-18-2013, 02:10
Well, David,

seems that, for now, you are the only one from the Island.

Nightbomber,

We will! :)

David Manley
04-18-2013, 02:33
seems that, for now, you are the only one from the Island.

Up to me to defend the honour of King and Country alone, eh?

Well, not for the first time :D

Nightbomber
04-18-2013, 03:21
Well, as far as BoB scenarios in Prague are concerned, the "Bloody Foreigners" will give you some support, Dave;)

Watchdog
04-18-2013, 05:03
We will see who wants to play what, WWI or WWII, which side, etc...

If all goes well, I should have the whole week off duty, and even if I won't, I normally end my duty at 13.30 every Friday, therefore I should be able to get to the gaming shop before 15.30 anyway. Hopefully nothing urgent comes up on Friday or during the weekend.

When I have time during my examination period this May, I shall create a Google Documents spreadsheet to see the preferences and airplane contingent of each participant, so that we know who, when, for which war and what airplanes are available.

Nightbomber
04-18-2013, 05:46
Good idea, Jan.

BTW maybe some tournament rules should be established as well? Do you remember the question of who should be credited a kill when the plane went down in flames? The one who caused the fire damage or the last shooter?

Marechallannes
04-18-2013, 05:55
Seems that you are building up quite large nation-based teams.

No, Thomas. ;) There are now fixed settings.

Last year I could fly for the Kaiser in the WW I sceanrios.

This time, I'll join the Entente and hunt the enemy with my Sopwith Camel.

For the WW II scenarios I'll be glad to fly for the Axis. Stuka, Heinkel, Messerschmitt, Zero, etc...

Up to me to defend the honour of King and Country alone, eh?

Of course not, Mr. Manley.

I hope you accept my enlist for the Royal Flying Corps.

I have good references from my sorties with the Bulldogs. Mr. Kyte, Flash and many others could confirm this.

:salute:

Nightbomber
04-18-2013, 07:26
I like the side enlistment idea for the Con. Since I am going to bring some of my CP planes/repaints with me, me and my gang will gladly join Kaiser's Luftstreitkrafte in WGF but the Allies in WGS.:)

Dan-Sam
04-18-2013, 09:04
Jan, if you want, I can care about WWII section. I have whole Friday and main part of Saturday. And I can leave my planes in the shop if I will know you will be there too.

Пилот
04-18-2013, 10:10
Yelena and I will take part in WW1 (list what we have follows).

Entente:
SE5a (Dallas)
Nieuport 23 (Kibanov)
AIRCO DH.2 (Hawker)
+
Breguet BR.14 B2 (De Greffier & Marseille)

Central
Fokker A.III (Hautzmayer)
Halberstadt
Fokker Dr.I (Kirschstein)
+
Rumpler C.IV C

Neither Yelena nor me never played WW2 yet, but we* are willing to try
*At least me :)

Nightbomber
04-18-2013, 11:28
WGS is slightly different as far as management of maneuver cards is concerned, but it takes 5 minutes to explain:)

Watchdog
04-18-2013, 13:43
Jan, if you want, I can care about WWII section. I have whole Friday and main part of Saturday. And I can leave my planes in the shop if I will know you will be there too.

Great idea. Thank you.:)

Пилот
04-18-2013, 14:59
WGS is slightly different as far as management of maneuver cards is concerned, but it takes 5 minutes to explain:)
Great! Just perfect timing over a beer :)

Marechallannes
04-23-2013, 23:02

We have different options for WW II, Daniel.

BoB, North Africa, Eastern Front & Pacific. We have the maps to cover all four theaters.

There are a few questions:

Do we start all with WWI and finish the day with a few WW II missions? (like last Con)

Should there be the possibility to change tables, scenarios & wars all the time?

Do we have the time for a WW II mini campaign or do we prefer single sceanrios with different theaters?

...by the way: Nice offer with your planes, but I think we'll bring enought material, so don't need to leave your beloved miniatures in the shop. ;)

Lino22
04-23-2013, 23:20
Sven due to the number of participants (about 20 ish), there will be more than one table occupied at the same time. I would say one may be WWI and the other one WWII. But nothing is mandatory, we can agree on basically anything just to have good times :). We can all play a mega-battle all around one table as well.
Also the owner of the shop has a nice collection of planes from both wars that are free to use any time, but i believe there will be enough birds among us.

Lino22
04-23-2013, 23:34
This is how the place looks - the light tables can hold one mat each, so we can put them together.

Kitchen, toilet, shop, ludothek, ...

Watchdog
04-23-2013, 23:42
This is how the place looks - the light tables can hold one mat each, so we can put them together.

Kitchen, toilet, shop, ludothek, ...

Do not click the attachements. Doing so screwed up the whole site for me, opening all sorts of auxiliary windows with some code chains. Something is wrong with them.:confused:

Lino22
04-23-2013, 23:51
Corrected, i believe there is a bug in it. A picture shows fine after sending, then something happens and it promotes to a link, you gotta go to the advanced section and drag the pictures back via insert in-line. I'm having so many pictures uploaded that are not published since editing and re-uploading - and i have no clue how to erase them.

Watchdog
04-24-2013, 00:08
As for the WWI and WWII, my idea was that there would be both wars going simultaneously, with the Con participants circulating among the tables freely.

If we want any sort of campaign for WWI, we would need the players to play several games in a row, however.

As I said, I shall create a Google Docs spreadsheet during May so that all participants can list their preferences and airplanes they plan to bring with them.

Marechallannes
04-24-2013, 00:41
Ok, Watchdog.

I have some additional stuff I'll bring with me: WWI damage card hangar, dice cups for the WW II damage tokens, CHARTS FOR USING ALTITUDE RULES ;), BoB gaming mat, etc...

Nice pictures, Lino22.

We'll meet there in three month.

Lino22
04-24-2013, 01:10
dice cups for the WW II damage tokens.
Sven we have been using bags of matching color they sell in RPG shops and they work excellent. Just an idea, cups are the way for sure ... :)

Actually i was thinking about putting big letters on them too.
The shop is opened on weekends, one bag comes for about 1.5 EUR, just in case anyone is interested.

Nightbomber
04-24-2013, 01:22
We use plastic opaque cups with letters on them and this solution works realy fine:)

Nightbomber
04-24-2013, 01:24
Jan, the individual tables seem to be quite narrow. Hope we could set them together;)

Lino22
04-24-2013, 01:34
We can, no worries :). That's what we do.

Marechallannes
04-24-2013, 02:58
...okay, I'll leave my cups at home. The bags will work fine.

We'll need a few tables for the gaming mats and a little bit space for placing the planed maneuver cards, damage tokens, beer, etc...

Lino22
04-24-2013, 03:18
All right, let's say we need 2 groups of 3 tables. These tables are just little bit wider than a mat and quite a bit longer. I've just called the owner and he says there will be 6 of those tables ready. 4 are ready right now (+ some other table types) and 2 will be yet purchased. I would see this positively.

Marechallannes
05-05-2013, 23:03
Bus tickets are ordered.

Markus & me will enter the golden city on friday 12:18 h and leave on sunday 16:38 h.

You better train with the Spitfires & Hurricanes. Adlertag is coming! :slysmile:

Nightbomber
05-06-2013, 00:20
Bus tickets are ordered.

Markus & me will enter the golden city on friday 12:18 h and leave on sunday 16:38 h.

You better train with the Spitfires & Hurricanes. Adlertag is coming! :slysmile:

Lions will be on position and intercepting;)
First training of my group is scheduled on Friday:D

Nightbomber
05-13-2013, 02:52
Updated list of PL team, chaps:

1. Andrzej, AKA Nightbomber,
2. Sławek,
3. Filip (kid),
4. Maciek (kid),
5. Andrzej,
6. Wiktor (kid).

Пилот
05-14-2013, 07:48
Andrzej, would it be so much if we again ask you to update the post No 1?

It would help seeing who is coming to Prague, (now we have partial info scattered in few pages).

Thank you :pint:

Nightbomber
05-14-2013, 08:06
No problem, Nemanja:)
Will do that soon.
Andrzej.

Nightbomber
05-14-2013, 10:11
Here is the list of participants copied from the first post. Please everyone check if it's correct:)

1. Jan AKA Watchdog CZ,
2. Jan AKA Lino22 CZ,
3. Aleksandr AKA Kancelot CZ,
4. Sven AKA Marechallannes, D,
5. Daniel, AKA Kaiser, D,
6. Markus, D,
7. Nemanja SR,
8. Yelena, SR,
9. Andrzej, AKA Nightbomber, PL,
10. Sławek, PL,
11. Filip (kid), PL,
12. Maciek (kid), PL,
13 Andrzej, PL,
14. Wiktor (kid) PL,
15. Thomas, AKA Thomatchef, B,
16. David Manley, UK,
17. Daniel AKA Dan-Sam CZ.

Dan-Sam
05-14-2013, 10:30
17. Daniel AKA Dan-Sam CZ

Nightbomber
05-14-2013, 10:57
Question:

To Czech Friends: do you know any parking place we could leave our cars from Friday to Sunday somewhere in the City center (some of us will stay in Bologna Residence, Konviktska Street)? The parking issue made my hair stand on end last year :erk: What solution would you suggest?

Dan-Sam
05-14-2013, 11:17
Sorry for that, but parking is a big problem in Prague. The most important sentence is: "Beware of blue zones!" They are for residents and nobody can not park here (even me, because I am citizen of another city and I just live is Prague :mad:). Prague city policemen love fining drivers on blue zones (http://www.tyden.cz/obrazek/201304/516c42dc98c49/crop-393118-modrazona.jpg).
If Bologna Residence has not their own parking places, the best is try to find some Park and Ride on the metro (for example on B line are some at Černý most, map of P+R is here (http://www.dpp.cz/en/parking/),some are free, some of them not) and continue with public transport (good for the weekend, bad for the start and the end of the session).
The other choice is try to find some parking place that are free for the weekend (most of them) on the street (map of streets in the centre is here (http://www.praha.cz/images/stories/zony/Praha1.jpg) - green is good).
And check this map (http://pl.my-prague-apartments.com/parkingi-w-pradze.aspx) too - it is in Polish :)
By the way, the situation is a little better near LGS where we will play, but it is far from your hotel.

Nightbomber
05-14-2013, 11:21
Thanks so much, Dan.
It is a very helpful info. My goal is to leave the cars for the whole weekend and then use only public transportation (especially to the LGS and after :pint:). I think I should consider a p&r option. Thanks again.

Dan-Sam
05-14-2013, 11:37
From your hotel to LGS would be the best choice tram No. 22 - from Národní třída do Vršovické náměstí. It is a backbone tram line so intervals are half than common lines.

Nightbomber
05-14-2013, 12:11
Thanks again:)

Nightbomber
05-15-2013, 12:05
Chaps and Yelena:)

I would like to start the discussion about tournament rules for the Con.
Do we need any? I would say yes. What is your opinion?
Shall we count individual victories, mission points, team points?

Another question: tables arrangement? WWI, BoB, Pacific, Desert? These mats we have.

Watchdog
05-15-2013, 13:16
I can only speak for WWI. I would say full RAP, with or without altitude. I would go for individual kill count and possibly campaign missions score as a separate category, if there is an interest in a campaign at all.

As for maps: I own both Nexus maps and the city and the coast Ares maps. I am going to buy the third one before the Con. There are more Nexus and Ares maps here (even available in the shop), so that part we definitely have covered. Any unofficial maps would be a bonus.

Marechallannes
05-15-2013, 13:17
For the rules I would prefer:

Altitude rules for Immelmans, Split-S and dive maneuvers (1 - 5 altitude pegs).

Easy bombing - means independent from the level you throw the bomb, it takes one movement card to hit the target.

No aim bonus for gunners (maybe no aim bonus in general or only for shoting from above).

For counting individual victories:

We should do this.

Maybe we can find a solution to count them and divide them with the solved missions to determine the winner.

Should we make a difference between WW I & WW II?

I know that WW II bombers won't be a players first choice under this circumstances, but I think we'll find enough volunteers for the medium bombers & dive bombers, or not Andrzej? (You & me in a tight He111 formation versus a few Yaks) ;)

For table arrangements:

We can use the new Ares gaming mats for Eastern Front scenarios, too.

Watchdog plans a spreadsheet to determine interest and available material for the Con.

Just my opinion, I'm curious what the others write. :)

Nightbomber
05-15-2013, 13:25
For the rules I would prefer:

Altitude rules for Immelmans, Split-S and dive maneuvers (1 - 5 altitude pegs). YES. (1-5 or 1-4?)

Easy bombing - means independent from the level you throw the bomb, it takes one movement card to hit the target. YES.

No aim bonus for gunners (maybe no aim bonus in general or only for shoting from above). YES: Only +1 from above and no +1 bonus in ANY other situations (messy with more planes).

For counting individual victories:

We should do this. YES.

Maybe we can find a solution to count them and divide them with the solved missions to determine the winner.

Should we make a difference between WW I & WW II? NO difference for me.

I know that WW II bombers won't be a players first choice under this circumstances, but I think we'll find enough volunteers for the medium bombers & dive bombers, or not Andrzej? (You & me in a tight He111 formation versus a few Yaks) ;):thumbsup: We will get through!

For table arrangements:

We can use the new Ares gaming mats for Eastern Front scenarios, too. DEFINITELY YES.

Watchdog plans a spreadsheet to determine interest and available material for the Con. COOL.

Just my opinion, I'm curious what the others write. :)

Commented above:)

Nightbomber
05-15-2013, 13:29
I can only speak for WWI. I would say full RAP, with or without altitude. I would go for individual kill count and possibly campaign missions score as a separate category, if there is an interest in a campaign at all.

As for maps: I own both Nexus maps and the city and the coast Ares maps. I am going to buy the third one before the Con. There are more Nexus and Ares maps here (even available in the shop), so that part we definitely have covered. Any unofficial maps would be a bonus.

As to Full RAP: I am not sure if we can handle this, Jan. Must run through the adv. options again. I am all against "Flying Higher" rule for sure. Altitude rules yes, but simplified ones (1-4 pegs only).

Thanks for your first opinions mates.

Nightbomber
05-15-2013, 13:31
Since our American members are more experienced in multi-table Cons, I will ask them for a piece of advice in the matter. Maybe there are some easy solution how to arrange tournaments like that.
Have a look at the growing participants list. It's closing to 20!

Watchdog
05-16-2013, 00:29
I am going to create the spreadsheet as soon as I have Penal Law, Criminology and Psychology exams behind me, that is, hopefully, next week.

Nightbomber
05-16-2013, 01:25
Good luck, Jan!

Marechallannes
05-16-2013, 11:49
I wrote 1-5 altitude pegs for dive bomber missions especially for WW II missions.

We need a minimum af two dive bomb maneuvers to throw a bomb.

Starting in altitude 5 will give Stukas and Vals a little bit more room for evasive maneuvers. ;)

Пилот
05-17-2013, 09:19
Andrzej,
thanks for updating the list :)

About the rules(I talk about WW1):
I am for full RAP as the standard (but without unofficial rules). Exception: The BOOM (we should treat it as collision, or so). Aiming bonuses are good thing :guns: :crash: ( :) )
And we should perhaps have one table with somewhat simplyfied rules.

Counting victories is fine, if nobody gets overcompetetive. And we could count them in row - If you get shot down, start from zero (best achieved result counts. If tie, goal difference - i.e. total total score prevails.)

And, most important of all!!! Will beer be cold? :pint:

Nightbomber
05-17-2013, 09:28
Knowing Czechs a little bit I am sure the beer will be freezing cold :lol:
Like it was during Con 2012!
Last year we set XP cards aside, if memory serves well. We can do the same this year as well. Aiming bonus may be tricky in a dogfight mess, but majority vote will decide;)

Пилот
05-17-2013, 09:58
Should we put some poll then?

Nightbomber
05-17-2013, 10:36
We can decide it in the Club, when everybody is present:)

Пилот
05-17-2013, 14:05
Not fair! How can I vote, having plane in one, and glass in other hand? And a mouth full of beer :)

Marechallannes
05-18-2013, 00:40
I can't remember how we treat explosions last year, but I think we didn't use them.

What does fulll RAP rules mean to you? All options? ;) That will be difficult for example one wrong planed maneuer - a curve after an Immelmann or two steep ones in a row and your plane goes down. (page 18 - forbidden maneuvers) :p

We have youngsters and newbies at the tables.

We can count the kills at the table, using a piece of paper or a sheet to keep record. I'm shure there are many situations where we have to talk about. Remember when Watchdog and me finally shot down Nightbomber's Caproni Ca.4 the same time. We'll find for everything a solution.

...and we can't fix everything before the tournament. But one of the imortant points is the question of collisions.

That's something where I prefer really the house rule: Planes only collide when the base overlaps the center dot of the other base (attending flight altitude and climb markers)

Nightbomber
05-18-2013, 00:50
I can't remember how we treat explosions last year, but I think we didn't use them.

What does fulll RAP rules mean to you? All options? ;) That will be difficult for example one wrong planed maneuer - a curve after an Immelmann or two steep ones in a row and your plane goes down. (page 18 - forbidden maneuvers) :p

We have youngsters and newbies at the tables.

We can count the kills at the table, using a piece of paper or a sheet to keep record. I'm shure there are many situations where we have to talk about. Remember when Watchdog and me finally shot down Nightbomber's Caproni Ca.4 the same time. We'll find for everything a solution.

...and we can't fix everything before the tournament. But one of the imortant points is the question of collisions.

That's something where I prefer really the house rule: Planes only collide when the base overlaps the center dot of the other base (attending flight altitude and climb markers)

What he said. Agreed.

Lino22
05-18-2013, 01:00
We can agree on anything. The most important thing is not to get butt-hurt when your favourite rule is not there and keep the spirits high :).

Watchdog
05-18-2013, 03:48
What Lino22 said.:thumbsup:

As for collisions, I would recommend using the collision cards (http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=71545&d=1358405412).

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=71544&d=1358382719

It adds a very quick minigame that can be fun, as long as the cards are drawn randomly, otherwise everyone will simply bank right.;)

Nightbomber
05-18-2013, 04:21
Nice cards! Does anyone have them printed?:)

kduke42
05-18-2013, 12:55
If I might make a recommendation for the true out-of-towners, on my last trip to Prague I found a place called "Folklore Garden."

It is 'touristy" and, sad fact, has many tour buses with noisy folks come there. On the other hand, it was a wonderful evening and I counted about 19 different nationalities present. The folk music and dance are excellent. The price includes pretty good food and beverages (yes, Staropramen was the beer offered-- and all you wanted) and the price even includes transportation if you call them for a reservation. We spent our last evening there and, for a trifle extra, got them to taxi us to the airport. http://www.folkloregarden.cz/ I would go back.

csadn
05-18-2013, 13:28
Those cards remind me of the old American Heritage _Dogfight_ combat-resolution system: Attacker chooses an available card, Defender has to have available the correct counter to it.

Watchdog
05-18-2013, 14:09
If I might make a recommendation for the true out-of-towners, on my last trip to Prague I found a place called "Folklore Garden."

It is 'touristy" and, sad fact, has many tour buses with noisy folks come there. On the other hand, it was a wonderful evening and I counted about 19 different nationalities present. The folk music and dance are excellent. The price includes pretty good food and beverages (yes, Staropramen was the beer offered-- and all you wanted) and the price even includes transportation if you call them for a reservation. We spent our last evening there and, for a trifle extra, got them to taxi us to the airport. http://www.folkloregarden.cz/ I would go back.

Thanks for the tip, but the cost of the menu for one person there is 1000 CZK, that is roughly 50 USD/40 EUR. It is what we here call a "tourist trap".:p

Lino22
05-19-2013, 00:31
The cost of the menu for one person there is 3 airplanes. I count in airplanes now.

Пилот
05-19-2013, 01:47
Marechallannes is right. I'll refrase :) What about this, than:

1. Forbidden maneuver is immediately changed with straight card

2. Boom card is treated exactly like collision. In addition, it counts as major damage (pilot or engine). If you get pilot/boom, engine/boom, boom/boom,combination during the game (anytime) you are shot down.

3. Speaking of collisions (I'm closer to the Peg Rule, but cards also can be fun), I suggest use of 2 A cards (instead of 1C) with all damage aplied (including Jammed cards, which, in this case, would affect you, and not your opponent).

4. Victories.
a) Who shoots last, gets the victory (I discovered hot water, did I :) ). If there's two or more shooters, they split victory if they all scored points in a round when opponent is shot down. Player who zeroed gets nothing.
b) Plane shot down because of Flame (it happens before the turn). Victory goes to one who set him on fire. If he had misfortune to take Flame from various players, victory is split among them. If he is shot down while in Flame (during the turn) it counts as usual victory (see 4.a)

5. Point system (if we use it) usually says: 2 points for enemy shot down, 1 for enemy out of table, -1 for you shot down.
But, having option of shared victories, I'm suggesting some changes. Multiplying all scores with 6 would allow easier counting (and avoid odd numbers and bizarre fractions). So, you get:
12 points for victory by single opponent.
6 points each for shared victory (2 players).
4 points each for shared victory (3 players).
3 points each for shared victory (4 players).
2 points each for shared victory (more than 4 players :eek:).
-6 points if you are shot down
-3 points if you leave the field (it would be difficult to calculate otherwise :) )

I believe this covers lot of situations.

But, It would still be fine to use "Victories in a Row" system :)

Marechallannes
05-19-2013, 06:11
5. Point system

We'll need a referee for this point system. :eek:

I'm afraid you'll have no time for gaming then, Nemanja. ;)

Пилот
05-19-2013, 07:11
5. Point system

We'll need a referee for this point system. :eek:

I'm afraid you'll have no time for gaming then, Nemanja. ;)

Piece of paper and sense of honour are enough, but, as I said [ceterum censeo mode] victories in a row is a good system [/ceterum censeo mode] :)

Watchdog
05-19-2013, 13:04
Frankly, I think the simpler system for counting victories we use, the better.

I am against counting victories in row and resetting them after you get shot down. This may cause bad blood if others shoot down someone with a good score. In my opinion you score a kill, you get a kill point. Remember, people will fly various planes in various missions. I would prefer preventing anyone being upset.

Marechallannes
05-19-2013, 13:09

I am against counting victories in row and resetting them after you get shot down.

Exactly my opinion. :salute:

Scored 2 aerial victories (1x WWI & 1x WW II) at the last SummerCon and was shot down in the last mission as a Stuka pilot.

I don't want to go home without an approved victory. :surrender:

csadn
05-20-2013, 16:20

I don't even use "kills" as a measuring tool -- I use "damage delivered". Who's actually getting more experience -- the guy who fires one shot, and just happens to hit a fuel line; or the guy who's getting lots of opportunities to get his eye in?

Watchdog
05-21-2013, 01:30
I don't even use "kills" as a measuring tool -- I use "damage delivered". Who's actually getting more experience -- the guy who fires one shot, and just happens to hit a fuel line; or the guy who's getting lots of opportunities to get his eye in?

Well, the associated bookkeeping would kind of contradict my attempt to come up with a simple system.:hmm:

Пилот
05-21-2013, 05:37
I must admit, historicaly, only victories are important. On the other hand, you could hardly score 3 victories acompanied by 3 times being shot down.
If we tend to get some ballance and make things simple, than 2 pts. for victory and -1 pt. for being shot down (or some other ratio) sounds fine - if we have to have point system.

For me, main point of our joint pragueing is to have fun, so point system actualy isn't necessary.

But, if beer would be warm, I'll curse you ;)

Marechallannes
05-21-2013, 09:22
Curse yourself if your beer gets warm.

We have to plan the beer logistics careful.

:serious:

There is a fridge in the game store, but we have to refill first. Am I right?

Nightbomber
05-21-2013, 09:26
One or two for me at the start only :( if I come by car from Residence Bologna picking up David and Thomas if they stay there as well:)

Watchdog
05-21-2013, 09:46
There is a fridge in the game store, but we have to refill first. Am I right?

Since we are going to be there on Friday already, we can fill the fridge then for Saturday.

I hope nobody plans to get really drunk there though, I do not think the shop owner would be too pleased.:pray:

Nightbomber
05-21-2013, 09:55
Dear Jan, do not you remember how awfully sober we were last time at the Club? :eek:

csadn
05-21-2013, 13:25
Well, the associated bookkeeping would kind of contradict my attempt to come up with a simple system.:hmm:

Basic addition is excessive?

Watchdog
05-21-2013, 13:28
Basic addition is excessive?

Well, there is a difference between counting kills and counting how much damage each plane suffered from whom for the whole game. This would have to be written down secretely by the owner of the plane (so that it is not revealed to the opponents) and then counted after the game.

Watchdog
05-21-2013, 13:30
Dear Jan, do not you remember how awfully sober we were last time at the Club? :eek:

Well, I do not mind having a few beer during the games, and I am sure all those who are going to drink beer there are reasonable adults who know when to stop.;)

Lino22
05-21-2013, 13:44
If i get drunk i am off of the mat. That's for sure. I'd get just a little happy and after the game phase we can proceed to the other one and get hammered in a local pub :). Just a suggestion indeed ...

Nightbomber
05-21-2013, 14:02
Frankly we always have stick in one hand and a drink in the other during our games;) Last year after the event Sven and Jan joined our team and we had a great beertime at night in the Old Town:D

Marechallannes
05-22-2013, 05:36
Since we are going to be there on Friday already, we can fill the fridge then for Saturday.

I hope nobody plans to get really drunk there though, I do not think the shop owner would be too pleased.:pray:

My plan is simple:

Playing the whole weekend in a Luftwaffe pilot's uniform, to impress and distract other gamers. :slysmile:

!!! Drink a Schnaps for every aerial victory !!! :FOK:

Invite a Luftwaffehelferin to hold my hand when being shot down or lying drunk under the table. :dazed: :drunk:

Invite another Luftwaffehelferin to move my plane on the gaming table follwing exactly my maneuvering orders. :minis:

Rent a guard dog to protect me versus partisans who try to sabotage my Messerschmitt figther plane. :takecover:

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=90990&d=1369201817

Пилот
05-22-2013, 06:08
My plan is simple:

Hopefully slyivovitza! :)

Define
really drunk :drinks: :pint: :singin: :smack:

Don't worry :)

Nightbomber
05-22-2013, 07:22
My plan is simple:

Playing the whole weekend in a Luftwaffe pilot's uniform, to impress and distract other gamers. :slysmile:

Invite a Luftwaffehelferin to hold my hand when being shot down or lying drunk under the table. :dazed: :drunk:

Invite another Luftwaffehelferin to move my plane on the gaming table follwing exactly my maneuvering orders. :minis:

Rent a guard dog to protect me versus partisans who try to sabotage my Messerschmitt figther plane. :takecover:

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=90990&d=1369201817

WoW! Go for it, Sven! Fancy clothes, no doubt about it!
I especially like the victory toast:D
By the way - does the German crew plan to have some kind of special uniforms/shirts?
We ... have :slysmile:

Marechallannes
05-22-2013, 08:04
No, just my Prague 2012 revival shirt.

Haven't heard from Kaiser, if he joins us now, or not.

So it's just Marcus & me at the moment.

We tried to persuade a female colleague to join us in Prague, because her parents came from Poland. She understands (and speaks) Polish and could inform us about your commandos and flight advices so we would be able to gain air superiority. :D

...but she looked only astonished at us. :dazed:

csadn
05-22-2013, 12:40
Well, there is a difference between counting kills and counting how much damage each plane suffered from whom for the whole game. This would have to be written down secretely by the owner of the plane (so that it is not revealed to the opponents) and then counted after the game.

So: Pencil, paper (I use 3"x5" cards), and about thirty seconds post-match to tally up the scores. I'm not seeing a problem here. (The only problem I've run across is keeping damage separated so everyone gets the damage points total they deserve.)

Watchdog
05-22-2013, 13:15
So: Pencil, paper (I use 3"x5" cards), and about thirty seconds post-match to tally up the scores. I'm not seeing a problem here. (The only problem I've run across is keeping damage separated so everyone gets the damage points total they deserve.)

It does sound as an interesting idea, however, I would still prefer not to have to do the additional bookkeeping for the Con.

A kill is a kill. A WWI pilot's score was not counted based on how many holes he managed to make in the enemy planes, rather on how many planes did he shoot down.;)

Nightbomber
05-22-2013, 13:37
:) Let's count victories only; however when I bring back memories of flying two seaters and bombers during Con 2012 I can not beat the feeling the big birds drivers have less chances to score. On the other hand one can get a bottle of very good German wine being the most effective bomber pilots :D

Watchdog
05-22-2013, 14:00
I am going to donate a Gotha G.V repainted as an Austro-Hungarian Gotha G.IV as one of the prizes, probably for the campaign, if there is any interest for a campaign, that is.:)

I am going to create the promised spreadsheet this weekend.

Lino22
05-22-2013, 14:04
The damage points are a random element in the game. You can read your opponent right, you can outmaneuver him and then hit him with a big 0 or end up with your machine gun jammed. The damage points speak about your luck more than capability. I would also vote for kills. They feel less random-based. Maybe some simple shared-kill point system would help. Maybe.