PDA

View Full Version : Intrested in having a go at making a paper/card plane

Baron Rolf
11-12-2012, 01:14
I've seen some rather nice planes on the Fiddlers Green website and thought about having a bash at making one in 1/144th scale , so if there's any advice to help me I'd appreciate it.

HTRAINo
11-14-2012, 04:19
My advice is; Stop buying Fokker D.VII's... you are already winning the 'Arms Race' ;)

If my Jedi powers serve me well, that is what you are planning? Am I right?

Baron Rolf
11-14-2012, 21:47
No young Hayden the force isn't that strong with you yet , as I've got another cunning ( evil ) plan developing and you'll have to wait and see what this Sith Lord is going to get .

Zakopious
11-17-2012, 15:06
1/144 scale planes in paper are so small that they can be intimidating.
If you have not constructed paper models before, do a full size model before attempting the 1/144 scale.
I use 32 Lb. laser copy paper for my 1/144 scale planes.
Many of the card modelers on this forum use 67 Lb. card stock.

I use three types of glue:
1. Fuselages are edge glued with Aleene's original Tacky Glue.
2. Elmer's works fine for gluing flat surfaces such as wings although the high water content may cause ink to migrate and change colors. (use sparingly)
3. UHU all purpose glue works well for thin struts and the plastic Fiddler's Green plastic prop disks.
I use UHU on struts because it is water resistant and the struts will not de-laminate when touched up with water base paint.

Hope that this helps,
Ken

Baron Rolf
11-18-2012, 02:37
Cheers for the advice , I'll have a dabble at making my own planes soon.

MoonSylver
11-18-2012, 14:53
I'm assuming you've read through the other posts in the forum, but if not here is a GREAT tutorial thread that I've got bookmarked & intend on using as my guide when I take the plunge. (May give it a go this week myself!) :)

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/showthread.php?4702-quot-How-To-quot-Card-models