PDA

View Full Version : Bombing

Doug
03-24-2010, 19:29
In the rules it states that the rear observer may not fire during a bombing run. I question this. This rule is fair when applied to a Rolland CII where the observer drops the bombs, but not fair to a DH4 where the pilot is responsible for bombing. I think the idea of the rear observer not being able to fire during bombing should depend on who (pilot or observer) is responsible for droping the bombs. Another example will be the Gotha which gunner would be responsible for droping the bombs and which observer would be able to fire, when in reality it was the pilot who droped the bombs.

Oberst Hajj
03-24-2010, 23:52
I think the rule was just simplified to the observer. Other wise we would have to have a list in the rules some place that state which planes drop from the pilot and which drop from the observer.

I think if you know which is which, it would be fine to apply the shooting restriction to the correct crew member.

LGKR
03-25-2010, 08:21
I think the rule was just simplified to the observer. Other wise we would have to have a list in the rules some place that state which planes drop from the pilot and which drop from the observer.

I think if you know which is which, it would be fine to apply the shooting restriction to the correct crew member.

Exactly, the rules are generalized for simplicity. A house rule to add some historical accuracy would be easy to implement.