PDA

View Full Version : Newbi needing some info

Riot
04-06-2010, 05:57
G'day Cobbers :)

Since im new to WW2 WOW (deluxe set) ive now had a couple of games and with some much appreciated help ive looked into different scale planes for future options.

However, I feel that it would probably help me out more if I had more planes to try out from the different forces and with different capabilities before going shopping for models and deciding on my force roster.

So my question is..... where do i get myself a stack of assorted plane cards? the deluxe set I got was a present so I'm a tad unsure of where it come from.

If anyone knows of anywhere in Western Australia that would be a winner to :) otherwise please feel free to chime in with anything to set me on the right path.

Pooh
04-06-2010, 09:56
Jeff,

There are 2 places to get new cards:
1. buy the rules box sets which have a variety of cards and manouver decks with them.
2. There are card packs, which cost about the same as an individual plane, which are sets of aircraft cards and manouver decks. I primarily game in WW1 so don't know all the card packs for WW2 but there is one for Spitfires and another for 109s. Check the files section, there is probably a list of them in the files section.

As to where to buy them, I believe there are several others on this site from Western Australia who can direct you to a hobby store that carries WoW or there is always ebay.

Pooh

Riot
04-06-2010, 15:14
Cheers Pooh

Ill google away for a local supplier and if that fails ill hunt down down a fellow West Aussie like myself for their links.

Thanks for your help.
Jeff

OberstOz
04-06-2010, 22:37
Hey mate, the easiest option for you is to head down to Tactics. It's located down in london court in the city. If you just google map "tactics" and "perth", you can get directions. Happy hunting.

Riot
04-07-2010, 05:59
ahh, thats right, there in the basement like if i rememeber, when i was heavily playing 40K n DnD many many years ago i used to frequent there.

Cheers mate

OberstOz
04-08-2010, 01:07
Happy to help. In terms of what to buy when you get down there, I guess it comes down to personal taste. Since the WW1 version of the game came out first there are a lot more choices and variety but as you've got the WW2 deluxe set you might want to stick with that version since the two types aren't compatible. Sadly us WW2 pilots are stuck with only the 4 basic plane types as miniatures so far. Still there are some more cards in the "Fire from the sky" Box set for some divebombers and other aircraft. But it does mean getting a whole bunch of extra stuff you don't need like more counters, outdated rules and rulers, etc. I think there are a couple of card packs coming out soon (if they're not out already) but I really like the miniatures so I'm waiting out for a new set of 4 coming, well, hopefully any day now. or not. Hope that helps.