PDA

View Full Version : New member looking for some help

armstrongjohn1
11-21-2012, 08:21
Hello,
After a trip to Warfayre in Reading at the weekend I have decided to get back into WOW. I noticed a few gaming aids being used by the group putting on the game and was wondering where I could get some. Firstly I liked the poly pockets that were being used for the cards, and Chris told me I could get some from a website in Hungary I think so could someone please give me the web address. Next the plane that I flew was on a magnetic base on top of the pegs. It was not on a ball bearing, just flat. I would like to know how this is done and if the stuff is available commercially as this looks like a better way to mount my skytrex and other makes of aircraft. And lastly, could someone tell me if I can get the products from the store on this forum here in the UK.

Thanks Mark.

diceslinger
11-21-2012, 08:38
Mark,
Welcome back to the game! I don't use the poly sleeves for the cards, but I know Fantasy Flight games has pockets that fit the cards. http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite_sec.asp?eidm=86&esem=2&esum=123 I assume the ship to the UK, but I have no experience with that.

The Aerodrome store has the gimble mount ball bearings and magnets which I personally love. There are some good tutorials on how to do this to great effect, I use the method in the tutorial by Brian that allows you to cut the pegs for the ball and magnet instead of cutting the peg off the mini. http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/showthread.php?2477-My-Gimbal-Installation-Method-(Detail)&p=31848#post31848

Hope that helps! Be sure to poke around this website, lots of good idea, history lessons, and cool scenarios to be found!

Flying Officer Kyte
11-21-2012, 08:51
Right Mark.

You can get the card sleeves from here in Blighty at. http://www.boardgameextras.co.uk/item.php?id=161&name=100+Euro+Card+Sleeves&cat=48&sub_cat=0

They do the premium sleeve and also a thicker one which I use for the Damage cards.

Look for the code MDG-7035. They are 45mmx68mm.
Rob.

Archidamus
11-21-2012, 09:14
Hi Mark - I have a flight hanger, some inserts and flight cockpits all ordered from the Aerodrome Store and shipped over to the UK without problem.

Boney10
11-21-2012, 09:35
Hi Mark, glad you enjoyed Warfare.
The small round magnets you are talkikng about were on David Manleys planes, they are not a replacement for the gimbals I believe but were to allow different planes to be used on the same bases and so reduce the number required. But drop Dave a PM Im sure he will let you know more.
All the products listed on the Aerodrome Accessories page can be ordered and take about 10-14 days to come over from the stats, depending on the size. I have bought a number of products and provided you dont have too big a parcel and not over the $50 mark you should be ok.
Lastly the pockets we spoke about were found on ebay, they are thinner than the pockets mentioned by Shawn but work fine so far for me.

try searching ebay for this Card Sleeves: Soft - MINI EURO SIZE 45x68mm, 100 PCS for Wings of War,...

Nightbomber
11-21-2012, 11:13
Welcome Mark,
you have a group of British master players here on the Drome, so they will be of help any time, I'm sure.

David Manley
11-21-2012, 11:17
Hi Mark, the magnets are those rare earth types that you can buy on Ebay for peanuts (I think the last lot of a hundred I bought cost me about 2 quid). I glued them to the top of standard flight pegs (they are available in bags of 100 from Ares) - made about ten and that is more than enough for the whole collection.

armstrongjohn1
11-21-2012, 15:13
Thanks to all who replied. David, what size are the magnets you use? Are they 3mm x 1mm?

Mark.

Biggles downunder
11-21-2012, 16:11
For card storage I use the ziplok plastic bags that banks supply for bagging up coins (well, in Oz they do) - they come in variety of sizes and seem to be made of thicker plastic. Alternatively you could look on your supermarket shelf for small ziplok storage bags - they usually come in boxes of 50 or so.

David Manley
11-21-2012, 21:56
Thanks to all who replied. David, what size are the magnets you use? Are they 3mm x 1mm?

Yes, those are the ones

Belis4rius
11-22-2012, 03:05
What's with the Welsh dragon? You been there too long!

Flying Officer Kyte
11-22-2012, 03:52
What's with the Welsh dragon? You been there too long!

I take it you know Mark then George!
Rob.

Belis4rius
11-22-2012, 04:16
Oh aye, we are old sparring partners :)

armstrongjohn1
11-22-2012, 08:51
the site asked me where I lived, so I told them. By the way how do I get an aircraft on my profile?

flash
11-22-2012, 10:17
Go to 'settings' at top right of page Mark - then 'edit avatar' under 'my settings' on the left hand side - pick what you like or do a custom pic . ;)