PDA

View Full Version : New `T` Deck

Rabbit 3
09-25-2012, 11:23
One thing thats noticable with the new Series 5 models is that there has been a number of changes to the card decks used.
The DH2 and Halberstadt now use the `P` Deck rather than the `G` and the Fokker EIV presumably remains with the `G` Deck.
Thats all OK as the `P` Deck always was in the old Immelmann pack but there is a bit of a problem with the Fokker DIII and Morane as they now use a new `T` deck rather than the old `G` one.

Now I was wondering if there was some solution for those of us who are still stuck with using the old Immelmann cards to be able to create a `T` Deck from one of the older decks as a stopgap measure until we can get hold of the new models?:please:

flash
09-25-2012, 11:38
Use a R deck minus 1 left & 1 right sideslip or E deck minus the broad right & left sideslips Rob, or, you can use the G deck but forget the 'steep' marking on the Left/Right sideslips that have them.

T Deck:
3 straight
3 right turn
3 left turn
2 stall - steep
1 Immelmann !
2 right sideslip
2 left sideslip

Rabbit 3
09-26-2012, 05:10
Use a R deck minus 1 left & 1 right sideslip or E deck minus the broad right & left sideslips Rob, or, you can use the G deck but forget the 'steep' marking on the Left/Right sideslips that have them.

T Deck:
3 straight
3 right turn
3 left turn
2 stall - steep
1 Immelmann !
2 right sideslip
2 left sideslip
So the new Deck is similar to the old `G` Deck then, just no steep sideslips?
Those three options should help most of us, for me adapting the `R` is fine but then a lot of people won`t have it since it was only available in the `Balloon Buster` sets with the Nieuport 16.
Similar problem with the `E` Deck as that one is only in the `Watch Your Back` set with the Nieuport 11 cards, that set though seems to still be fairly easy to get hold of.
`G` is probably the best option over all as it`s in the Immelmann pack anyway.

Boney10
09-26-2012, 07:52
For my non standard Moraines & EIII I have used the old G deck and blanked out the steeps on the sideslips as suggested. All that is needed is a photocopier/printer and some magic tape, job done to cover the steep symbol
:)
As the Wingco is on inspection tour here in Avon this evening Ill show him first hand

Flying Officer Kyte
09-27-2012, 12:46
For my non standard Moraines & EIII I have used the old G deck and blanked out the steeps on the sideslips as suggested. All that is needed is a photocopier/printer and some magic tape, job done to cover the steep symbol
:)
As the Wingco is on inspection tour here in Avon this evening Ill show him first hand

Indeed he did and I was suitably impressed as it will sort out the problem for me also.
Rob.