PDA

View Full Version : Campaigns - best one for players new to WoG?

Jack Hooligan
11-26-2012, 03:28
Hi all,

I've played a bit of the WoW/G one-off scenarios and have a lot of experience with campaign miniature games like BloodBowl and Mordheim. That said, I'ma bit lost on where to start when playing WoG campaigns.

I only have 8 ships at the moment. Is there a campaign that allows for any ships available to be played and uses the Ace skills as given in the WoG rule-book? Or is there a rule-set that has proven to be the most 'solid' in the long run? That is, it's worked successfully for many groups?

Thanks!

Willi Von Klugermann
11-26-2012, 07:55
Welcome aboard Jeff. Although I don't have any experience with campaigns I suggest you read through the Campaign section of the forum to gather some ideas....I'm sure some of the other chaps will pass their suggestions on shortly.

As for your 8 ships...I can certainly augment your flotilla. Check out my Wunderhaus in the for sale section.

Cheers.

Nightbomber
11-26-2012, 08:16
Jeff, as Chris noted, there is a group of solo campaigners here. Please find "Over the Trenches" subforum in the Campaign section for more rules. links and dozens of AAR's we uploaded there. If you post your questions there, can be sure one of us will answer them. Cheers and welcome:)

Andrzej.

Flying Officer Kyte
12-24-2012, 06:16
Another place you can look is here in the files section Jeff.
http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=1
Rob.

HTRAINo
12-24-2012, 06:59
Richard Bradleys Solo rules tend to be used by a lot of folks for solo play. They can be found in the files section.

I have found that they are pretty good in general, and you only need to 'intervene' in manouvers very rarely.
Bombing runs however, can be tricky.

Theres loads of files for scenarios aswell, so theres a good chance you will find something you like ;)

AlgyLacey
12-24-2012, 08:02
Also have a shufti at the Knights of the Air rules (files section)

tikkifriend
02-15-2013, 08:24
Jeff, as Chris noted, there is a group of solo campaigners here. Please find "Over the Trenches" subforum in the Campaign section for more rules. links and dozens of AAR's we uploaded there. If you post your questions there, can be sure one of us will answer them. Cheers and welcome:)

Andrzej.
Got to recommend the Over The Trenches campaign which has been running nearly a year now.
Paul