PDA

View Full Version : Do you buy your own Christmas presents?

HTRAINo
12-04-2012, 06:54
So, you know that Christmas is coming and the Goose is getting fat,
Who puts WoW/G stuff on your mat?

Please vote. Be good and honest, else you may receive a lump of coal ;)

decapod
12-04-2012, 06:57
I just add them to my Amazon wishlist.

Flying Officer Kyte
12-04-2012, 07:23
I usually buy most of my own presents which come from my immediate family, but take pot luck on those from friends.
Rob.

alkis21
12-04-2012, 07:33
I usually buy them myself:money: but I let the postwoman choose the delivery dates.:pray:

HTRAINo
12-04-2012, 08:50
I usually let others just buy for me, but this year... I am putting in a list.

#1 'Keep Calm & Carry On' storage box for £7.99 from The Range (which is gonna be all 'sponged' out').
#2 Some new underpants, for when Baron Rolf starts to use more Fokker DVII's.

Oh, I did treat myself to some 'early' presents but do they count? Nah. ;)

CappyTom
12-05-2012, 17:30
Well I give hints. But usually get what they want to give me and am thankful. I will get what I want during the year anyway.

Thomas

gully_raker
12-05-2012, 18:40
:cheezy: I voted for "Other" as my two Daughters usually spoil me with DVD box sets of things they know I like plus Books (often lots of Books) again they know my taste & if I have been good (& when have I not been good :eek:) I buy myself stuff!
This year I am getting myself two more of the Series 1 reprints & a couple of books on WW1.

(Lucky me :thumbsup:)

somaliavet
12-05-2012, 18:59
All I get is a lump of coal....

Biggles downunder
12-05-2012, 20:33
I give lots of hints and outright suggestions...

which are usually ignored! :mad:

Baron Rolf
12-05-2012, 21:36
I'm happy to receive what my family and friends buy me for Christmas ,though for my birthday I drop hints and have got a Gotha bomber from my sister and a Eindecker from Hayden , plus the new Wings of Glory rules and two new Fokker
Dr.I's from my future sister in law , so I'll smile and say thankyou if I'll get socks again this year.

Nightbomber
12-06-2012, 01:00
I just give hints to my closest and they usually follow them:), but some additional, self ordered gifts are also welcome (you know, Xmas it's a good excuse to buy some more stuff), for they have absolutely no idea which WoG miniatures are the most necessary for particular scenarios:D. So yesterday I have ordered some P-40 and Yak supplements as pre-xmas gifts. My parents are coming to our place for Christmas and I know my Dad will love to fly some Eastern Front missions. I have Bf-109s, Bf-110s, He-111s and Ju-52s plus Yaks so why not prepare some Stalingrad winter evacuation missions :confused:.

bsmith13
12-06-2012, 07:07
One year my wife went out of her way to buy me a 1/72 diecast P-51D for Christmas (I collect all sorts of aviation ephemera). I tried to act surprised and excited, but I already had that particular model. She wasn't fooled; she was kind of bummed out that my collection was so big that she couldn't just go out and buy an airplane without worrying whether I already own it. Since then I haven't gotten anything along those lines. I sort of have to wait for the week after Christmas or Birthday, and then pick up a plane or two.

Boney10
12-06-2012, 08:10
Afraid my tribe wouldn't know what to do or what to get, so I get and wrap they take the credit :(

Baron Rolf
12-07-2012, 07:53
But at least you'll get what you want Chris , that's why I advised my sister on what to get me for my birthday a lovely Gotha bomber which I'll enjoy using that against Hayden's planes :guns::slysmile:

HTRAINo
12-08-2012, 13:41
I have the WoG WW1 rules coming down the chimney now. Might as well ask I guess lol :D

Doug
12-08-2012, 13:49
Like others I buy what I need at the time, my family (apart from my sons) would not have a clue!

Diamondback
12-09-2012, 02:09
Have to... my relatives are so bloody* thick-skulled, trying to tell them ANYTHING starts with carving it into a baseball bat and whacking them in the head with it. And even THEN that seldom works... most of the time it's just a waste of perfectly good Louisville Slugger 'cause the things break on impact, they're that dense.
*With apologies to our Commonwealth members... but yes, they really ARE that bad.

Baron Rolf
12-09-2012, 03:14
You could always try hypnosis on your family Diamondback , you never know it might just work and you could end up with what you wanted not the usual naff presents.

Attila57
12-10-2012, 11:44
I usually buy them myself :surrender:. I could never wait for Christmas! :lol:

Flying Officer Kyte
12-10-2012, 12:05
I usually buy them myself :surrender:. I could never wait for Christmas! :lol:

Pity me then Attilio.:cry:
My Christmas presents are the set of Repaints:minis: and the New mats.
On the good side my birthday is at the end of March, so I may need to re schedule those presents.:clap:and content myself with something else for Christmas.:thumbsup:
Rob.

Lugburz
12-11-2012, 16:32
I have utterly no self restraint when it comes to buying board games, books, or miniatures. If I see something I like (funds permitting), I buy it without a second thought. In an attempt to keep the rest of my family attuned to my interests, I keep a well stocked "wish list" on Amazon, with my own secret promise that I won't buy anything for myself in the month of December ... at least nothing that's on my wish list

:)
Lugz

freebird-52
12-11-2012, 17:56
I voted 'Other' because I've done them all!

1 - I've bought them myself, wrapped them and said it was from our dog, 'Ginger', to me. In fact bought my own Father’s Day gift this year, then told the kids how much they owed me!

2 - Done the unknown, be surprised, smiled and said thanks you!

3 - Hinted to others and gave them my wish list...

and since there was no "All of the Above", had to answer Other...

Cheers, ;)

HTRAINo
12-12-2012, 03:16
1 - I've bought them myself, wrapped them and said it was from our dog, 'Ginger', to me. In fact bought my own Father’s Day gift this year, then told the kids how much they owed me!

:hatsoff: I like your style lmao!!!

lacychrisvain
12-12-2012, 03:27
I just received my first boxe of Wings of War (WoW Deluxe edition)which will be under the xmas tree!! I should also "received" for Xmas, WoW: Watch your back and WoW: Ballon buster. And as a stocking stuffer I am now part of this community!! What else do I need?

HTRAINo
12-12-2012, 03:44
Regardez ici http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/album.php?albumid=1766

Enjoy ;)

David Manley
12-12-2012, 03:55
I don't buy, or ask for wargaming material for Christmas. It is a time of peace and I feel we should respect that.

BobRoberts
12-31-2012, 01:00
I typically buy my own gaming related gifts as my family tends to buy me things I need for my house. That being said, my best friend got me Famous Aces and Burning Drachens for Christmas this year.