PDA

View Full Version : Illinois Reporting for duty

baron1680
10-30-2012, 16:39
Hi my name is Joe and I am 13 years old. My Dad and I went to Rock Con and I played Wings of War with some cool guys. Gunner:guns: let me wear his german medal and I met Kyle and Tim. I had a fun time.

Joseph is high function autistic and really loves warplanes. He is knowledgeable and enjoys talking about them. His favorite pilot is the Baron:fokker:. Feel free to drop him a message.:minis:

Willi Von Klugermann
10-30-2012, 16:44
Welcome aboard Joe. Glad to hear that you enjoyed the game. Good hunting.

HTRAINo
10-30-2012, 16:51
Hi Joe! Welcome to the forums ;) Hope you enjoy your games

mav1624
10-30-2012, 16:58
Keep em Flying Joe!:boxing:

bsmith13
10-30-2012, 17:29
Welcome Joe!

wargamer
10-30-2012, 18:24
Welcome Aboard. Remember rule #1 is to always have fun!

When in doubt, refer to rule #1

Beer&pretzels
10-30-2012, 20:25
Welcome to the Aerodrome Joe!

crashx
10-30-2012, 21:00
Hello Joe!!! Welcome to the group!!! It was great flying with you at Rock-Con!!! Until we fly again, watch your six!!!

BBSuds
10-30-2012, 21:02
Good job Joe! Welcome to the drome. Did your dad tell you about my great flying this past weekend? I drew the explosion card in all 3 games we played!

crashx
10-30-2012, 21:06

Joe is the good looking fellow!!!:clap::clap::clap:

crashx
10-30-2012, 21:09
Good job Joe! Welcome to the drome. Did your dad tell you about my great flying this past weekend? I drew the explosion card in all 3 games we played!

Do you really do this a lot!!?? I thought this only happened at Rock-Con!!!

MoonSylver
10-30-2012, 21:31
Welcome Joe! My favorite pilot is the Baron too! :fokker: (Although there are a lot of others on both sides that I'm almost as fond of). :thumbsup:

rote Flügel
10-30-2012, 21:39
Hey Joe!!.. good to see you here.. it was great flyin with you and your dad at Rock con.. hope to get a game in soon..

Baron Rolf
10-30-2012, 22:56
Welcome to the drome Joe , it's nice to see that Wings of Glory is attracting new pilots.

grumpybear
10-31-2012, 04:01
Hi from Alberta

Nightbomber
10-31-2012, 04:35
Welcome from a faraway country, Joe:) We play Wings of Glory here as well;) Enjoy the company!

Flying Officer Kyte
10-31-2012, 05:40
:salute:On behalf of all the pilots here in the U.K. welcome to the Drome Joe.
I know you will enjoy the game just as much as we other youngsters do.
Rob.

Nightbomber
10-31-2012, 06:14
:salute:On behalf of all the pilots here in the U.K. welcome to the Drome Joe.
I know you will enjoy the game just as much as we other youngsters do.
Rob.

Because we don't stop playing when we get old, but we get old when we stop playing!

:D:FOK: ...uuups, youngsters around:eek:

Attila57
10-31-2012, 06:53
Welcome from Italy! Welcome aboard!

:FOK:

Attilio

Guntruck
10-31-2012, 06:53
Hi Joe, welcome from England

mav1624
10-31-2012, 18:56
Hey Bob! do you recognize this song? Boom! Boom! Boom! out goes the lights!

mav1624
10-31-2012, 18:59
Everytime we play he explodes!!! Two of those explosions were on the first shot!

baron1680
10-31-2012, 19:03
Were you the guy running the balloon game? I forgot your name and my Dad said you were Mike. I had a good time even if I got shot down. At least I am not Bob and explode.

mav1624
10-31-2012, 19:11
Tim, how can I argue with that when he looks like me!

baron1680
10-31-2012, 19:21
Welcome from a faraway country, Joe:) We play Wings of Glory here as well;) Enjoy the company!

Are you from Poland?

baron1680
10-31-2012, 19:24
Hi from Alberta

I play goalie in hockey. I also have played curling.

baron1680
10-31-2012, 19:28
Hey Joe!!.. good to see you here.. it was great flyin with you and your dad at Rock con.. hope to get a game in soon..

Hi Gunner! Can you paint me a plane of the Red Baron? My Dad said he would pay for it.

Trench Wench
10-31-2012, 19:28
Everytime we play he explodes!!! Two of those explosions were on the first shot!

I have pictures of it!!! Just so you all know, BBsuds is my favorite wingman!! It is unfortunate,but highly humorous that he always manages to pick the explosion card. T-shirt planning is in the works!!!

baron1680
10-31-2012, 19:29
Tim, how can I argue with that when he looks like me!

My Dad talks talks too much

Trench Wench
10-31-2012, 19:33
Hi to my favorite gaming buddy Joe!!! He loves to fly and he'll back u up when needed!! Can't wait til BBsuds trys shooting us down again......KABOOM!!!!!

BBSuds
10-31-2012, 19:44
I was flying a defective Camel, must have had a fuel leak.....yea that's it.

baron1680
10-31-2012, 19:46
I have pictures of it!!! Just so you all know, BBsuds is my favorite wingman!! It is unfortunate,but highly humorous that he always manages to pick the explosion card. T-shirt planning is in the works!!!

I like to shoot him down ,but it is so hard because he goes down so easily before I can shoot at him

baron1680
10-31-2012, 19:49

I want to see the pictures. My Dad says to watch how Bob flys and do the exact opposite and I will do good.

baron1680
10-31-2012, 19:53

That was your problem Bob, you should have been in a plane and not on a camel

baron1680
10-31-2012, 19:56
Hi Joe, welcome from England

You have lots of medals. Could you give one to my friend BBsuds. I think he needs one

BBSuds
10-31-2012, 20:02
Only if he has a KABOOM medal.

Trench Wench
10-31-2012, 20:24

Seriously Bob, remind me to go with u when buying a car. Not sure if I want to ride as co-pilot after you casually picked three planes that had fuel leaks.... KABOOOOOM.. Still love you, but Joe can take a hit...LOL

Beer&pretzels
10-31-2012, 20:25
Too cruel, Beth

MoonSylver
10-31-2012, 21:18
Hi Gunner! Can you paint me a plane of the Red Baron? My Dad said he would pay for it.

We're both in luck Joe, next month TWO of the Baron's planes will be available! The all red Fokker DR.I that you have as your avatar, & the red & green one he flew as well. :) :minis: :thumbsup:

Biggles downunder
10-31-2012, 21:47
G'day Joe, I'm from Oz - welcome to the aerodrome :)

Dwarflord22
11-03-2012, 22:07
Welcome to the Aerodrome from Texas! :salute:

rote Flügel
11-04-2012, 00:20

Joe, which plane you want.. I could do a couple.. the Albatros DIII... the Dr1.. there are a couple versions of his triplane.. let me know.. I would be happy to paint one up for you..

BBSuds
11-04-2012, 07:20
Seriously Bob, remind me to go with u when buying a car. Not sure if I want to ride as co-pilot after you casually picked three planes that had fuel leaks.... KABOOOOOM.. Still love you, but Joe can take a hit...LOL
You guys are not going to believe this. Last night I had a Spad XIII that had a fuel leak! KABOOM!!!!!

MoonSylver
11-04-2012, 08:59
You guys are not going to believe this. Last night I had a Spad XIII that had a fuel leak! KABOOM!!!!!

http://s1.b3ta.com/host/creative/5631/1238437683/CrazyHarryExplosion09.gif

:lol:

BBSuds
11-04-2012, 09:42
Great post Rob! You have cracking up (KABOOM) in more ways than one.:clap:

crashx
11-04-2012, 16:22
http://s1.b3ta.com/host/creative/5631/1238437683/CrazyHarryExplosion09.gif

:lol:

You know, I think that is the same look he had at Rock-Con just before his Gotha exploded!!!

Flying Officer Kyte
11-05-2012, 00:59
You know, I think that is the same look he had at Rock-Con just before his Gotha exploded!!!

That is a bit worrying chaps.
I can highly recommend the Dried Frog Pills that we give to Clipper.

For Frog Pills see below.
Rob.

Title: Here, take Mr. Banana
Day/Theme: Oct. 11th 'take one and call me in the morning'
Series: Discworld, The University
Character/Pairing: The Bursar, the Dean, Ridcully, Lecturer in Recent Runes, the Librarian
Rating: G
Warnings: Randomness
Undoubtedly the Bursar is one of the more difficult characters to write. Simply because he is random.
"But I draw the line at daisies."
The Bursar pointed emphatically towards the sheet of paper he had been given, "even though the gnomes will be unhappy." "Err... I don't believe you heard us right Bursar, the gnomes are unhappy because there ARE daisies. We want need to get approval from all the board in order to remove them. We need your approval even though it's got nothing to do with finances." The Dean clarified, hoping that he would get a sensible answer.
"Well, the cheese will get no say if this continues." The Bursar crossed his arms in defiance; though no-one was sure what at because once figures left the equation the Bursar was just a bunch of disconnected brain cells.
"Moving along then..." Mustrum Ridcully ushered the meeting forwards, "Our next is that of moving the-"
"The cheese rejects this notion and requests that we have afternoon tea!" There was a rather expected outburst from the Bursar which everyone ignored until he continued.
"Dame pineapple agrees with the cheese on this point and wishes to make his intentions clear concerning the state of the pie." He continued happily rambling on until Ridcully stepped in.
"Someone give him the dried frog pills already! We don't need him rambling for the rest of the meeting!"
The Lecturer in Recent Runes promptly responded, stuffing several pills into the open mouth of the Bursar and forcing him to swallow them.
"Thank you. Now, as I was saying we need to move the-"
"And the rabbit wishes to be represented too, unless of course it's a tea party. I quite like the sky today. And the dragons are acting up again."
"FROG PILLS."
"Yessir." Again, the frog pills were given to the Bursar and Ridcully was just about to start again when, again, the Bursar interrupted.
"DEAN! Are you sure those are the frog pills?"
"I'm sure sir." He held up the jar to prove his point.
"Well then what's wrong with him?!"
The librarian got up in response and walked over the table to the Bursar, peering into his eye and the blabbering mouth before pulling a banana (seemingly) out of nowhere and handing it to the Bursar.
"Ook." He turned to the rest of the wizards. "Ook eek oook ook." He grinned and ambled back to his seat, still grinning.
"Mr. Banana!" The Bursar smiled and started peeling and happily eating it.
The rest of the wizards looked blankly at each other as the Bursar remained quiet.
"What was that all about?" Mustrum Ridcully looked around at his associates before the Dean spoke up.
"I think he said that he'll see what the Bursar is like in the morning after that banana."
"Well, if that's the case... We need to talk about moving the student dorms again."

Goering Ace
11-05-2012, 17:20
Welcome to the Drome, Joe. So glad you could join us!

baron1680
11-05-2012, 17:55
Hi Rob,
I want to get all of the Baron's planes

baron1680
11-05-2012, 18:02
The DR I is my favorite one. Dad says he will pay you for it just let us know.

Thanks Gunnar

baron1680
11-05-2012, 18:10

That is what you get for flying the allied planes.:camel: Bob comb your hair.

rote Flügel
11-05-2012, 21:53
no problem.. we can figure that out later.. I do have a couple ideas I might try for myself.. when I get my Dr1s from Ken at Royal I will be able to do it up for you..there are a few rumors about various planes of his.. I may do the Fokker factory version for myself.. lol.. no Red to draw as a target.. but also just before he got shot down he was supposed to get the new Balkan Cruz (crosses.. )I want one of those for myself.. as well.. lol.. so there are a few.. but to do up another Red one I may just look at the Dr1s and do the one the company hasn't done yet..

crashx
11-07-2012, 11:33
That is a bit worrying chaps.
I can highly recommend the Dried Frog Pills that we give to Clipper.

For Frog Pills see below.
Rob.

Title: Here, take Mr. Banana
Day/Theme: Oct. 11th 'take one and call me in the morning'
Series: Discworld, The University
Character/Pairing: The Bursar, the Dean, Ridcully, Lecturer in Recent Runes, the Librarian
Rating: G
Warnings: Randomness
Undoubtedly the Bursar is one of the more difficult characters to write. Simply because he is random.
"But I draw the line at daisies."
The Bursar pointed emphatically towards the sheet of paper he had been given, "even though the gnomes will be unhappy." "Err... I don't believe you heard us right Bursar, the gnomes are unhappy because there ARE daisies. We want need to get approval from all the board in order to remove them. We need your approval even though it's got nothing to do with finances." The Dean clarified, hoping that he would get a sensible answer.
"Well, the cheese will get no say if this continues." The Bursar crossed his arms in defiance; though no-one was sure what at because once figures left the equation the Bursar was just a bunch of disconnected brain cells.
"Moving along then..." Mustrum Ridcully ushered the meeting forwards, "Our next is that of moving the-"
"The cheese rejects this notion and requests that we have afternoon tea!" There was a rather expected outburst from the Bursar which everyone ignored until he continued.
"Dame pineapple agrees with the cheese on this point and wishes to make his intentions clear concerning the state of the pie." He continued happily rambling on until Ridcully stepped in.
"Someone give him the dried frog pills already! We don't need him rambling for the rest of the meeting!"
The Lecturer in Recent Runes promptly responded, stuffing several pills into the open mouth of the Bursar and forcing him to swallow them.
"Thank you. Now, as I was saying we need to move the-"
"And the rabbit wishes to be represented too, unless of course it's a tea party. I quite like the sky today. And the dragons are acting up again."
"FROG PILLS."
"Yessir." Again, the frog pills were given to the Bursar and Ridcully was just about to start again when, again, the Bursar interrupted.
"DEAN! Are you sure those are the frog pills?"
"I'm sure sir." He held up the jar to prove his point.
"Well then what's wrong with him?!"
The librarian got up in response and walked over the table to the Bursar, peering into his eye and the blabbering mouth before pulling a banana (seemingly) out of nowhere and handing it to the Bursar.
"Ook." He turned to the rest of the wizards. "Ook eek oook ook." He grinned and ambled back to his seat, still grinning.
"Mr. Banana!" The Bursar smiled and started peeling and happily eating it.
The rest of the wizards looked blankly at each other as the Bursar remained quiet.
"What was that all about?" Mustrum Ridcully looked around at his associates before the Dean spoke up.
"I think he said that he'll see what the Bursar is like in the morning after that banana."
"Well, if that's the case... We need to talk about moving the student dorms again."

Frog Pills!!! Very nice Rob!!!

Trench Wench
11-07-2012, 17:52

BBsuds is a definitely one of the best pilots I have flown with, of course it is usually brief.... I think if we took the explosion card out, BBsuds would possibly out fly most of us. That picture does sum up the expression Bob has most of the time, but that is why he is the love of my life!!!!! He is fun to game with!!!! Hope u guys never have to fly against him with out the explosion card, he truly has the mind of an Ace!!! .... No he isn't paying me to say this...lol

mav1624
11-07-2012, 20:06
BBsuds is a definitely one of the best pilots I have flown with, of course it is usually brief.... I think if we took the explosion card out, BBsuds would possibly out fly most of us. That picture does sum up the expression Bob has most of the time, but that is why he is the love of my life!!!!! He is fun to game with!!!! Hope u guys never have to fly against him with out the explosion card, he truly has the mind of an Ace!!! .... No he isn't paying me to say this...lol

Beth :sick:It must be flu season. I feel like I have to :puke:

crashx
11-07-2012, 20:09
We'll put him to the test next time!!! I would love to see him stay in the game a little longer, afterall, we can't have him hoging all of the explosion cards!!!

rote Flügel
11-10-2012, 01:41
hahah.. the more Bob has.. the fewer I get.. hahah but it would be nice to see him in for the long haul.. haha

johnandtricia
11-10-2012, 05:18
Welcome from Chicago look forward to playing against you

marcoperse
11-19-2012, 06:31
hi Joe and welcome aboard from Firenze :salute:

:drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks::drinks: (don't worry is only soft drink)

Marco