PDA

View Full Version : From where to measure?

Ookami
03-31-2010, 13:40
:confused:Maybe I overred the answer in the forum or the rulebook, but I do not know.

When there are given length in a scenario, from which ponit do you measure?

Is it for example from the edge to the middel/pole of a base/card or ist it from edge to edge.

For example, the solo mission in Balloon Busters says to put a A-AA Card at the middel of the germen side, and the ballon half a ruler from the card.

I think this is quiet confusing....... please help me:confused:

IRM
03-31-2010, 15:07
I usually measure from the card edges when they give distances to place trenches/AA guns/balloons etc. It's only a couple of centimetres either way, so it usually doesn't matter that much, unlike when you are measuring firing distances which should always be done from the centre of the firing object to any point of the target card or base.

Ookami
03-31-2010, 22:20
Thx Iain,

for the prupose of fireing it is quiet clear to take the length from pole to edge of the target card, it is about the lengths setting up a scenario.
When setting up trenches etc itīs only a small difference, but when you have 2 point to measure the base edge or the base center of a balloon, the difference ist half a ruler... Is there any clearification in the rules of the card boxes? I only own the deluxe box sets.

The Blue Baron
03-31-2010, 23:59
I agree with Iain that it does not matter because the difference is onlx a few centimeters. That said we also use the edges of the card when setting up but I don't think that there is an official way to do it.

Ookami
04-01-2010, 00:31
Well then, we measure yesterday at our first Balloon Buster Mission from edge to edge then the discussion about "from were to measure" came up because from one edge of the balloon base to its center it is exactly half an ruler in length. Therefore it would only come centimeter, but a difference of about 50% when it comes to firing range. By the way, the base of the ballon would start exactly at the center of the rear A-AA-Cards which then covers the would balloon with defensive fire.

The only way to measure to an egde of a card is when you fire. For all other things the middel/pole of a card is taken e.g. leaving the area, infantry fire.

The left pic shows the setting my take the measure from the edge of a card, the right pic when you measure from center to center.

The Blue Baron
04-01-2010, 01:21
The pictures show that measuring from center to center might not be the best idea...

Ookami
04-01-2010, 01:27
Would the balloon prevent the A-AA-Cards from firing because the stack? Then it would be clear alway to measure setups from edge to edge, but i am not sure.

The Blue Baron
04-01-2010, 01:52
No that should be no problem but it looks strange and somehow wrong...

IRM
04-01-2010, 04:12
I don't have the Balloon Busters set, but going by the setups for the Burning Drachens scenarios the picture on the left is correct. None of those has any ground card overlapping or any objectives so close to the table edge.